Does India Have the Strongest Navy in Asia (excluding Russia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul M

China, Japan, India I think. The Chinese win it because of the quantity subs they have.
the problem with this type of thread is it ignores a vital question, to do what ? the capability of IN would be vastly different if it is, say defending India against foreign aggression to if it is asked to attack PLAN in south china sea.
also, the navies fight in conjunction with other arms, JMSDF for example is strongly supported by JASDF.

so let us take a couple of simplifying hypothetical assumptions, the navies are defending their respective homeland and the other arms are not involved. also, no foreign military is involved either for or against the warring countries.

let's grade the navies on the following parameters (out of 10)
numbers, anti-air, ASW, ASuW, modernity of fleet and training

Code:
		PLAN	IN	JMSDF

numbers		8/10	6/10	7/10

Anti-air	6/10	6/10	8/10

ASW 		5/10	7/10	8/10

ASuW		7/10	8/10	6/10

Modernity
of fleet (5) 	(3+3)	(3+4)	(4+4)
& training (5)

TOTAL		32/50	34/50	37/50
basically, even in a highly restrictive analysis, there is not much to choose between the 3. if we analyze this from an attacking instead of defensive mindset japan would lose out because JMSDF is deliberately defensive (they leave out land attack missiles for example)
PLAN would have the best capability to harass shipping in their neighbourhood but won't be able to control the area (somewhat like kriegsmarine in WW2). IN has the best power projection capability of the 3 but even that is at best limited compared to other major powers. the further away one goes from the shores the lower the influence of the land based aircraft. this hurts all 3 but the 2 without carrier are hurt most.

p.s. I can explain the scores if someone wants.

aramsogo

I guess the concept of geography and terrain escapes you??

Yes, China loss in 1962. Now go convince your fellow Indians.

Greatest army in the world?? Even you don't really believe that. How Sad??

Bye, I'm done playing with your mind for today.
You idiot, they are connected even otherwise. lol! You basically lost 1962 war in terms of your objectives even after bringing 80,000 soldiers against 10,000 Indians. now turning aksai chin to strategic isnt going save your sorry ass. The idea Tibet lives on. Like I said thank your lucky stars one of the greatest armies of the second world war was led by the greatest set of pacifist ( they invented the pacifist movement) in the world

Country flag
Code:
		PLAN	IN	JMSDF

numbers		8/10	6/10	7/10

Anti-air	6/10	6/10	8/10

ASW 		5/10	7/10	8/10

ASuW		7/10	8/10	6/10

Modernity
of fleet (5) 	(3+3)	(3+4)	(4+4)
& training (5)

TOTAL		32/50	34/50	37/50
Two points where I think India is being scored to low is ASW -especially with more P8-I's arriving and corvettes being built and Modernity of the fleet. India is upgrading aggressively on the naval side and doing Joint exercises .With the development of Barak anti -air will also possibly change soon? Much of the low scores could possibly be from not diversifying earlier from Russian platforms.

Rahul M

boss, remember this in comparison to the other navies. JMSDF scores heavily in ASW because of its massive fleet of orions. the P-8's are not there yet so I can't consider them. IN gets a decent score in spite of low number of ASW aircraft because of IN's policy since late 80's to equip every warship above 4000 tonnes with twin helo's. while all the forces have some area they excel in, IN is the most well rounded of the 3. which means it will be easy to expand in any of the fields.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Have you ever been outside India?? Tatas are not well known at all.
Everyone in America and the world has heard of Boeing. No one has heard of Mittal. It makes commodities, so nobody cares about name brand commodities. It's an oxymoron.
Actually I AM outside the US and Lots of people know about TATA. And Mahindra. And Infosys. Not many Indian companies, but a few.

Adux

Country flag
I guess the concept of geography and terrain escapes you??

Yes, China loss in 1962. Now go convince your fellow Indians.

Greatest army in the world?? Even you don't really believe that. How Sad??

Bye, I'm done playing with your mind for today.
Bye Chicom, Playing with my mind ;) You need to be reborn for that.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Mods - please close this thread - it is now a pointless pissing match between two sets of ultra-patriots who are Nuking each other! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles