Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Open question again. :)
Don't have a question right now..

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
I don't know the name from the top of my head, so I'll be needing more clues. Was it used by the Panzerelite ?

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
Bussing-NAG G31 truck??

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Ack ! After all that hardwork. :( :p

Anyways, i think you're correct. Lets wait for BR to confirm.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Bussing-NAG G31 truck??
Correct!

The G31 trucks were manufactured by the German firm Büssing-NAG between 1931 and 1935. About 2,300 were built. They had six wheels, with the rear four wheels being the driving wheels.

SPECIFICATIONS

SdKfz. 61
Machinery One Büssing-NAG G 3920cc 4-cylinder overhead-valve gasoline engine rated at 65hp
Suspension Leaf spring
Length 5.35 m
Width 2.25 m
Height 2.35 m
Weight 1.5 t
Speed 60 km/h
Range 200 km

Take it away RAM

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
Who am I? A former Naval leader in World war, I was missing two fingers on my left hand due to battle injuries suffered as a young officer. Later in life, I was targeted for assassination by fighter planes when the code containing my flight plan was broken.

Attachments

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
Admiral Yamamoto C in C of the Imperial Japanese Navy He was killed when a Betty bomber carrying him was shot down over the pacific ocean by USN interceptors

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
F-14 is right Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
it is!

Isoroku Yamamoto was born Isoroku Takano, but changed his name after being adopted by the Yamamoto family. His father was a former low-class samurai warrior. He entered the Naval Academy and graduated in 1904, and participated against Russia. He was seriously injured during the Battle of Tsushima in 1905; he recovered though left with many scars. Yamamoto was nicknamed "80 sen" by some of his favorite geisha girls because he lost two fingers from the said battle (at the time, a geisha manicure cost 100 sen, or 1 yen). He was American educated (Harvard University, 1919-1921);, and became a junior naval attaché to several nations. In 1924, at age 40, he changed his specialty from gunnery to aviation, recognizing the upcoming trend in naval warfare.

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
Admiral Yamamoto C in C of the Imperial Japanese Navy He was killed when a Betty bomber carrying him was shot down over the pacific ocean by USN interceptors
CORRECT

Isoroku Yamamoto

"¢Born: 4 August 1884
"¢Birthplace: Nagaoka, Japan
"¢Died: 18 April 1943 (shot down by U.S. forces)
"¢Best Known As: Japanese admiral who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor

Name at birth: Isoroku Sadayoshi

Isoroku Yamamoto studied at Harvard from 1919 to 1921, and returned to the United States in 1925 on a diplomatic mission. He didn't want to go to war with the United States, but when called upon by his country Yamamoto planned the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor and then led the Japanese navy to its early victories in World War II. When the U.S. decoded a Japanese message in 1943 that included Admiral Yamamoto's itinerary, they ambushed his plane in the south Pacific and killed him. Yamamoto lost two fingers on his left hand during the Battle of Tsushima in 1905

AGAIN YOUR TURN F-14

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Identify this SAM system.
It's a Roland unit based on the German Marder chassis used by the Brazilians till at least the early 2000's, the Chassis had me believing it was a TAM derivative for quite some time.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles