DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Inevitable...our chai biskoot PSUs are falling behind the private sector especially the likes of TASL, TBAL, Kalyani etc...TASL especially is well placed to become a major defense supplier due to the extensive supply chain and in--house capabilities they have built. This is why I say competition is always good. The Congis and Comies put the private sector in a cage and now the BJP government is opening up, fully realizing that if we dont advance our defense manufacturing ecosystem, no one in the world is going to respect anything we have to say. And we are going to get our butts kicked by the PLAdyboys. Better late than never, I guess.
Good move.

Photon

Country flag
CSL proposals to the army for modular low draft barges for material transport.

View attachment 113736
Recently they got an order for civilian unmanned barge from a European country, probably technology is from another country. Anyway CSL has huge potential to build LPD, LHD everything including unmanned one.

sorcerer

Country flag
HAL delivers key semi-cryogenic propellant tank to Isro | India News - Times of India
Chethan Kumar / TNN / Oct 7, 2021, 15:26 IST

2 minutes

BENGALURU: Defence PSU Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) on Thursday said that the heaviest semi-cryogenic propellant tank (SC120- LOX) it has ever fabricated has been delivered to Indian Space Research Organization (Isro).
"The semi cryo-liquid oxygen (LOX) tank – the first developmental welded hardware is a part of the SC120 stage intended for payload enhancement by replacing the L110 stage in existing GSLV-Mk3 launch vehicle," a statement issued here read.

sorcerer

Country flag
GRSE to Revamp Dry Docks at Khidderpore : Signs Concession Agreement with SMPK
Uniindia News Service

3-4 minutes

States » EastPosted at: Oct 7 2021 7:39PM

Kolkata, Oct 7 (UNI) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd., (GRSE), a Mini Ratna Category 1 Defence PSU and a leading warship building company of India, today signed the Concession Agreement with Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port, Kolkata (SMPK), to undertake the development & utilisation of the 3 existing Dry Docks of SMP at Khidderpore, Kolkata.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Inevitable...our chai biskoot PSUs are falling behind the private sector especially the likes of TASL, TBAL, Kalyani etc...TASL especially is well placed to become a major defense supplier due to the extensive supply chain and in--house capabilities they have built. This is why I say competition is always good. The Congis and Comies put the private sector in a cage and now the BJP government is opening up, fully realizing that if we dont advance our defense manufacturing ecosystem, no one in the world is going to respect anything we have to say. And we are going to get our butts kicked by the PLAdyboys. Better late than never, I guess.
Good move.
Nice writeup to vent the buildup frustration on DPSUs, but it has nothing to do with what the news or the proposal is about.
Please read it again. It has nothing to do with the chai-biskoot babudom or ongoing DRDO projects.

SavageKing456

Country flag
Good move.
This move is to transform drdo into DARPA like agency where it's domain is restricted to advanced technologies and not playing catchup game of developing technologies with multiple domain and with lesser budget.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
View attachment 113790
Someone confirm this please. Only recent and upcoming systems, not legacy ones.
Shouldn't VLSRSAM be 50 km at the very least? I mean CAMM, which is based on ASRAAM's motor, can do 25 km.

Also Akash 1S is now Akash Prime if I am not wrong (yes its for mountains specifically, but what stops them from using the same in the plains and deserts?), and its range should also be a bit more than the non-seeker version of Akash, maybe around 40 km?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles