DFI Wishlist

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

ThE BrOkEn HeArT

Country flag
Hi,
Im not a permanent visiter here but i want to. I was waiting to improve design and quality of DFI. But im disappointed. Nothing is changed.
So dear members, plz suggest to our DFI administrators to improve the design and quality of this beloved defense forum.
I have a suggestion.
The front page is little improved but not much.
When you open any thread, its like mixers or "khichdi" of comments. Why can't you draw a line to differentiate in the main post and reply?
uffff... Now im not able to attach a file. I made a graph but not able to attach it with OP.
@Yusuf @Indx TechStyle

LurkerBaba

Country flag
Stacking of titles has been disabled because of how the new upgrade works. There won't be much issues apart from a few edge cases when a member has two special privileges. Example: A Defence Professional who is also a Moderator will only have one title - in this case only "Defence Professional"

LurkerBaba

Country flag
I've made "Latest Replies" widget to autorefresh. It's a trial, not sure if it's 100% effective. We can keep it if members like it and server load is low

Last edited:

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Can you add how many new replies in latest replies section of the thread ?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Just Noticed the New Tejas banner, another step towards defense indigenization.

Baba can u chant some mantra and bring New Post button to some kind of Quick Access Panel. I think that was the most spammed button on the previous version.

In this version New post is two clicks away.

Edit: this problem is only for phone version.

LurkerBaba

Country flag
Just Noticed the New Tejas banner, another step towards defense indigenization.

Baba can u chant some mantra and bring New Post button to some kind of Quick Access Panel. I think that was the most spammed button on the previous version.

In this version New post is two clicks away.

Edit: this problem is only for phone version.
Didn't get you.

New post or new thread button ? Can you post screenshots ?
Do you mean "New Posts" ?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Didn't get you.

New post or new thread button ? Can you post screenshots ?
Do you mean "New Posts" ?
Yes that button can u put it somewhere which is quick to access. Currently we have to go to Menu button then Click on forum and then new posts.

LurkerBaba

Country flag
Yes that button can u put it somewhere which is quick to access. Currently we have to go to Menu button then Click on forum and then new posts.
It's there in the header in mobile view. "New Posts" is simply the lightning icon between the notifications bell icon and search

Screenshot 2020-04-27 at 23.01.58.png

LurkerBaba

Country flag
Folks, we're now in a steady state as far as tweaks are concerned. Lmk if you have any suggestions for bigger changes.

Meanwhile, I'll see if stacking can be implemented in an elegant way.
Stacking of titles has been disabled because of how the new upgrade works. There won't be much issues apart from a few edge cases when a member has two special privileges. Example: A Defence Professional who is also a Moderator will only have one title - in this case only "Defence Professional"

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
@LurkerBaba When using as a guest, I'm not able to see or access attached files. Shouldn't that be made public? Forum is full of attached pictures.

LurkerBaba

Country flag
Earlier they were shown alongside each post for the member. Now we need to hover the mouse pointer over the member userid to see his/her number of posts/likes received etc info. Having them displayed alongside username was better since all info was avaiable at a glance.
Added "Likes" to inline user profile

@LurkerBaba When using as a guest, I'm not able to see or access attached files. Shouldn't that be made public? Forum is full of attached pictures.
There should be some incentives for users to sign up ? ;)

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
As of today latest replies,new threads sections disappeared for mobile users.

Only related threads showing up on the bottom

Kindly reintroduce those sections as tracking a thread through notification and lightning button is bit hectic
Regards

LurkerBaba

Country flag
As of today,latest replies,new threads section disappeared for mobile users.

Only related threads showing up on the bottom

Kindly reintroduce those sections as tracking a thread through notification and lightning button is bit hectic
Regards
It's there on the main forum page and forum list page. But removed from individual threads. Reason: it's messing with our indexing

Articles