DRDO Multical Rifle Unveiled

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
one good thing is that it it has 30 round magazine rather than the 22 round magazine found on insas.

Blood+

Country flag

No fun without posting picture ..

===================

Indeed that would be a good innovation, But again is this put in requirement ?, I hope they do so ..
I just hope the same,that they had put the requirement of short stroke piston in the GSQR.I would say the army top brass should visit DFI some times,lol.

About the pictures,thanks for posting them,I thought everyone here would be familiar with that.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Really good development , but will Army or our para forces will go for it ?? or just be happy buying expensive foreign stuff :confused:
A bit of a silly remark really. The SFs will naturally have a different set of criteria than the general grunts. Around the world SFs use different rifles to their coutnerparts in the general infantry- why should India be any different?

Jagdish58

A bit of a silly remark really. The SFs will naturally have a different set of criteria than the general grunts. Around the world SFs use different rifles to their coutnerparts in the general infantry- why should India be any different?
Did i Say Army or Special force or Para force should not buy any foreign Rifle?? if you are impatient enough and thrive on personal attack you are silly not me mind your words

all my concern is will they induct these , so that in some way or the other we can save on Forex & foriegn dependance :thumb:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its true, The on going multi-cal rifle tender is a scam & Indian media never mention ARDE multi-cal in the competition nor Army verified it ..

All we getting from Paid Media is etc lobby trying to impress readers ..

ghost

It seems {i may be wrong} that the magazine used in mciws is not real but just plastic demo.Coz it does not have metal base which is usually in polymer mag of india as pointed by the red line .In case of insas in the left it is present but absent in mciws.

mikhail

Country flag
sir,is the picture taken from the DEFEXPO 2014?so the rumour is turning to be true and the MCIWS is now a reality:cool2:!!btw what's the status of our MSMC?are they showing any new variant of MSMC there?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
sir,is the picture taken from the DEFEXPO 2014?so the rumour is turning to be true and the MCIWS is now a reality:cool2:!!btw what's the status of our MSMC?are they showing any new variant of MSMC there?
they were saying MSMC now called Joint venture carbine or something (JVCM or something) because it is joint venture of OFB and DRDO. For Close quarter combat.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

It seems {i may be wrong} that the magazine used in mciws is not real but just plastic demo.Coz it does not have metal base which is usually in polymer mag of india as pointed by the red line .In case of insas in the left it is present but absent in mciws.
because it is not final product as it is under development.

The Fox

The barrel of this gun is of INSAS and not new, the only thing that worries me about the barrel is that when you compare INSAS and the current MCIWS and the other gun barrels around the world is that the smooth surface finish and much thicker/heavier barrel and if you see our Gun Barrel here it has lots of clamps to strengthen it my question is why can't they have a proper smooth exterior for the barrel and @Kunal Biswas once said that if you put the INSAS in full auto and fire 30 round the barrel gets heated up is that defect still exist in the later variants as well if that is the case then it is passed on to the new gun as well or will a gun with a heavier barrel will it be capable of firing more rounds in full auto mode

Can someone enlighten me about it

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
The barrel of this gun is of INSAS and not new, the only thing that worries me about the barrel is that when you compare INSAS and the current MCIWS and the other gun barrels around the world is that the smooth surface finish and much thicker/heavier barrel and if you see our Gun Barrel here it has lots of clamps to strengthen it my question is why can't they have a proper smooth exterior for the barrel and @Kunal Biswas once said that if you put the INSAS in full auto and fire 30 round the barrel gets heated up is that defect still exist in the later variants as well if that is the case then it is passed on to the new gun as well or will a gun with a heavier barrel will it be capable of firing more rounds in full auto mode

Can someone enlighten me about it
INSAS is semi automatic, if you want to machine gun, go for INSAS LMG it empty magazine quickly and without much recoil.

weapons are made as per GSQR, INSAS is made to fire 3 bust mode or single fire, therefore barrel has been made like that, if you want full auto barrel then weight penalty and other issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Fox

When it comes to Room Clearing and Close Quarter combat you definitely need Full auto rite so you are saying that this cannot be used in CQB or if it is used in it then there is a distinct disadvantage in it
INSAS is semi automatic, if you want to machine gun, go for INSAS LMG it empty magazine quickly and without much recoil.

weapons are made as per GSQR, INSAS is made to fire 3 bust mode or single fire, therefore barrel has been made like that, if you want full auto barrel then weight penalty and other issues.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
When it comes to Room Clearing and Close Quarter combat you definitely need Full auto rite so you are saying that this cannot be used in CQB or if it is used in it then there is a distinct disadvantage in it
MSMC is for that, now called Milap or JV carbine.

BTW for close combat and room clearing you need corner shot type of weapon system on rifle or carbine.

jmj_overlord

the rifle seems to be the perfect replacement for insas instead of imports, if the performances of the rifle are seen satisfactory..........but will the army boys reject this like the previous drdo projects ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles