China Military News & Updates

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
Not to deviate from the topic Vinod, but I would just like to point out that the distrust that many East Asians have towards China might have to do with the fact that we were all at one point vassals of various Chinese dynasties.
I have never read about Japanese being a vassal of China?? please provide a link of when Japan was ruled by China, no Japanese I know have ever made a statement like this. I highly doubt you are japanese.

ShyAngel

Founding Member
I have never read about Japanese being a vassal of China?? please provide a link of when Japan was ruled by China, no Japanese I know have ever made a statement like this. I highly doubt you are japanese.
Its the other way around. Japanese ruled china and china was ruled by them.

Koji

My apologies for the confusion. I was not referring to Japan when I was speaking collectively for East Asians. I specifically meant Chinese rule over Korea and Vietnam.

After some quick wikipeding...
So apparently the Yuan Dynasty made the kingdom of Goryeo (Korea) a tributary.

This lasted until the Qing dyansty where they lost to Japan in the first sino-japanese war.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Not to deviate from the topic Vinod, but I would just like to point out that the distrust that many East Asians have towards China might have to do with the fact that we were all at one point vassals of various Chinese dynasties.
I doubt that. Though the Chinese civilization has deeply effected all of East Asia, that is not the reason for the distrust.

I think it has to do with the policies of the CCP and the ease with which they have suppressed dissent even within China by massive massacres like the Tienanmen square. Also the absence of any checks and balances in the Chinese system which allows crap decisions to be taken and implemented like the 30 million deaths due to Mao's crap policies.

Also their insatiable hunger for resources from all over leading to support of genocidal regimes like in Sudan and so many other places.

I have much respect for the ancient Chinese civilization and the Chinese people, not for your current regime.

ZOOM

Founding Member
well, how on hell did India drive all its neighbours to the side of China?
From Pakistan to Burma ,almost all India's neighbours prefer China to India.

how terriblely India's diplomats do their job!
Our Neighbours preference to china steam from the fact that China provide them much needed Arms and ammunition alongwith Foriegn aid to crush any People's rising. You cannot blame our diplomats for that, since they aren't as inhumans as Chinese diplomates do.

deltacamelately

Is the PLA a bigger threat than PA?
Yes.
Is PLA an existential threat to India?
No.
Is PLAAF and PLAN a threat to the IAF and IN?
Yes and No both. It all depends on the battlespace.
In the Chinese mainland and South China sea - Yes.
In the TAR, Indian Ocean and the straight of Mallaca No.

Sailor

The Three Gorges Dam. Is it China's Achilles' heel

In building the Three Gorges Dam, has China built the means of their own destruction?

Here is a report in regard to this possibility

National security concerns

In an annual report to the United States Congress, the Department of Defense cited that in Taiwan, “proponents of strikes against the mainland apparently hope that merely presenting credible threats to China’s urban population or high-value targets, such as the Three Gorges Dam, will deter Chinese military coercion.”

The notion that the Military of the Republic of China would seek to destroy the Dam provoked an angry response from the mainland China media. People’s Liberation Army General Liu Yuan was quoted in the China Youth Daily saying that the People’s Republic of China would be "seriously on guard against threats from Taiwan independence terrorists".

Terrorists? How about an air strike with a 21 st century version of the Dam busters?

badguy2000

Respected Member
well, any attack on 3 Gorges Dam will arouse nuke couterattack form China....

Daredevil

On Vacation!
well, any attack on 3 Gorges Dam will arouse nuke couterattack form China....
How do you know if there will be a nuke attack if some one attacks Three gorges dam?. Do you know what is the nuclear doctrine of China?. What will trigger Chinese to launch a nuclear attack?.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
It is a juicy target in case China is up to any mischief.

badguy2000

Respected Member
How do you know if there will be a nuke attack if some one attacks Three gorges dam?. Do you know what is the nuclear doctrine of China?. What will trigger Chinese to launch a nuclear attack?.
1. anybody who has been there are sure that the attack of conventional weapons can not destroy three gorges dam.

2. only nuke weapons can destroyed the dam.

3.dare any country use throw nukes on China?

:2guns::blum3:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
1. anybody who has been there are sure that the attack of conventional weapons can not destroy three gorges dam.

A hole in the dam is good enough and you don't need nukes to do that. Conventional strike missile are good enough to take it out.

PS: In any case, there will be no attacks on dams by conventional army. I think this is part of international agreement between countries.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
In an annual report to the United States Congress, the Department of Defense cited that in Taiwan, “proponents of strikes against the mainland apparently hope that merely presenting credible threats to China’s urban population or high-value targets, such as the Three Gorges Dam, will deter Chinese military coercion.”
Taiwan doesn't have nukes AFAIK.

They do have good air force that can give a good hiding to the Chinese if they ever try to mess with her. The dam can be damaged without a nuke if the Taiwanese statements are to be believed.

ZOOM

Founding Member

Nucler attack has far more greater consequences then what you can actually imagine in a broad day light. Since China is expanding its Military very repidly and supporting various Dictatorships regimes in various parts of globe and hence in case of an attack both in terms of conventional or Nucler, vital assets of an enemy is of top most target for maximizing a damage to brought to it book or avenge its wrongdoing. Unfortunetly, Chinese mega dams fall under similar catagory and hence attack on it in case of an hostility cannot be ruled out. I suspect as anybody would dare to attack those dams. Surely nobody will going to plant some explosives and damage those dams, Ballastic Missiles will going to be used for that purpose. I can only imagine something like World War 3 will bring such unfortune for China.

And yes, you should do some study on various levels of explosives used to demolish something as big dam rather then conviently saying only Nukes can get rid of those dams.

badguy2000

Respected Member
A hole in the dam is good enough and you don't need nukes to do that. Conventional strike missile are good enough to take it out.

PS: In any case, there will be no attacks on dams by conventional army. I think this is part of international agreement between countries.
you said so just because you have not been to 3 gorges dam...

conventional sticke missle can bring some caves on the surface of thd huge dam.

even nuke attack could not completely destroy the dam.

the broken concrete blocks would jamed the yangts river and stop the flood for dozens of hours,after the dam were to be nuked.:2guns:

badguy2000

Respected Member
Taiwan doesn't have nukes AFAIK.

They do have good air force that can give a good hiding to the Chinese if they ever try to mess with her. The dam can be damaged without a nuke if the Taiwanese statements are to be believed.

1. the dam can not be destroyed by non-nuke warhead.

2. PLA has deployed dense anti-air system beside the dam.

3.the dam is in the centerland of mainland china. I double that Taiwan airforce can fly into mailand china,let alon over the dam.

ZOOM

Founding Member
you said so just because you have not been to 3 gorges dam...

conventional sticke missle can bring some caves on the surface of thd huge dam.

even nuke attack could not completely destroy the dam.

the broken concrete blocks would jamed the yangts river and stop the flood for dozens of hours,after the dam were to be nuked.:2guns:
Oh Badguy, why cannot you do some more brainstorming at a free of cost.

How about salvo of Ten Ballastic Missile attack with conventional warhead rather then Nucler one, heck it such salvo will going to make sure that Dam would not only develop some patch but also get completely demolish in one go.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
India ups vigil on China border

It now seems clear that India is slowly but surely being surrounded by China with the growing influence that the Chinese have in each of India's neighbours -- Pakistan, Nepal, Burma and now even Sri Lanka.
Clearly concerned about being encircled NDTV has exclusive information that India is to send another 40,000 troops to the India-China border.
After downplaying the China threat for years, the government is now decided to raise additional fighting formations to meet any eventuality and to improve the infrastructure in the areas bordering China.
India increases troops:

• Two new divisions (40,000 troops)
  • Artillery brigade, 9 airstrips
  • Military's assessment: China is India's greatest threat
  • India wants to match China's forces
  • Cost: Rs 5,000 crores
India is increasing the number of troops on the border with China in Arunachal Pradesh. NDTV has learnt that two mountain divisions, that is, 40,000 troops will be recruited over the next two years.
It's a huge step that New Delhi has taken and reflects the military's view that China is India's greatest threat.
Deploying more troops is being seen as an assertion by India that Arunachal Pradesh is not a part of China as Beijing claims.
So, why has this been done?
India wants to match China's forces. Sources say there's an urgency to match China's massive military presence across the border estimated at 3 lakh troops. After this, in Arunachal alone India will have about 1 lakh soldiers. This plan implementation will cost the government Rs 5,000 crore.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
What the hell are 300,000 Chinese troops doing on the our Tibetan border?

ZOOM

Founding Member
Only $1 Billion doller and 40,000 troops, I think our leaders need to wake up and smell the coffee, at the same time stretching themselves to see the light of the day, how Indian Army with this peanut budget will going to fight gigentic dragon in case of border conflict. At least spend a kind of a sum which can send some fear down the spine of our enemy, since looking at this arrangement even chinese wouldn't see India as enemy of some prestige. Our leaders must stop listening songs dedicated for soldiers and do something tangible.

Articles