Chinese J10B roll out!

Pintu

Come on now, some product made in China is shoddy, but a minority. Take a look at the innards of your computer..it's all made in China. Has your computer failed in a few days? Has the J-10 failed after a few flights? Has your microwave failed in a few days?

Saying ALL chinese goods are bad is overstretching it.
J-10's performance is and should be judged on its future activity or if possible it's performance against any of the front line fighters available to day in any exercise with its friendly countries, or any conflict ( though that simply don't undesirable) and my dear Koji, most of the computer peripherals we use , or may any electronic consumer goods (MNC Companies) , yes that are China made but made by the other nations in their factory based in China, and performance of the Chinese goods (made by the Chinese companies ) not at all satisfactory, and frankly speaking I will not discuss any further on the quality of Chinese Computers or any consumer electronic products or any Chinese goods made by them as this will simply make the thread off topic.

Returning to the point , I still believe J-10's performance can be evaluated only if they pitted against the world's leading Fighter Aircraft.

Regards

Koji

J-10's performance is and should be judged on its future activity or if possible it's performance against any of the front line fighters available to day in any exercise with its friendly countries, or any conflict ( though that simply don't undesirable) and my dear Koji, most of the computer peripherals we use , or may any electronic consumer goods (MNC Companies) , yes that are China made but made by the other nations in their factory based in China, and performance of the Chinese goods (made by the Chinese companies ) not at all satisfactory, and frankly speaking I will not discuss any further on the quality of Chinese Computers or any consumer electronic products or any Chinese goods made by them as this will simply make the thread off topic.

Returning to the point , I still believe J-10's performance can be evaluated only if they pitted against the world's leading Fighter Aircraft.

Regards
Lenovo (IBM) is a Chinese company

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Come on now, some product made in China is shoddy, but a minority. Take a look at the innards of your computer..it's all made in China. Has your computer failed in a few days? Has the J-10 failed after a few flights? Has your microwave failed in a few days?

Must say your love for China beats me, considering you call yourself Japanese!!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
To understand how the Chinese fighters will perform, there has to a war between them and any if it's adversaries. No one invites them for exercises.

Country flag
To understand how the Chinese fighters will perform, there has to a war between them and any if it's adversaries. No one invites them for exercises.
they already found guinea pigs with the pakistanis.

Pintu

Lenovo (IBM) is a Chinese company

Dear Koji, I am not here discussing the state of any of the Chinese consumer product may which is it be and pathetic state of the Chinese company made products (as per the company you mentioned I am quite familiar with and have to deal with 2 of them regularly and don't want to open my mouth here about their performance) and it is fact that J-10 needs to compete with others in any exercise or any conflict to prove its worth.

Regards

Koji

Russia does.

And I only rebutted the crazy claim that every Chinese electronics fall apart in days. You and I both know that is not true, and if it were true the entire world would fall apart in days as well.

Country flag
Russia does.

And I only rebutted the crazy claim that every Chinese electronics fall apart in days. You and I both know that is not true, and if it were true the entire world would fall apart in days as well.
i don't think Chinese electronics compares to japanese electronics something you would know since you are from japan.

Koji

i don't think Chinese electronics compares to japanese electronics something you would know since you are from japan.
No doubt, but very little is manufactured in Japan now. All of it is under contract with Chinese manufacturers. Regarding the military exercises, China routinely holds exercises with Russia, and India wants to upgrade its status at the SCO from observer to a full participant.

Country flag
Russia has invited India into SCO and china has invited Pakistan others mongolia and iran also have been invited but US has so far been able to block the entry or they are delaying?we have a thread on this somewhere; but this was a first for me a japanese talking about how good chinese electronics are.

Koji

Russia has invited India into SCO and china has invited Pakistan others mongolia and iran also have been invited but US has so far been able to block the entry or they are delaying?we have a thread on this somewhere; but this was a first for me a japanese talking about how good chinese electronics are.
I am NOT saying that are better than the Japanese. Let me get this straight, they are not better than Taiwanese nor South Korean electronics. But you have to admit that every SINGLE product they make is going to break in a few days is simply an outrageous claim.

p2prada

India should start R&D into materials, structures, engines and avionics related to the fifth generation project, dont see the need to fund FGFA though.
We are doing that.

if PLA-AF starts launching offensive strikes deep into India perhaps that could be countered with much cheaper solutions,
LCA and Mig-21 will be our point defence aircraft.

for InAF launching offensive strikes deep into PRC we would need a reason, and i fail to find one, hence i believe the 5th generation program should not be before the threat that requires it.
Deep strikes will cripple their supply lines. Do you expect a hungry and cold PLA soldier to fight in negative temperatures at such high altitudes?

Nonetheless, we will be acquiring the technology well before China does. It gives us a massive air superiority over Pakistan too. Not to mention free access over SE Asia.

How many planes do we need for a defensive posture against Pakistan?
Enough to scare the daylights out of their defence planners.

And is a large scale conflict (in terms of area) possible between India and PRC.
Not now, maybe in the future.

And that is what the force multipliers we are investing in are meant to do, increase the effectiveness of our air forces by giving early warning and command, which sound very useful in a limited war, there will be limited ground support denial, suppression and destruction of air defence, ground attack if no one is in control of the skies.
You underestimate the use of AWACS.

If the defences are to be overpowered by sheer numbers how would a fifth generation plane fare any better than lets say a forth generation plane with good support?
Force multiplier effect. An unseen plane among many enemy planes. A fourth gen plane with support will make warfare more expensive. The support teams need be protected too. Who wants to fight a battle of attrition against China. Kill a lot of them and protect our few.

Well they are doing quite well technologically, it seems better than us, however they are also in the process of developing a forth generation fighter, which shows that the next generation is not going to arrive with in a decade.
The same is true for us too.

I would have agreed if there was a hint of joint development, instead of the current speculation that FGFA will be a customised version of the PAK-FA,
FGFA is a joint development. We will jointly work on avionics, materials and the design itself. The FGFA will be different too. Smaller and more stealthy than the PAKFA.

I do not trust the Russians to pass over the tech without making a huge mess and delaying every plan we might have for using that tech in MCA(and their are plenty of examples).
True. But, by that time, we should be able to design our own avionics and work on our own designs too. We would have atleast 10 years of experience working with the Israelis. We may not even need Israeli help by then.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Russia does.

What is produced in China under supervision and contract is good. But anything else that they produce on their own is not good. They mass produce and sell it cheap. But it doesn't last. The iPod is made there but it's fantastic as apple specifies it's requirements and probably sits on the throats of the Chinese so that the quality is good. But then we get cheap clones of the Ipod as well end they don't last. No seller in India gives any kind of guarantee on it.

So when the Chinese talk about superior electronics for it's aircraft which is home grown, then there is every reason to doubt the claims.

Country flag
there are still existing defense pacts with Russia where they may give us more equipment as needed in any conflict as they have done in all the previous wars and same with Israel to recently, and USA would be a big ???

p2prada

So when the Chinese talk about superior electronics for it's aircraft which is home grown, then there is every reason to doubt the claims.
Not true. The Chinese can come out with some real quality stuff on their own. Quality on their aircraft will be excellent, no doubt. You can instead question the capability which has not been tested.

The Chinese industries have to make equipment under a contract with the PLAAF. This will obviously be done at PLAAF's requirement.

Even if you say the components may be substandard, technology can always be stolen. They can even steal transistor designs and fabrication technology from their large semiconductor industry, if not bought. How would you sue their govt if you steal patented designs?

If you compare their military technology to US, Europe or Israel then it will be below standards. Still good enough with room for improvement considering they can spend a lot.

badguy2000

Respected Member
We believe IAF is technologically superior and it's planes are far ahead than China's. It probably is true. But we shouldn't underestimate them, as they might come up with something - either by copying or by sheer wonder - innovation a system that can be unmatched. The only way to prevent that is to build our infrastructure and technological strength, and not waiting for our rival to come up with stealth and then going for another 10-15 years of R&D.

which aicrcraft of IAF is technologically superior and far ahead than China's?
:blum3:
almighty su30MKI?

PLS figure how many such birds is in the service.... I think that the NO. of SU30MKI is not much more than the NO. of my fingers

Furthermore ,India itself can not produce su30MKI.

when a real war breaks out, india can not get make up for the shotdown birds and its almighty fleet of su30mki will wear out in weeks at most.

badguy2000

Respected Member

debasing china always lets some people feel better and exciting, while it is not important whether such a debasing is truth or not.:blum3:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
which aicrcraft of IAF is technologically superior and far ahead than China's?
:blum3:
almighty su30MKI?

PLS figure how many such birds is in the service.... I think that the NO. of SU30MKI is not much more than the NO. of my fingers

Furthermore ,India itself can not produce su30MKI.

when a real war breaks out, india can not get make up for the shotdown birds and its almighty fleet of su30mki will wear out in weeks at most.
When you don't know something, ask or search on net instead of talking like headless chicken. There are close to 60 Su-30MKIs in the fleet currently. Su-30MKI is currently the most superior A/C in Asia and is second only to F-22 Raptor in its capabilities.

India currently assembles Su-30MKI from semi-knocked down kits and will be license manufacturing all the components within India in the coming years. Don't worry abt. IAF fleet, it has enough A/Cs to stop Chinese onslaught in its steps.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
60. o yeah....soooooo many .....

let us have a cacaulation. 10 can last one weeks .60 should last 6 weeks....

so congratulations!

,the IAF's fleet of su30 mki should last 6 more weeks before it were to wear out ! it is much longer than I thought!
Well, you should stop your unsubstantiated drivel now. You don't know under what battle conditions Su-30MKI will fight Chinese fighters. Will it fight over the Chinese air space or Indian air space. As we don't know what will be the battle conditions during war, I urge you stop this nonsense further.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skywatcher Chinese Lunar Exploration Program China 0
LETHALFORCE Attacks on Chinese in Pakistan Pakistan 10
Satish Sharma Idiotic musing of Chinese communist party. China 2
skywatcher Chinese Commercial Space News China 46

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles