Defexpo 2014: Land, Naval & Internal Homeland Security Systems Exhibit

feathers

Tihar Jail
Banned
Re: Defexpo 2014: Land, Naval & Internal Homeland Security Systems Exh

India displays its capabilities at DefExpo India 2014

Delegates watch a demonstration of unmanned ariel vehicle NETRA v2, a collaborative development between DRDO and IdeaForge, during the Defexpo India 2014 in New Delhi on Thursday. (IE Photo: Oinam Anand)

Models of aircrafts on display at Defexpo India 2014 in New Delhi on Thursday. (IE Photo: Oinam Anand)

A body armour on display at the Defexpo India 2014 in New Delhi on Thursday. (IE Photo: Oinam Anand)

A model of Euro fighter Typhoon on display at the Defexpo India 2014 in New Delhi on Thursday. (IE Photo: Oinam Anand)

A delegate tries a Helmet Mounted System for helicopters by Elbit Systems at Defexpo India 2014 in New Delhi on Thursday. (IE Photo: Oinam Anand)

A representative from Beretta holds an ARX 160 assault rifle that is under trials with the Indian Army at Defexpo India 2014 in New Delhi on Thursday. (IE Photo: Oinam Anand)

sydsnyper

Country flag

@sob & @sayareakd - Any stalls or models of the Trichy Assault rifle. I saw a Trichy poster on this thread. I really look forward to any pics of the actual assault rifle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag

Very cool & excellent pics. I wish India had trillions of dollars for its defence budget. DRDO's multi caliber assault rifle is superb. :cool2:

venkat

chindits blog removed !!!1

Twinblade

Country flag

Where's the cocking handle on the gun :O

Edit: Found it. It's that plunger thingy on the back that would have to be pulled back to cock the gun. :thumb:

They put a rifle with wear and tear on display. How classy :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Twinblade

Country flag

MBDA MMP Anti-tank missile.
France is already in talks with the Indian govt for the MMP-which it calls a generation ahead anti-tank missile. MMP is a light weight, portable missile with a 4 km range.Fully digitised, has a 2-stage main propulsion system.

The one ordered by the French army will be different from the one on offer to India. MBDA's Mati Hindrekus told Chindits that the Indian programme is more of a joint venture/co-production, where the missile will be made as per the Indian requirements.

This fully digitised missile is NCW compatible. The MMP will replace the Milan, which is already in use in the Indian Army. It has 3-operating modes : 1. fire and forget, 2. man over the loop, 3. lock-on after launch.

Has a weight of 15 kg, length of 1.3 m, 140 mm diameter, and a range of 4 kms.
Chindits: MBDA's 'MMP' Anti-Tank Missile Debuts

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

chindits blog removed !!!1
Suman Sharma.

Defense Journo.

Find her at Chindits defense Blog.
Thanks, i'll check her out....... i mean, the blog.
Oh man She is Something like Iron Lady

Her small brief

Award winning defence journo Suman Sharma's blog on defence matters.World's 1st woman to do Sukhoi & MiG-35 fighter sorties

Immanuel

Country flag

Where's the cocking handle on the gun :O

Edit: Found it. It's that plunger thingy on the back that would have to be pulled back to cock the gun. :thumb:

:thumb:

Though a protoype, looks very well made & rugged. sense & sensibility in its little features, love the little rails out front, smart thinking, unless there are grave reliability issues with the rifle during trials, assuming it atleast matches the reliability of the Trichy & the INSAS 1B1, I don't see any reason to rely any more on imports for regular rifles.

Kyubi

Country flag

was gurkha a TATA product??

i thought it was by ford-tempo with mercedes engine
no no i did not mean Gurkha is a tata product, i was just asking is the MPV from tata based on Gurkha MPV , did they borrow the chassis of Gurkha and redesigned the body with armour protection...

sydsnyper

Country flag

The 'plunger thingy on the back' is inconvenient because the shooter would have to re-position their grip on the gun to charge and then find their grip again. This would especially be disadvantageous in CQB, fast reaction firefights.

:rolleyes: Typical Indian presentation....
They put a rifle with wear and tear on display. How classy :rolleyes:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles