DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Arihant Roy

Country flag
I believe that initially we will buy few SPGAM system from either South Korea or Russia . K-30 Boho or Pantsir S2.

Then we will go the Make in India route and I duct the Qrsam in nos to fill this gap . As Pkicker had previously said, DRDO needs to take the cows project from OFB and come up with a modern aesthetic ally pleasing system instead of that montrosity. DRDO ARDE may use the same AO-18 gun of Gsh-6-30 to keep things simple and deliver at the earliest .

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Missile tests going to happen for the very first time in next year are
1.Vlsrsam
2. Star
3. Mpdms
4. Sfdr
5. Astra mk2
6. Rudram 2
7. Rudram 3

Many says a land version of vlsrsam is planned (in youtube)....but as per my info for now only ship lunched vlsrsam is in process
10 mpdms missiles are in making
Mpatgm first flight in compact mode will happen in next year too
Intially a ship will be modified by l&t for vlsrsam ,each ship will have 2 lunchers of vlsrsam having 16 lunch tubes
Vlsrsam will have a booster mated with existing astra

I believe sfdr trial of su30 will happen next year... before astra mk2....captive trial of sfdr might have completed
What about akash ng and NASM SR.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Missile tests going to happen for the very first time in next year are
1.Vlsrsam
2. Star
3. Mpdms
4. Sfdr
5. Astra mk2
6. Rudram 2
7. Rudram 3

Many says a land version of vlsrsam is planned (in youtube)....but as per my info for now only ship lunched vlsrsam is in process
10 mpdms missiles are in making
Mpatgm first flight in compact mode will happen in next year too
Intially a ship will be modified by l&t for vlsrsam ,each ship will have 2 lunchers of vlsrsam having 16 lunch tubes
Vlsrsam will have a booster mated with existing astra

I believe sfdr trial of su30 will happen next year... before astra mk2....captive trial of sfdr might have completed
what about xrsam

Arihant Roy

Country flag
It was proposed way back.
Yes long back I read about it . I thought there is a news article of recent origin mentioning it explicitly .

I have been hearing about the Super upgrade since 2012.

Fortunately the Balakot strikes , next day's oo swift fart and the recent prolonged standoff has shaken the senior staff officers at Air HQ and the babus at South block from their slumber .

The main obstacle to the deep upgrade has always been the lack of financial resources . Money. I hope , better sense prevails and push comes from the very top . I am 200 percent certain that next year's defense budget will have a double digit rise in capital budget and a single digit rise in the revenue head.

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes long back I read about it . I thought there is a news article of recent origin mentioning it explicitly .

I have been hearing about the Super upgrade since 2012.

Fortunately the Balakot strikes , next day's oo swift fart and the recent prolonged standoff has shaken the senior staff officers at Air HQ and the babus at South block from their slumber .

The main obstacle to the deep upgrade has always been the lack of financial resources . Money. I hope , better sense prevails and push comes from the very top . I am 200 percent certain that next year's defense budget will have a double digit rise in capital budget and a single digit rise in the revenue head.
images.jpeg

Karthi

Country flag
IMG_20201118_144439.jpg

IMRH Programme Progresses with Wind Tunnel Model

HAL has embarked on the concept & configuration studies of the Indian Multi-Role Helicopter in the 13-ton medium lift class

It will be designed/developed to replace Mi-17s being used by the IAF/Army

HAL: One of the major activities for finalizing the configuration of the IMRH is to make & test a 1:10 scale wind tunnel model to ascertain the basic aerodynamic characteristics of the helicopter.

Vayu Aerospace

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
What does this mean? If hal can make a single crystal blades for Sukhoi engines then why they can't replicate the process for Kaveri Engine? Isn't the main issue was the absence of the capability to make single-crystal blades?
if we have more than two technologies to achieve the same result, it’s a good thing.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
That's weird drdo removed the picture of XRSAM from their website.
I wanted to bring this to people's notice earlier, but never got the time to. That page that displayed XR-SAM on DRDO's website was most probably fake. Reason I think that is because when I looked at that page, the address bar did not read drdo.gov.in , instead it was redirecting to some alternate weird IP address which was showing up in the address bar. Everytime I visited that page, it was opening at that same IP address. I haven't studied networking but I suspect that was because that particular "DRDO webpage" was put there by some jingo. Some jingo was hosting it on his own PC, which in my uninformed opinion explains why there was a static IP address showing in the address bar whenever I visited that page, instead of "drdo.gov.in". I even went to the official DRDO website and searched for XR-SAM in their products. It did not show up back then, so it was not removed. It was never on the official website in the first place. I suspect a certain someone who could be that jingo, although I have no proof. But first, I just wanted to put this up for discussion. Do you people remember if you noticed the address bar when you visited that page?

P.S. I don't mean to say that XR-SAM project doesn't exist. It might. But that so called "DRDO web page" people took to be a confirmation from DRDO, was fake.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles