Defexpo 2020

Akula

Country flag
Has anyone clicked pictures of Kalyani group jet engines?

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
Photos of various sub-machine guns, assault rifles, and sniper rifles from Kalashnikov's stand. Notably, most of them are equipped with American-made EOTech sights.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Arjun MK1A and DNS for MK1
this is the watered down version of a much higher-definition original image, right?

Do you think you can crop on that one & harvest the smaller photos on the sides?

IndianHawk

Country flag
People who are dreaming about TEDBF are in for a rude awakening . I won't disclose further . just keep watching the progress on TEDBF in next few years you will get the direction of wind .
You should disclose what you know cause wind is flowing towards tedbf.
Here are facts up until now.
1. It's navy which asked for tedbf Ada wanted nlca MK2 to move forward . Navy pushed for twin engine. Now only path for twin engine is either tedbf or import.
2. There is no money for 65k ton carrier which navy wants for now. As cds rawat said navy can either have 65k carrier now or 6ssn.
That means carrier will come much later probably after 2035. That leaves ample time for tedbf to be ready.
3. 57 navy import jets will cost 10-12 billion USD which is enough fund for tedfb to be developed and procured . Much less foreign flow too as other than engine everything will be indigenous.
4. Tedbf will be cross between mwf /amca .
All its internals from radar to sensors ( maws/irst/ spj / ew suite/ rwr/ ldp etc. Will be common with mwf /amca.
Externally twin engine setup will be just as the amca. So basically only airframe has to be changed with modification in control laws which is well within capabilities.

These are the facts here and now. So please provide data to support your point of view.

Maddy_9UY

Country flag
Photos of various sub-machine guns, assault rifles, and sniper rifles from Kalashnikov's stand. Notably, most of them are equipped with American-made EOTech sights.
The guy in the second last and last picture runs the "Kalashnikov" channel on Youtube.

captscooby81

Country flag
I just said as of now TEDBF is just a dream . So lets see where the dream progress forward . Sorry i don't have any data to counter what you are asking . I just said what i heard . I may be proven wrong to, So lets wait for another 2-3 years .

You should disclose what you know cause wind is flowing towards tedbf.
Here are facts up until now.
1. It's navy which asked for tedbf Ada wanted nlca MK2 to move forward . Navy pushed for twin engine. Now only path for twin engine is either tedbf or import.
2. There is no money for 65k ton carrier which navy wants for now. As cds rawat said navy can either have 65k carrier now or 6ssn.
That means carrier will come much later probably after 2035. That leaves ample time for tedbf to be ready.
3. 57 navy import jets will cost 10-12 billion USD which is enough fund for tedfb to be developed and procured . Much less foreign flow too as other than engine everything will be indigenous.
4. Tedbf will be cross between mwf /amca .
All its internals from radar to sensors ( maws/irst/ spj / ew suite/ rwr/ ldp etc. Will be common with mwf /amca.
Externally twin engine setup will be just as the amca. So basically only airframe has to be changed with modification in control laws which is well within capabilities.

These are the facts here and now. So please provide data to support your point of view.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
The best i could do from the original pic i had clicked

View attachment 43063
Good enough... I actually wanted to see the Mine-plough & blowoff panels in action.
I just said as of now TEDBF is just a dream . So lets see where the dream progress forward . Sorry i don't have any data to counter what you are asking . I just said what i heard . I may be proven wrong too, So lets wait for another 2-3 years .
For now, TEDBF is a concept presented in meeting... that was apparently not rejected. Most pro-desi of all forces, Navy itself doesn't seem averse of the idea. But its future is totally uncertain because the 65000t carrier may reduced to another 50kt one due to cash crunch (just a hunch).

So yeah, may or may not happen! Completely 50:50 as of 2020 & to depend on how the wind blows.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I just said as of now TEDBF is just a dream . So lets see where the dream progress forward . Sorry i don't have any data to counter what you are asking . I just said what i heard . I may be proven wrong to, So lets wait for another 2-3 years .
It's ok . We are all speculating here.

What is clear is that navy wants twin engine fighter .now either that's tedbf or pure import( rafale or f18). So it has 50% probability already.

The only third alternative is if govt shoves down nlca2 down navy's throat which seems unlikely.

IndianHawk

Country flag
For now, TEDBF is a concept presented in meeting... that was apparently not rejected. Most pro-desi of all forces, Navy itself doesn't seem averse of the idea.
Eh . Navy is the one who proposed the idea!
It was Ada which was insisting on nlca MK2 but navy wants twin engine only.
Why would navy reject it's own proposal?

captscooby81

Country flag
Exactly Navy wants a Twin engine fighter but they never said they wanted indigenous one in first place .

Also can't rule out the 3rd alternative as of now . We will come to know in next 2 years

Lets wait for further NLCA trails in Next few months on Viki

What is clear is that navy wants twin engine fighter .now either that's tedbf or pure import( rafale or f18). So it has 50% probability already.

The only third alternative is if govt shoves down nlca2 down navy's throat which seems unlikely.

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
Exactly Navy wants a Twin engine fighter but they never said they wanted indigenous one in first place .

Also can't rule out the 3rd alternative you had said as of now . We will come to know in next 2 years

Lets wait for further NLCA trails in Next few months on Viki
Navy does want indigenous jet ! That's why it went to Ada to change nlca to tedbf. That's how tedbf came into being.

If navy didn't wanted indigenous plane then it could have simply told Ada to drop nlca and close shop.

Anyway only time will tell the true story .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Navy does want indigenous jet ! That's why it went to Ada to change nlca to tedbf. That's how tedbf came into being.

If navy didn't wanted indigenous plane then it could have simply told Ada to drop nlca and close shop.

Anyway only time will tell the true story .
And let’s not miss that these stories are coming up at a time when F-18 is preparing for ski jump trials.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ezsasa DEFEXPO-2022 Defence & Strategy 1248
Pandora Questions to be asked during Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 11
sayareakd Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 446
cobra commando Defexpo India 2016 Defence & Strategy 215