DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

vidhwanshak

Country flag
it is not ready, still ad1 and ad2 are to be tested and the kkv size should be miniaturized it is fukin huge
yes, it is only deployed in teir 1 cities.

XRSAM is also part of this which isn't developed.

I pasted a link when first S400 was deleiverd of Security Scan where Air Force officer explained how things will work role of s-400 ectc etc. can't find it now

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Is he talking about power semiconductors for Electric Vehicles? We are atleast a decade behind state-of-the-art and he's talking about leading the innovation in 2-3 years.

SiC MOSFETs are on 4th Generation, GaN HEMTs are on 2nd generation. IISc has developed a 4A,600V device and working towards 30A,600V ...but who knows how many years it's gonna take. In other countries most of this work is done by Industrial R&D departments and but here in India most of them are busy maintaining specs sheet of imports from China. :frusty::scared1:

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Is he talking about power semiconductors for Electric Vehicles?

SiC MOSFETs are on 4th Generation, GaN HEMTs are on 2nd generation. IISc has developed a 4A,600V device and working towards 30A,600V ...but who knows how many years it's gonna take. In other countries most of this work is done by Industrial R&D departments and but here in India most of them are busy maintaining specs sheet of imports from China. :frusty::scared1:
KINDLY EXPLAIN MORE :confused1:

karn

Country flag
I am also wondering ,if it is possible to develop a similar Long range Hypersonic Anti-Ship Missile....with 2500+ KM range ... ballistic missile + HSTDV combo
That is a df 21 type right ? Anything hypersonic is subjected to reentry black out.. no one has been able to hit a moving target with a hypersonic missile till today .

TopWatcher

Country flag
nirbhay or to be ITCM is subsonic much cheaper,fully indigenous and will be fielded in much larger no's ...u dont need a brahmos for everything
Issue drdo worked/working on different type of missiles. To produce in large no. need infra and investment. Investment will be divided and not able to produce in large nos in short time.

Vamsi

Country flag
That is a df 21 type right ? Anything hypersonic is subjected to reentry black out.. no one has been able to hit a moving target with a hypersonic missile till today .
DF21 is HGV, it doesn't use Scramjet,it glides over upper atmosphere,it's unpowered during terminal flight & hence require precise mid-course updates to hit a moving target. What I'm trying to say is a new Mizzile with Agni-P as a booster + Scramjet powered Hypersonic Cruise Vehicle as a terminal stage. This Hypersonic cruise vehicle will be powered and hence can easily hit a moving target when compared to a unpowered Glide Vehicle like DF-21. So, it will be more precise.

karn

Country flag
DF21 is HGV, it doesn't use Scramjet,it glides over upper atmosphere,it's unpowered during terminal flight & hence require precise mid-course updates to hit a moving target. What I'm trying to say is a new Mizzile with Agni-P as a booster + Scramjet powered Hypersonic Cruise Vehicle as a terminal stage. This Hypersonic cruise vehicle will be powered and hence can easily hit a moving target when compared to a unpowered Glide Vehicle like DF-21. So, it will be more precise.
Reentry blackout occurs due to the plasma buildup ahead of anything Hypersonic in the atmosphere which means radar cannot be used and optronic sensors last a few seconds .. the Glide Vehicle vs scramjet is not important compared to this imo

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Reentry blackout occurs due to the plasma buildup ahead of anything Hypersonic in the atmosphere which means radar cannot be used and optronic sensors last a few seconds .. the Glide Vehicle vs scramjet is not important compared to this imo
Naa, I had read something about this

read this

Even one boy from IIT Mandi EE department did some research in his internship in US (SN Bose fellow) on communication through dense plasmas. The basic funda is to apply a high voltage so that the effective resistance is zero. I thing this can be applied in hypersonic vehicles to overcome communication blackout.
@Vamsi