Closure of DFI effective 10th July 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Hello @Yusuf (Super mod). Please do not close this forum. This forum has been a great repository of knowledge on any topic and each and every member here has learnt a lot. It will be very disheartening for us fellow DFI-ians if this forum will be closed.

If nothing can be done, then I wish to confer a few words, words of gratitude for this forum. I need to thank DFI for so many things that I can't even start.
1. I learnt more here about Indian Politics than I could ever learn from my combined years of schooling. I learnt to differentiate the myth from the fact, the right from the wrong and the just from the unjust!
2. This forum has been a great source of knowledge on any topic that the average person won't have access to, so much has been written and posted here that we can't let this forum shutdown, all that valuable information will be lost.
4. Today I won't be like the average liberal who will blindly believe any news peddled by anti-Indian media. I will be able to discern any propaganda against India and refute it with facts.
And the list is so much more.

If this is indeed the end of DFI then I can say that coming across this forum and you guys was the best thing that has happened in my life and I couldn't be anymore grateful, to be on a forum where the cream of the society is present. Thank for your time. And let's try to see if the forum can still remain and we fellow DFI-ians can make this forum last longer.

DFI-ian: I could not be an IITian, nor an NITian but I am proud to be a DFI-ian. Jai Hind.

SKC

Country flag
I used to spend my free time in college Computer lab back in 2009 when the forum got launched.
Registered myself later in 2014. Spent countless days and night reading the stuff here

I am not sure anything else can replace DFI
IDF is run by Pakistani who manages PDF
Few other Indian forums are simply not good enough

:crying::crying:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
It’s not difficult to design a forum like this.

hosting it and managing the server cost is another thing altogether

There are multiple options :
PhPmyBB, vBulletin and Xenforo

DFi is built on Xenforo it seems
Ya'll Nibbiars

Option 1.

Purchase the forum outright by those who can and able to maintain and sustain it in the longer runs.

Option 2.

Make a new site with copying most of the data from here if the owners are unable to sell due to the various reasosn, again will need strong backers.

Option 3.

If none of the above works make a new forum but will have to start from basics again.

Option 4.

We all do nothing and stare at the ends of the DFI.

Last edited:

RDXChauhan

Country flag
S

Servers cost money to run?
How much does Xenforo cost

Extraordinary

@Haldilal do the deed.
Open a forum.
We will show up with money.
It would be nice if the ownership of DFI was transferred.
We would delete some data to cut operation cost.

1000 dollars can be arranged in no time if we all come together

Blood+

Country flag
So this is the end
I thank supermods for preventing Hollywood style ending and giving us time to accept and recover

Anyway where will our members flock any suggestions?
Where can we shift in order to maintain our defence knowledge and be updated

And will this forum be closed for replies and posting or completely disabled bcoz many important and critical posts of knowledgeable members have been bookmarked and saved
Perhaps we can give Stratfront a try. But really, we should try to figure out a way to save DFI first.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Perhaps we can give Stratfront a try. But really, we should try to figure out a way to save DFI first.
Ya'll Nibbiars I cans assure you all we none will survive there for even one day.

Blood+

Country flag
Hello @Yusuf (Super mod). Please do not close this forum. This forum has been a great repository of knowledge on any topic and each and every member here has learnt a lot. It will be very disheartening for us fellow DFI-ians if this forum will be closed.

If nothing can be done, then I wish to confer a few words, words of gratitude for this forum. I need to thank DFI for so many things that I can't even start.
1. I learnt more here about Indian Politics than I could ever learn from my combined years of schooling. I learnt to differentiate the myth from the fact, the right from the wrong and the just from the unjust!
2. This forum has been a great source of knowledge on any topic that the average person won't have access to, so much has been written and posted here that we can't let this forum shutdown, all that valuable information will be lost.
4. Today I won't be like the average liberal who will blindly believe any news peddled by anti-Indian media. I will be able to discern any propaganda against India and refute it with facts.
And the list is so much more.

If this is indeed the end of DFI then I can say that coming across this forum and you guys was the best thing that has happened in my life and I couldn't be anymore grateful, to be on a forum where the cream of the society is present. Thank for your time. And let's try to see if the forum can still remain and we fellow DFI-ians can make this forum last longer.

DFI-ian: I could not be an IITian, nor an NITian but I am proud to be a DFI-ian. Jai Hind.
Amen, brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles