DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Shouldn't VLSRSAM be 50 km at the very least? I mean CAMM, which is based on ASRAAM's motor, can do 25 km.

Also Akash 1S is now Akash Prime if I am not wrong (yes its for mountains specifically, but what stops them from using the same in the plains and deserts?), and its range should also be a bit more than the non-seeker version of Akash, maybe around 40 km?
I only went by stated ranges, not what it should/might be. Will change when the stated ranges change.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
XRSAM for Navy? Don't think so. Haven't heard anything as such.
What have anyone heard about xrsam except that it's under development , also s400 missile are also ship launched .

Vlsrsam is about 35 atleast , it's meant to replace barak 1,but not 1is to 1 , it's slightly better .

And AKASH NG is equal to mesam , look at the dimensions , almost same ,motor will be same ,so why range will be half ???

THESIS THORON

Country flag
What have anyone heard about xrsam except that it's under development , also s400 missile are also ship launched .

Vlsrsam is about 35 atleast , it's meant to replace barak 1,but not 1is to 1 , it's slightly better .

And AKASH NG is equal to mesam , look at the dimensions , almost same ,motor will be same ,so why range will be half ???
and the most suspicious part is that in barak 8 missile the motor is dev by drdo only :bplease:, so why wouldn't we use that motor in akash ng

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Cool but I wonder why Army is not thinking of having CIWS and SPAAG roles combined into one platform. Korean Biho is crap. An indigenous system is not that hard to make 'cause many building blocks are already there (except, maybe, programmable ammo). We need something akin to Rhinemetall Oerlikon Millenium Gun, mounted on tracked chassis for armoured formations and on truck kun for mountain and other infantry-heavy formations. Remember reading about an indigenous system to be called as "SPAD-GMS". Wonder what happened to it.
PS I know this Kalyani video is of static CIWS for Air Force.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
L&T CIWS system was also under making
The ammunition was programmable told my amit on his defense decode video
Nice that L&T gun has programmable ammo. DRDO MPDMS is also in the works. They really need to sit with Army and arrive at a good SPAAG-CIWS two-in-one solution.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Another PSU back in private hands. The day Air India was nationalized in 1953 was the day India got headed in the wrong direction and destroyed our previous generations with poverty and lack of opportunity to progress, so much that many left even for African nations to prosper. At one time, Kenya was a more favored place than India for talented and driven NRIs to settle in. Such was the pathetic state of economy and governance that the anti national congress put together. If only parties like Swatantra party, Janata Party etc had formed governments early on, India would have been a lot richer and lot less populated and a lot less criminal. But we wasted 5 to 6 decades with Congi nonsense.
My dad once told me that it took 10 years to get a telephone line when everyone in places like America and other countries had multiple landline phones in their house/offices, which helped people network well and build businesses and prosper. Similarly with TV - the Congis introduced TV only in the 1980s when the west had TVs as early as the 1950s, which led to a huge revolution in learning as many educational programs were broadcast on TVs and several businesses got a boot because they could advertise or telecast their events llive. Meanwhile the congis in India pushed more and more people into poverty with insane policies.
Time is money and a loss of 5 decades means a whole lot of economic growth got lost due to some really stupid policies. And to me this is unpardonable. The anti national congress must be held responsible not just by voting them out permanently but actually putting their leaders in jail for deliberate anti national policies.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

I kinda agree with you, but is it officially stated anywhere?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I kinda agree with you, but is it officially stated anywhere?
The range you wrote aren't officially posted too , drdo write range as more than 50 km or ,more than 20 km ,how much more ? That's the point

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles