China Economy: News & Discussion

rockdog

Country flag
If US policy is hollowing out RoK explain why did Samsung shut down its Mobile Phone mfg unit which was perhaps its largest such mfg unit in the world in China & move to India ?
Sumsung mobile only had 0.2% share in China. Plus they put most mobile supply chain facotories in Vietnam not India.

I think the Posco case scary them shit out for a long time.

Azaad

Country flag
Sumsung mobile only had 0.2% share in China. Plus they put most mobile supply chain facotories in Vietnam not India.

I think the Posco case scary them shit out for a long time.
So who's hollowing out RoK ? China or the US ?

This news is 3 yrs old.

I find your ignorance about India charming. I just hope the CCP isn't as ignorant about India as their citizens here are else they'd sleep walk into a war with India on the borders like the Russians did in Ukraine.

rockdog

Country flag
So who's hollowing out RoK ? China or the US ?

This news is 3 yrs old.

I find your ignorance about India charming.
I mean the while Sumsung mobile supply chain not just some assembly plant.

some of my friends still provide components for Sumsung Vietnam, the Mobil supply chain still deeply embedded in east asia.

I came to this forum for better understanding on India.

Azaad

Country flag
I mean the while Sumsung mobile supply chain not just some assembly plant.

some of my friends still provide components for Sumsung Vietnam, the Mobil supply chain still deeply embedded in east asia.

I came to this forum for better understanding on India.
PLI or performance linked incentive have been announced for component level mfg by the government of India ( GoI) to enable complete mfg of the mobile phones here from scratch . Gradually we expect it to happen out here . Give it a few yrs. By 2027 you'd see most if not all components of such mobile phones mfd in India .

rockdog

Country flag
PLI or performance linked incentive have been announced for component level mfg by the government of India ( GoI) to enable complete mfg of the mobile phones here from scratch . Gradually we expect it to happen out here . Give it a few yrs. By 2027 you'd see most if not all components of such mobile phones mfd in India .
Hope this time GOI do something really constructive.

I talked with lots of entrepreneurs from East Asia, TW, HK, S.Korea, Mainland China, the three claasic stories still deeply in our memories:

The POSCO case, the Vodafone Hutchison case, the recent Xiaomi case...

Azaad

Country flag
Hope this time GOI do something really constructive.

I talked with lots of entrepreneurs from East Asia, TW, HK, S.Korea, Mainland China, the three claasic stories still deeply in our memories:

The POSCO case, the Vodafone Hutchison case, the recent Xiaomi case...
POSCO case was on account of its hugely polluting nature. Why doesn't RoK establish such plants in their own country to begin with ?

As far as the Xiaomi case goes , they were evading taxes. In fact a lot of Chinese companies were caught evading taxes here which is why the GoI isn't exactly encouraging Chinese investment in India unless we don't have a choice .

https://tech.hindustantimes.com/tec...rores-by-finance-ministry-71641389658615.html

The Vodafone case was a bureaucratic blunder . The retrospective tax has since been withdrawn .

Jimih

Country flag
As far as the Xiaomi case goes , they were evading taxes. In fact a lot of Chinese companies were caught evading taxes here which is why the GoI isn't exactly encouraging Chinese investment in India
Not only mobile brands but scheming Chinese are now infiltrating Indian online education sector with vested interests.

Hari Sud

Country flag
I am waiting to see that when the Chinese would loose their iron clad stranglehold on American consumer market and Supply Chain system. That will deal a deathly blow to the Chinese economy. I hope that over confident China invades Taiwan and looses everything they are proud of. I hope, it happens sooner than later, so that the rest of the world goes to live their normal way of life.

Blademaster

Among major economies, India has done well in recent years.

But not as well as China -- China grew 4.7% from a much bigger base to India's 3.8%.
View attachment 205107

So the gap in the real economy has increased horribly wide between China and India in the recent years.

Also, China has a lot of real drivers for new growth:

1) EVs and autos
2) Expanding trade with Global South greater than US, EU and Japan combined

Those two alone are entirely new growth areas that could power China for a long time.

But they are not only ones:

3) Nuclear fusion and safe reactors -- China will build more nuclear power plants than rest of the world combined

4) Space industry -- already either first or second in launches every year but is ancipating a lot more in the future with the mega-constellations and the private firms

4) The Maglev and the electro-magnetic industry -- already China is testing 600KPH maglev trains, hyperloops and space launch devices (to go with the EM catapults and railguns for the military)

5) New shipbuilding sectors in the highly lucrative cruiseliner and Very Large Gas/Chem Containers space

6) Internal semicon industry -- and not only silicon. Photonic and graphene chips will drive new supply chains just like EVs did in auto industry. But even in silicon, China is de-Americanizing its chip industry and speeding to EUVs so the growth in simply moving the world's largest semicon market from a global supply chain to a local one will mean massive growth Chinese firms for years!

7) C919, C929, CJ1000, CJ2000, etc! A new and growing aircraft and aircraft engine industry! (And that's not counting the new Airbus lines where like Tesla in EVs, China will become an important manufacturing base for global aerospace)

I do not see any drivers of that magnitude from India unfortunately except for the diversification of the Western supply chain to include other countries instead of just China.

But this is actually proving to be another source of growth for China. China is hitting records with components exports to Vietnam, the rest of ASEAN and India.

This is a chart of India's imports from China in the last two years while banning apps and things from China!
View attachment 205125

So we know that those imports are not a choice but a necessity for India's own growth.

But the problem for this one Indian growth driver is it is far easier for Chinese components to reach Vietnam and ASEAN than India. This is proven out by the fact that Vietnam is getting most of the new factories and thus new exports to the West. Vietnam is literally beating the pants off of India here!

Also Chinese components are going very heavy into Mexico and Latin America -- the transport advantages there are too great:

View attachment 205129

Once the Chinese (and other East Asian firms) are set up there, I can't see how India can compete for most of the new lines. India will get some because of its big internal market but there is too much competition from the likes of Vietnam, Mexico, Thailand, etc, for it to become a manufacturing hub of the same magnitude as China when the PRC began its ascent in 2000 with WTO.
So what is your fucking point? You shitposting on us by bragging about your country's prowess and crapping over India's economy etc? Sounds like trolling and shitposting. Enough of that.

Blademaster

You know the mindset of some people from some countries(not just western countries), when it comes to pollution, Ganges River comes to mindView attachment 205247Maybe it's not the most polluted river in the world but you know the preconceptions and stereotypeView attachment 205249some people argue that it's a tradition, anyway, you probably know more than me on this.View attachment 205250
Try again Sherlock Holmes:

SexyChineseLady

So what is your fucking point? You shitposting on us by bragging about your country's prowess and crapping over India's economy etc? Sounds like trolling and shitposting. Enough of that.
Indian posters came to this Chinese Economic thread to bring up India. Who is trolling and shitposting?

SexyChineseLady

I find your ignorance about India charming. I just hope the CCP isn't as ignorant about India as their citizens here are else they'd sleep walk into a war with India on the borders like the Russians did in Ukraine.

I am waiting to see that when the Chinese would loose their iron clad stranglehold on American consumer market and Supply Chain system. That will deal a deathly blow to the Chinese economy. I hope that over confident China invades Taiwan and looses everything they are proud of. I hope, it happens sooner than later, so that the rest of the world goes to live their normal way of life.
Indians always come to this thread hoping bad things to happen to China.

1) China hasn't gone to war in 40 years while it grew to the world's largest economy. The massive growth of the navy and air force will make future war more unlikely.

2) Exports are just another driver to supplement the world greatest consumer market. China consumes more than the US by a wide margin.

3) China's overall exports are still growing despite direct exports to the West plummeting ;)

Azaad

Country flag
Indians always come to this thread hoping bad things to happen to China.

1) China hasn't gone to war in 40 years while it grew to the world's largest economy. The massive growth of the navy and air force will make future war more unlikely.

2) Exports are just another driver to supplement the world greatest consumer market. China consumes more than the US by a wide margin.

3) China's overall exports are still growing despite direct exports to the West plummeting ;)
Check out for how many times great helmsman 2.0 has called on the army of the party to be prepared for wars since he assumed office in 2012 ?

Either you aren't aware of what your own leaders are up to or you've a poor impression of our intelligence. @RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

SexyChineseLady

Check out for how many times great helmsman 2.0 has called on the army of the party to be prepared for wars since he assumed office in 2012 ?

Either you aren't aware of what your own leaders are up to or you've a poor impression of our intelligence. @RoaringTigerHiddenDragon
Prepare for defense. China is surrounded by US bases plus Japan and allies. All India has to worry about is Pakistan and Nepal. You Indians don't understand.

China is the world top trading nation. Peace is paramount to a trading nation never mind the top trading nation on earth. I have a poor impression of your intelligence if you can't see this simple fact.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Prepare for defense. China is surrounded by US bases plus Japan and allies. All India has to worry about is Pakistan and Nepal. You Indians don't understand.

China is the world top trading nation. Peace is paramount to a trading nation never mind the top trading nation on earth. I have a poor impression of your intelligence if you can't see this simple fact.
Nepal ?
Does it even have a capable military moreover they use insas rifles too

SexyChineseLady

China is expanding its exports to the world by a massive margin. China not trades far more with the world than the US, it also consumes more than the US:
IMG_8633.png

Azaad

Country flag

As of now, sexychineselady, it's China which has territorial dispute with all its neighbors & has fought wars with India, Russia & Vietnam in this regard besides sabre rattling against Taiwan, RoK, Japan, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei etc.

Its China which still claims lands or waters from all these countries. China is a revanchist power not a status quoist power. All the other powers surrounding China are status quoist powers.

We can handle Paxtan anytime we want. How did Nepal come into the picture here?

Yes to all you wrote & Great Helmsman 2.0 has decided to junk all that & take Taiwan. He's decided it's time to show your strength & to hell with Deng's advice - Hide your strength, bide your time.

Actually there's nothing wrong with that too . Had China waited another 20 yrs in accordance with Deng's advice, the world would be a completely different place then with the US having expended its energies & wealth all over the World, Europe would be even more hopelessly divided & the stage would be set for China to get ready to take over the mantle of the sole super power of the world.

But the Great helmsman 2.0 is in a greater hurry than you can imagine. He wants history to remember him as the person who achieved reunion with Taiwan. That's the legacy he wants to leave behind.

You ought to be taking it up with him.

Global Defence

Articles