Discussion About Indian Football

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
Result was not my priority today: Igor Stimac

Igor Stimac also shared his views on what his priority was in today’s game. He said that the result was not his priority, but answers to some questions were.

“The result was not my priority today. There were some questions which were haunting me for some time. And as you already know, when we’re not having any more games prior to the game against Australia, I have all my answers and due to this huge remount of this game, I have a clearer picture and clarity of what needs to be done and who are the players who can go there,” he said.

Stimac mentioned that the national team will not get enough time for the 2024 AFC Asian Cup preparations and therefore he is giving more importance to the FIFA World Cup qualifiers than the continental showdown.

“Knowing that we’re not gonna get enough time for the Asian Cup, I don’t consider the Asian Cup such an important element for us. And I don’t want my players to get injured.”

He also added that he will make sure that his side gets enough points to qualify for the next round of the World Cup qualifiers because it will be very beneficial for Indian football.

“I need to make sure that we get enough points in our group for the World Cup qualifiers. So we make sure that we have another five to six home games in the third round here. And that will be a huge benefit for Indian football for the future. I was very clear that if you’ll give me time, I might show results, but without the time, don’t ask about results. I will go there with pride to represent India with our boys, but 12-13 days are nothing to prepare for the Asian Cup,” he quipped.

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Result was not my priority today: Igor Stimac

Igor Stimac also shared his views on what his priority was in today’s game. He said that the result was not his priority, but answers to some questions were.

“The result was not my priority today. There were some questions which were haunting me for some time. And as you already know, when we’re not having any more games prior to the game against Australia, I have all my answers and due to this huge remount of this game, I have a clearer picture and clarity of what needs to be done and who are the players who can go there,” he said.

Stimac mentioned that the national team will not get enough time for the 2024 AFC Asian Cup preparations and therefore he is giving more importance to the FIFA World Cup qualifiers than the continental showdown.

“Knowing that we’re not gonna get enough time for the Asian Cup, I don’t consider the Asian Cup such an important element for us. And I don’t want my players to get injured.”

He also added that he will make sure that his side gets enough points to qualify for the next round of the World Cup qualifiers because it will be very beneficial for Indian football.

“I need to make sure that we get enough points in our group for the World Cup qualifiers. So we make sure that we have another five to six home games in the third round here. And that will be a huge benefit for Indian football for the future. I was very clear that if you’ll give me time, I might show results, but without the time, don’t ask about results. I will go there with pride to represent India with our boys, but 12-13 days are nothing to prepare for the Asian Cup,” he quipped.
Lord Stimac is spewing BS; he was terrible when he was managing Croatia and is universally hated out there for his antics so no surprising. He is also a terrible strategist - how on earth does one experiment in a fucking WC qualifier? Even the way he was appointed looked pretty suspicious back then. I remember interacting with some Croatian fans who expressed surprise after knowing we actually beat Middle Eastern teams despite him being at the helm of things; the current set of players is really that good!

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
Luis Garcia urges Indian players to compete against 'different styles of football'

SKC

Country flag
Luis Garcia urges Indian players to compete against 'different styles of football'

Until we start focusing on playing bigger player than the Poor ranked Asean nations, we ain't gonna get any good

We have idiots proclaiming Bhutia and Chhetri as god and comparing them to World's best!

Blademaster

Yes in 2110!
We should only host the World Cup when we establish a true real soccer league that is on the same level as the IPL and we build our own soccer stadiums that are world class and have domes with excellent AC to protect the players and the crowds from the heat, sun, and rain. And we need 24 of them, each stadium owned by a city soccer sports team.

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
We should only host the World Cup when we establish a true real soccer league that is on the same level as the IPL and we build our own soccer stadiums that are world class and have domes with excellent AC to protect the players and the crowds from the heat, sun, and rain. And we need 24 of them, each stadium owned by a city soccer sports team.
Then how come poor african countries like Cameroon, Ghana and Senegal were able to qualify for 2022 FIFA World Cup?

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Then how come poor african countries like Cameroon, Ghana and Senegal were able to qualify for 2022 FIFA World Cup?
A lot of top European sides have excellent scouting network spread across the length and bredth of Africa to pick up upcoming talents - who would then be groomed by European clubs. Eventually, a handful of them would indeed make it big and end up representing their country of birth. Not to forget pretty much every African nation imports players en masse (majority of the players representing Morocco and Senegal in the 2022 World Cup were born outside).

Reactions: SKC

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Our 'soccer' stadia hosted two FIFA events in the not so distant past; they are already world class. Our NT has been doing okayish for some time now; although nowhere close being a world beater or an Asian giant - yet. Our Fed is also developing a 4 tiered league system with promotions and relegations on offer; with a growing economy we shd be able to eventually figure it all out.

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
AIFF to approach 24 Indian origin players for India selection: Kalyan Chaubey

“We are looking to approach 24 PIO players who are playing across the world. But you know there is the issue of dual citizenship (not being permitted to play for India). So, we have to see how this can be done within the framework of Central Government’s rules,” Chaubey told PTI in an interview, without revealing the names of the players.
Chaubey said India needs to play matches against higher-ranked countries but the gap (in FIFA rankings) should not be very large.

“The realistic approach would be to play against countries ranked from 76 to 100, that would enhance the confidence of our team. Once we are in the top 75-80 we should look to play European sides” he said.

India is currently ranked 102 in FIFA charts.

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
AFC Asian Cup: We are rank outsiders in our group, says national football team coach Igor Stimac

The angst in national football team coach Igor Stimac's voice could not be missed when he said rest of the teams were already in Dubai for the past three weeks acclimatising to the conditions in the Gulf.

Stimac was reacting when at least two mediapersons said India were the first team to arrive in Doha for the AFC Asian Cup. The Croat had asked for at least four weeks of preparatory camp before the Asian Cup but instead got even less than 14 days.

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
AFC Asian Cup: India football full schedule, match timings, live streaming

AFC Asian Cup match timings, live telecast and streaming details

When will the AFC Asian Cup begin in Qatar?
AFC Asian Cup will begin on January 12 in Qatar

When will India's matches be played in the AFC Asian Cup?
The Indian football team will play their matches on January 13, 18 and 23.

What are the timings of India's matches in the AFC Asian Cup?
India's two matches in the group stage of the AFC Asian Cup will begin at 5 PM IST, while one match starts at 11 PM IST.

Which TV channels will live telecast AFC Asian Cup matches in India?
Sports 18 will live telecast AFC Asian Cup matches in India.

How to watch the live streaming of AFC Asian Cup matches in India?
Jio Cinemas will live stream AFC Asian Cup matches in India.

Reactions: SKC

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles