DFI - AV/Hi-Fi & Allied Gear Discussion Thread

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Curious though,how much it costs built such set up?
Bruh around 1.2 lakh Crown XTi 2 Series 4002 Portable PA Power Amplifier, 1600 Watts costs 54K in india.
Sundown will cost a bomb too.
Instead of that one can go with 2 pioneer ts w3003d4 1000 rms each. 14-15K for a single sub.
:biggrin2:
Rest of the money will go for vocal and other sheet.

Haldiram

Country flag
Mujhe bhi loudness chahiye bro but with clarity :biggrin2:. Yamaha ke kuch systems showroom me sun ke aaya hun but bass ki kami evident thi. Bataya na ki ek Khujal/kasak abhi bhi hai:biggrin2:. But overall Yamaha ka AVR hi sahi tha clarity aur quality me lekin mehanga tha isliye postpone kar diya. Ekadh saal baad AVR hi le lunga:hmm: kya bolte ho ?
The Yamaha system I mentioned above has a dedicated port to add a Yamaha woofer. That will take care of the bass.

The woofer can be bought separately.

...or you can get the Yamaha YAS 207 which comes with the woofer. This one is a bluetooth woofer which can be placed behind the sofa right next to the viewer. The whole package is 27k which is good value (compared to their 5.1 channel system that costs 1L).

https://www.amazon.in/YAMAHA-YAS-207-Wireless-Subwoofer-Virtual/dp/B073YC5PVB/

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Purchased F&D F6000X for my PC, I wanted cheap solution for some gaming and youtube needs. For music I still prefer my stereo amp and boxes I designed. :)

A chauhan

Country flag
Can i see them. :drool:
Yeah, I'll take pics in day time and post tomorrow mate :)

Btw it has Optical input while my pc motherboard also has spdif, but it lacks back panel for the same so I connected my old mouse's led in series with 100 ohm resistor, and directly attached to the SPDIF Out connector of my motherboard and feeded it to the input of f6000x. It worked like charm :), I used this site and a youtube video.

http://www.hardwarebook.info/S/PDIF_optical

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Got this box for my 12 Inch subwoofer.
It was in very pathetic condition it was laying uselessly in my friend's house and tabh me us s udhar mang k le aya :biggrin2: ( or phir kabhi wapis nhi diya) .
Phir ghar m carpenter ka kam chl rha tha to 700rs m pura wooden finishing and MDF wgyra ka kam hogya and now bass is totally tight can hit till 35hertz. and this shit is heavy like super heavy without sub too. And it's hidden below my gaming desk.

And yeah that grill tape k sath gandi lagti h but mujhe darr lagta h ki mera doggy subwoofer ko kha na jaye :hmm:
(kuch bharosa nhi h uska)

Attachments

Last edited:

A chauhan

Country flag
Got this box for my 12 Inch subwoofer.
It was in very pathetic condition it was laying uselessly in my friend's house and tabh me us s udhar mang k le aya :biggrin2: ( or phir kabhi wapis nhi diya) .
Phir ghar m carpenter ka kam chl rha tha to 700rs m pura wooden finishing and MDF wgyra ka kam hogya and now bass is totally tight can hit till 35hertz. and this shit is heavy like super heavy without sub too. And it's hidden below my gaming desk.

And yeah that grill tape k sath gandi lagti h but mujhe darr lagta h ki mera doggy subwoofer ko kha na jaye :hmm:
(kuch bharosa nhi h uska)
Achaa mdf lag raha hai, decent hai. Dost ko lautana bhi mat :biggrin2:

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Btw guy's I'm Using (stereo one is fine) one PA amplifier tho they are fairly attractive for their high RMS power but they lack the mids and High are too high because in PA amplifier need to be loud for DJs and other stuff for home use they will sound harsh and fan which is provided in their was a little loud coz it's a desi amplifier.

Anyways for me it's value for money because other brands like Yamaha Cambridge audio are very expensive. And basic plus point for me is I'm using A subwoofer which means i don't encounter harsh high and mediocre mids. I just feel the bass which is good.
I'm thinking to add low pass filter in amplifier which cost around 300 rs and after that amp will produce only low frequency.

Overall quality of Sony GN-100D is dope it's speakers sounds nice till date and 2 subs are good too.
3 subs in a small room create a havoc :biggrin2:
2 subs of GN-100D +12 inch sub.
So IMO PA amplifier are only good for lows even the high end one's of crown and other brands.

Last edited:

A chauhan

Country flag
Btw guy's I'm Using (stereo one is fine) one PA amplifier tho they are fairly attractive for their high RMS power but they lack the mids and High are too high because in PA amplifier need to be loud for DJs and other stuff for home use they will sound harsh and fan which is provided in their was a little loud coz it's a desi amplifier.

Anyways for me it's value for money because other brands like Yamaha Cambridge audio are very expensive. And basic plus point for me is I'm using A subwoofer which means i don't encounter harsh high and mediocre mids. I just feel the bass which is good.
I'm thinking to add low pass filter in amplifier which cost around 300 rs and after that amp will produce only low frequency.

Overall quality of Sony GN-100D is dope it's speakers sounds nice till date and 2 subs are good too.

So IMO PA amplifier are only good for lows even the high end one's of crown and other brands.
You can use a separate amp to drive mid and tweeter, and that doesn't need to be high powered one, that means you won't need to spend much. I am pretty sure that a home starts to shake@60-70 Watts of audio power, so you won't need more than 30+30 watt stereo amp to drive your mids and tweeters. That's is called bi-amping. You can easily get circuits for the same online if you want some diy. You can also use active crossover for the same, and if you want you can use 3 identical Bass treble kits as active crossover on cheap.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
You can use a separate amp to drive mid and tweeter, and that doesn't need to be high powered one, that means you won't need to spend much. I am pretty sure that a home starts to shake@60-70 Watts of audio power, so you won't need more than 30+30 watt stereo amp to drive your mids and tweeters. That's is called bi-amping. You can easily get circuits for the same online if you want some diy. You can also use active crossover for the same, and if you want you can use 3 identical Bass treble kits as active crossover on cheap.
Whole Sony GN-100D is already powered by separate Amplifier it's and that amplifier is a stereo one sounds pretty nice mids are good Highs are good it's capable of pushing 110 Watts and the second amplifier which is a separate one is of PA 110 Watts too it's only powering My 12 inch subwoofer ( and that sheet fucks my whole house).

I must say the vocal speakers of GN-100D are superb.

So this concludes to My HI-FI system is having 2 speakers for vocal and 3 subwoofer. Vocal is solid enough for Room of my size.

Attachments

Last edited:

A chauhan

Country flag
Whole Sony GN-100D is already powered by separate Amplifier it's and that amplifier is a stereo one sounds pretty nice mids are good Highs are good it's capable of pushing 110 Watts and the second amplifier which is a separate one is of PA 110 Watts too it's only powering My 12 inch subwoofer ( and that sheet fucks my whole house).

I must say the vocal speakers of GN-100D are superb.

So this concludes to My HI-FI system is having 2 speakers for vocal and 3 subwoofer. Vocal is solid enough for Room of my size.
Great, you are already doing bi-amping :)

Haldiram

Country flag
Great, you are already doing bi-amping :)
Aise toh iski arranged marriage hone se rahi!

Ladki wale neighbors ke paas inuiry karne aayenge, tabh baaju wali aunty chugli kar degi. Isko ladki mat do, ye woofer ko double amp karta hai.

Ladki wale be like : kya! double amp! hum toh sirf 5.1 channel wale ko hi ladke denge! Accha hua, aapne bacha liya.

A chauhan

Country flag
Aise toh iski arranged marriage hone se rahi!

Ladki wale neighbors ke paas inuiry karne aayenge, tabh baaju wali aunty chugli kar degi. Isko ladki mat do, ye woofer ko double amp karta hai.

Ladki wale be like : kya! double amp! hum toh sirf 5.1 channel wale ko hi ladke denge! Accha hua, aapne bacha liya.
:laugh: Hao, Padosi bolenge Ladka bahut jor jor se bajata hai thoda soch samjh kar ladki dena:rofl:

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
It shakes my room, more than sufficient bass, but my 10" woofers are better.
Yeah i have listened to F&D they are very good and i think they have the best quality in their price range.
Enjoy it buddy. :)

Last edited:

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
New DIY project this was the amplifier which i purchased for my car but my car was taken over by my sister :yawn:
So she kicked all the bass tube and all out. For 2 years this amplifier was in car with no input now i have taken it out and my friend is returning me my pioneer subwoofer dual coil 12 inches. I will use this amplifier in bridge mode 2ohms. Which will give sufficient power i guess.

Now I'm thinking to power that subwoofer through this amplifier using computers Power supply which can provide the amplifier 12 Volt current. I'm using 400 watt gigabyte power supply and I'm going to update my PC with 550 watt power because GPU update.
Total update will cost zero rupees for me. But I'm thinking for cheap sound proofing jugaad for the room.
Only thing left is approval from mom :biggrin2:

What do you guy's think? I'm just scared that it just doesn't create a short circuit or fire.

IMG_20200313_182504.jpg

Last edited:

A chauhan

Country flag
It's from an Indian brand "Universal" 120 watts. It's a very old one but quite a good one.:)
My above quoted amp went kaput due to ageing, I had purchased it around 1998 in Rs. 3400/- iirc🤔. Though it is repairable but I don't want to repair it, rather I am thinking to buy an LM3886 based stereo amplifier for Mids+Highs. I have heard that modern ICs like LM3886 and TDA7294 are very forgiving ICs which have a very good studio grade high fidelity sound output.

My old amp was good for bass but the transistors it used were of old model, and they didn't have high speed switching so they didn't perform well for mids and highs.

Guys, there is a seller in Kolkata named NG Electronics, they also have a Youtube channel. I am planning to purchase the amplifier from them.

It'll cost around Rs. 5500/- with 24-0-24 Volts 5 amp power supply with a good quality Bluetooth kit and Bass/treble kit.

Do you have any suggestion ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles