DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I have some confirmed news about drdo missiles devolopment:-. 1)rudram2 has a range upto 330 km. 2)rudram3 has a range upto 550 km. 3)govt. Sanctioned vshorad(manpad) r&d project by drdo.so igla-s contract not going to be signed. 4)beside nasm-sr there is another missile nasm-mr...... All these information i am telling from a document.it confirmed
both manpad and vshorad contracts are different are you sure govt sanctioned money for both.

Karthi

Country flag
IMG_20200424_203820.jpg

VEL

IMG_20200424_203845.jpg

BEL JSR team developing a family of three prototype airborne weapon systems, respectively designated Waghnak, Khagantak, and Vel, all of which are envisioned as low-cost, state-of-the-art, penetration weapons for domestic and export customers. However, the weapons can be fitted with different payloads or seekers as per customer requirement.

To develop universal advanced guided weapons that provide an improved air-to-surface attack capability for combat aircraft operating in contested airspace. BEL will supply all electronics and guidance subsystems, while the body and control systems are supplied by JSR Dynamics. The team claims that the weapons will have only 10% imported subsystems, but declined to disclose further details.

The Waghnak is a 450 kg-class precision stand-off glide munition, similar in appearance to the US-built AGM-154 Joint Stand-Off Weapon (JSOW) but with a different design approach. The weapon has a streamlined lightweight carbon composite body with fold-out mid-body glide wings and five aft control surfaces to deliver a range of 154 km at a launch altitude of 12,000 m, with a maximum engagement speed of 272 m/s. BEL claims that the composite material helps reduce the Waghnak’s radar cross section (RCS) signature and improves operational range.

BEL is offering a basic option of Waghnak featuring a multiband passive RF seeker (1-3, 3-6, 6-12 GHz) with an inertial navigation system (INS)/GPS with long-wave infrared (IR) sensor for terminal guidance, and a tandem warhead (primary: 225 kg penetration warhead; secondary: 45 kg shaped charge) for hard-surface attack. The munition can be configured with only an INS/GPS, semi-active laser (SAL), or medium-wave IR seeker as required.

Ignore if already posted

Karthi

Country flag
I have some confirmed news about drdo missiles devolopment:-. 1)rudram2 has a range upto 330 km. 2)rudram3 has a range upto 550 km. 3)govt. Sanctioned vshorad(manpad) r&d project by drdo.so igla-s contract not going to be signed. 4)beside nasm-sr there is another missile nasm-mr...... All these information i am telling from a document.it confirmed

Hey bro can you share which document

Bajirao

Country flag
After drdo releasing specs of nasm-sr for the first time in defexpo-2020,many defence enthusiast have started to critisize drdo for the missile's short range,only 100 kg warhead,and for not using turbofan or turbojet engine and many more.but before critisizing you have to understand the intended role of this missile.the target of nasm-sr is going to be small missile boats,speed boats with rocket and many more these type of threat,whose missile defence system is not going to be sophisticated,maybe only some point defence gun and manpad.so it need not much speed or range.on the other hand as the missile's main target is not big warships so it need not warhead of 300 or 400 kg.use of rocket motor in place of turbofan is for cost effectiveness and avoiding headeche of devoloping another turbofan engine(drdo' week point).so, nasm-sr makes sense.

Bajirao

Country flag
Pantsir and biho, in my opinion both system is junk.in syria pantsir used by syrian became favorite target for opposition army and airforce.they already destroyed probably 6-8 pantsir system.i think biho will face similar result if deployed in a proper battlefied.in my opinion the cause of these failure maybe it's radar coverege is only in one side,other three side mostly blind,it maybe get some warning from serveilence radar support,but in a real battle field only getting warning is not enough,it's one sided fire control radar will fail in a coordinated attacks like cruise missile,glide munation or, drone swarm.so, i think the only way forward is drdo-army devolop a unique system,probably using a four wall multifunction radar, just like qrsam and place short range missile and gun either upon the radar or, place it on a second vehicle.there has been rumour that , army is not happy with both the system and considering award the project to drdo .i hope drdo comes out with a unique design, just like qrsam,which i think very unique with it's four wall flush body aesa radar.....

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Integrated platform management and propulsion management system by L&T.

Seamless integration with Navigation and Meteorological equipment.

Real-time monitoring and control vessel's propulsion, auxiliaries, and electrical systems.

Geographically distributed hardware with a dual redundant active and managed networks.

Configured around open architecture VEM module.

Builtin Test equipment(BITE).

Dual redundancy at each layer.

Handles complex algorithms.

Configurable for over'14000 in/op channels.

Online calibration facility.
FB_IMG_1587872769276.jpg

Bajirao

Country flag
Rci along with Nal devoloping a 2.5 kn turbojet engine . From the tender document it is clear that the engine is for a air lunched cruise missile....now question is that for which missile is the engine for????? I have some theory abaout that....1)it is for nasm-mr. a 2.5 kn engine will suite for a 600-700 kg. Missile.a 600-700 kg missile with 200 kg warhead and turbojet engine will have a range about 300 km,which is medium range and generely for anti ship missile turbojet engine prefered due to beter speed......2)I have a wild prediction that rudram2 will be a cruise missile (stealth maybe like scalp). A 600-700 kg missile with 200 kg. warhead and turbojet engine will achive it's stated range 330 km,as turbojet engine decrease missile range to give better speed.....3)if my second theory get right then it may possible that nasm-mr and rudram2 same missile with different role......post your opinions on these theories

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles