China unfurls its flag on Moon during Chang'e-5 mission, becomes 2nd nation to do so

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Americans are developing the SLS for the crewed lunar missions or martian missions, as far as I know, it's not something new in terms of core technologies.
Its core engines are derived from space shuttles.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Congratulations China. Indian members plz do not post crap. i wish Chinese and it's People good luck. I hope india Chinese relationship improve going into the future.

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Its core engines are derived from space shuttles.
and the biggest disappointment is that the super heavy SLS is the same as the Saturn V, which means it is expendable and is not reusable.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
and the biggest disappointment is that the super heavy SLS is the same as the Saturn V, which means it is expendable and is not reusable.
America technology wise is decade's ahead of you. Even we will be catching up. You are not even close to Russians technology wise. But Chinese are doing great nontheless.

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
America technology wise is decade's ahead of you. Even we will be catching up. You are not even close to Russians technology wise. But Chinese are doing great nontheless.
you're probably not familiar with modern rockets. I can tell you than Chinese do not want an expendable super heavy in the 2030s

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It's out of date. Maybe its engines are still our envy. But we don't want to spend $2 billion for each launch in the 2030s.

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You can say what technologies that Chinese don't have now. If you compare past achievements with modern ones, it's meaningless.

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If you insist China is behind Russians 50 years just because China sent people to space 50 years later. Do you agree India is behind China 20 years in terms of manned space? I think you get my point

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
you're probably not familiar with modern rockets. I can tell you than Chinese does not want a expendable super heavy in the 2030s
I am familiar with everything and i know real source of Chinese mighty indigenous tech like i know for india. and no buddy you are not close but you lot are doing great and may close the gap so congratulations.
It's out of date. Maybe its engines are still our envy. But we don't want to spend $2 billion for each launch in the 2030s.
It's not just engine propulsion....even in metallurgy materials science , miniaturisation, electronic, real genuine inovation etc you are behind even to next door Japan and russia forget Europe or Americans.
Yes that 2 billion is better spend getting know how directly from manufacturer himself ( TOT ) lol.
You can say what technologies that Chinese don't have now. If you compare past achievements with modern ones, it's meaningless.
It's not about what technology you have but can you work on the know how you have and build something better , improve inovate. Chinese have shown none. Only Japanese have in asia so far.
If you insist China is behind Russians 50 years just because China sent people to space 50 years later. Do you agree India is behind China 20 years in terms of manned space? I think you get my point

Sentimental Patriot

Country flag
China is catching up rapidly, I think if one has their ear to the ground they will realise this. Many Indians still live in the past and see China as this sweatshop for cheap and crappy goods when in reality it has moved leaps and bounds beyond such an arrangement. While it is true that China did make use of Russian tech (so did India incidentally, as well as French tech), it seems they are self-sufficient now and have mastered the tech.

It will be interesting to see who puts their nationals on the moon first, China or America.

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
As I said, all the rockets should be reusable in the 2030s or it's out of date. That's why SLS is so controversial that faces many domestic criticisms. because it does not look like a modern rocket. The only advantage is that SLS can get humans back to Moon as soon as possible.

Sentimental Patriot

Country flag
I am familiar with everything and i know real source of Chinese mighty indigenous tech like i know for india. and no buddy you are not close but you lot are doing great and may close the gap so congratulations.

It's not just engine propulsion....even in metallurgy materials science , miniaturisation, electronic, real genuine inovation etc you are behind even to next door Japan and russia forget Europe or Americans.

Yes that 2 billion is better spend getting know how directly from manufacturer himself ( TOT ) lol.

It's not about what technology you have but can you work on the know how you have and build something better , improve inovate. Chinese have shown none. Only Japanese have in asia so far.
Don't underestimate China, it is a silly trope that Chinese copy everything and cannot innovate, things like Nobel Prizes are always "delayed" by a decade of two, so we will have to wait in the future to see if Chinese start winning a lot of them for their innovations which they are making as of now.

Westerners used to say the same stuff about the Japanese, how they were only good for copying and mass production but now Japan is regarded as an equal to the West.

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

the Chinese have no none. lol. So you think automated lunar docking is something Japan can do with their current tech LOL

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Define "better"? Can you tell us what major innovative breakthroughs did Japan achieve in the past decade in terms of space? we all want to learn. Don't tell me that asteroid sample return mission. I already know that.

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Don't underestimate China, it is a silly trope that Chinese copy everything and cannot innovate, things like Nobel Prizes are always "delayed" by a decade of two, so we will have to wait in the future to see if Chinese start winning a lot of them for their innovations which they are making as of now.

Westerners used to say the same stuff about the Japanese, how they were only good for copying and mass production but now Japan is regarded as an equal to the West.
Japan is equal to West only in some very specific areas. I admit that.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Japanese were always innovative. I am not underestimating Chinese. But what they are doing or say building have already been build by others. There are no genuine pathbreaking inovation by them. They are still copy paste or working on already known know how. No geniune new ideas. We are doing the same.

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
China is catching up rapidly, I think if one has their ear to the ground they will realise this. Many Indians still live in the past and see China as this sweatshop for cheap and crappy goods when in reality it has moved leaps and bounds beyond such an arrangement. While it is true that China did make use of Russian tech (so did India incidentally, as well as French tech), it seems they are self-sufficient now and have mastered the tech.

It will be interesting to see who puts their nationals on the moon first, China or America.
When you talk American space, you'd better specify NASA or SpaceX. I personally believe SpaceX can get humans back to Moon much faster than NASA. CNSA is obviously not involved in any politically motivated competition with US. As I said, Chinese crewed lunar missions depends on development of the super heavy launchers.

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Japanese were always innovative. I am not underestimating Chinese. But what they are doing or say building have already been build by others. There are no genuine pathbreaking inovation by them. They are still copy paste or working on already known know how. No geniune new ideas. We are doing the same.
always? since when? if that was true, they don't need to use American tech for their LE-7 cryogenic engines. We're talking about space, Do not digress.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
When you talk American space, you'd better specify NASA or SpaceX. I personally believe SpaceX can get humans back to Moon much faster than NASA. CNSA is obviously not involved in any politically motivated competition with US. As I said, Chinese crewed lunar missions depends on development of the super heavy launchers.
Nasa mandate is wider and much bigger than just sending man to space. Space X like it's charlaton founder is a charlaton compony but they have good engine's and good rocket i give them that. My money and bet will always be on NASA.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles