Do you use Swadeshi products ?

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
DFI-ites,

Open question to all:

Can I give Amway's Nutralite Bio-C to my 3 years child ? Is it safe & effective ?

Apart from that, what all vitamin/mineral supplements can be given to a child who is not very fond of fruits/vegetables. I assume supplements should help to an extent.

Killzone

DFI-ites,

Open question to all:

Can I give Amway's Nutralite Bio-C to my 3 years child ? Is it safe & effective ?

Apart from that, what all vitamin/mineral supplements can be given to a child who is not very fond of fruits/vegetables. I assume supplements should help to an extent.
What does it have ?
Vitamins ADEK are fat soluble and hence can accumulate in Liver causing toxicity in high doses.Especially in children.
Rest of the vitamins are water soluble and any excess will be excreted in urine.

If you compare RDA of vitamins on wiki with the doses in Amway capsules you will realize they put in more vitamins than the RDA just to make their tablets look better to uninformed people.They know excess vitamins will be washed off in urine.
If you take these tablets regularly your urine can be used to treat vitamin deficiency in sick people :D

I recommend not taking Amway products to everybody because they are over priced filth which only sells because of marketing blitz.
You can get more bang for your buck buying Indian.Its the same molecule ffs.
But people still run after firangi maal...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Oh sure I do.

Triphala, Amla, Grithakumari (aloe Vera), Chavanprash and the Indian spices.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
What does it have ?
Vitamins ADEK are fat soluble and hence can accumulate in Liver causing toxicity in high doses.Especially in children.
Rest of the vitamins are water soluble and any excess will be excreted in urine.

If you compare RDA of vitamins on wiki with the doses in Amway capsules you will realize they put in more vitamins than the RDA just to make their tablets look better to uninformed people.They know excess vitamins will be washed off in urine.
If you take these tablets regularly your urine can be used to treat vitamin deficiency in sick people :D

I recommend not taking Amway products to everybody because they are over priced filth which only sells because of marketing blitz.
You can get more bang for your buck buying Indian.Its the same molecule ffs.
But people still run after firangi maal...
Which one do you recommend ?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
DFI-ites,

Open question to all:

Ask your doctor. He would be better equipped to answer.

If your child does not want to eat vegetables or fruits, then camouflage it in what he likes by making a mash of the veg or fruit and then cook it with what he likes.

See the Food Food Mummy ka Magic and other programmes.

There can be no better a way to infuse vitamins and minerals than natural food.

However, take care. Wash it over and over again to minimise the pesticides and growth supplements that are administered for quick growth.

Also wash veg and fruits not peeled. If you wash after peeled, you will wash away the nutrients too.

Remember the peel actually has all the nutrient and minerals. Try eating them with the 'cover' or peel wherever feasible.

Do not deep fry. Ideal is to blanch and then sauté.

Steaming is another great way to ensure the goodness of all nutrients, minerals and vitamins.

No matter how 'healthy' you eat, exercise is a must.

Last edited:

Killzone

Which one do you recommend ?
For you or the kid ?
I recommend not to give any multi vits to kids below age of 18.
1 glass of milk with Bournevita or Horliks twice daily ought to suffice for them.

For adults, take your pick out of Revital(best IMO), Supradyn et al depending on your pocket.
Viteolin 400 is an excellent adjuvant to the above.

Just give a gap of one week after every 1-2 months of regular use.

Last edited:

praneet.bajpaie

What do you mean by American Company ?

Colgate has sales of say 1000 Crores, it makes 100 Crores in Profit. Do you think they give back 100 Crores to their parent company in USA ?
Repatriation of 100% profits from India by an MNC is not allowed so they don't. That doesn't make these companies not Foreign. There is a concept of Foreign companies in the Companies Act.
Colgate is an American company. Lux is part of HUL which in turn is a part of Unilever.

praneet.bajpaie

What do you mean by American Company ?

Colgate has sales of say 1000 Crores, it makes 100 Crores in Profit. Do you think they give back 100 Crores to their parent company in USA ?
They can't as per Indian laws, but that does not mean they don't or can't apply Indian Accounting Standard 27 (Accounting Standard 21) - Consolidated Financial Statements, whereby the revenue and profits that they earn in India is added to their standalone Financial Results whereby the Consolidated Financial Results of the American Company are prepared.

praneet.bajpaie

I meant generally literate people do not take it :tape: though they eat Paan occasionally like me. actually my Mom can't see Pan Parag with me. :D
Marwaris here in Kolkata consume this like food. What are you talking about? Rajnigandha and Tulsi.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I drive a TATA Indigo Manza (top variant). It was quite cutting-edge when it launched, and it has cubic-parsecs of cabin-space. With an Italian JTD 1.2 VGT diesel engine, it's not entirely swadeshi, though. That's kind of the thing about swadeshi. With globalization, you can only go so far as holding a swadeshi brand, you end up having to add some component or the other from a foreign brand. Keval Kiran may sell damn good (subjective) swadeshi jeans, but even they end up adding a pinch of Lycra.

Among the other swadeshi things I have/buy are Blue Star ACs, Jade Blue, Sher Singh (when it was new/big), and among FMCGs Amul, ITC-Sunfeast, and other Indian brands. I minimize Unilever, Henkel, and P&G products whenever there are Indian alternatives of good enough standard. I chose Reliance BigTV HD over TataSky (partly Brit) and Airtel (partly Singaporean). I use BSNL Cellone for mobile. I mostly fly AI and Spicejet (Jet is Isle of Man, 6E is partly American). I bank SBI and am covered by SBILife.

Basically if an Indian brand is 3/4th the quality/standard of a foreign one, I'm compelled to use it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles