China Economy: News & Discussion

rockdog

Country flag
China got 28 LNG ship orders from Qatar!

A biggest single contract in the world!

img-17143599788651f567d8d54be044619f82d21b782230a180b8d9a70356c7ea77d9e8e8fd4ee33.jpg

Last edited:

rockdog

Country flag
@smooth manifold @rockdog so you refuse to articulate how the Chinese GDP grew 5.3% in 2023?
Electricity normally a quite straightforward indicator of growth. Most economic activities are based on electricity.

In 2023, the total electricity consumption in society reached 9.22 trillion kilowatt hours, an increase of 576.4 billion kilowatt hours from 2022 and a year-on-year increase of 6.7%.

srevster

Country flag
Electricity normally a quite straightforward indicator of growth. Most economic activities are based on electricity.

In 2023, the total electricity consumption in society reached 9.22 trillion kilowatt hours, an increase of 576.4 billion kilowatt hours from 2022 and a year-on-year increase of 6.7%.

Garbage prediction. India’s power grew by 12% for the same period, but India doesn’t have 12% GDP growth. So I still want to what was sold and to whom to get 5.3%. Just over producing in factories is not GDP growth.

rockdog

Country flag
Garbage prediction. India’s power grew by 12% for the same period, but India doesn’t have 12% GDP growth. So I still want to what was sold and to whom to get 5.3%. Just over producing in factories is not GDP growth.
Both nations are on on industrialization, so power growth is always more than real growth.

Considering India is still very lack of electricity, its power growth faster than GDP growth than China.

But it still shows China GDP growth reasonable.

BTW, this is just a theory, u can keep ur own POV. Just no need strong language to me. U raised the question, i took time to answer, try respect each other.

srevster

Country flag
Both nations are on on industrialization, so power growth is always more than real growth.

Considering India is still very lack of electricity, its power growth faster than GDP growth than China.

But it still shows China GDP growth reasonable.

BTW, this is just a theory, u can keep ur own POV. Just no need strong language to me. U raised the question, i took time to answer, try respect each other.
How can the CCP say China grew 5.3% without a clear explanation of how it happened? The underlying macroeconomic data has to back up the claim right. My ask is very simple, show me the macroeconomic data with respect to trade, sales or something else which proves the 5.3% growth.

In India's case this is very easy to prove, export growth, consumption growth, infrastructure growth, investment growth, population growth, and stock market growth.

In China's case, exports are down, consumption is flat, you have infrastructure growth, investments are down, population is down and stock market is down. So only assumption is infrastructure growth which is just the government spending money not necessarily the private market.

rockdog

Country flag
How can the CCP say China grew 5.3% without a clear explanation of how it happened? The underlying macroeconomic data has to back up the claim right. My ask is very simple, show me the macroeconomic data with respect to trade, sales or something else which proves the 5.3% growth.
To be frank, I don't care about ur doubt. I don't want to waste on debate. Any my long article will be vanished by ur keep on posting slides one by one.

In China some industries up, some were done. It's normal. China in two yrs, exoported 8 millions cars, It's twice ur whole auto industry GDP, this is the growth.

And trade with India are making more and.more money, this is also growth...

I can make some other examples, but dude again, i really don't care ur POV. U can announce u POV wins, i m OK with it.

Plz understand.

Screenshot_2024-04-29-13-25-01-674_com.miui.mediaeditor-edit.jpg

srevster

Country flag
To be frank, I don't care about ur doubt. I don't want to waste on debate. Any my long article will be vanished by ur keep on posting slides one by one.

In China some industries up, some were done. It's normal. China in two yrs, exoported 8 millions cars, It's twice ur whole auto industry GDP, this is the growth.

And trade with India are making more and.more money, this is also growth...

I can make some other examples, but dude again, i really don't care ur POV. U can announce u POV wins, i m OK with it.

Plz understand.

View attachment 250671
You keep changing topics and squirming like a fish trying to get back to water. My question is very very simple. Your aggregate exports went down. Your consumption is flat. Your real estate sales are down. How can China post 5.3% growth?

Your macroeconomic break down is:

Private consumption: 37.17% Government consumption: 16.12% Gross capital formation: 43.48% Exports of goods and services: 20.66% Imports of goods and services: 17.48% Net exports: 3.22% (2022)

rockdog

Country flag
You keep changing topics and squirming like a fish trying to get back to water. My question is very very simple. Your aggregate exports went down. Your consumption is flat. Your real estate sales are down. How can China post 5.3% growth?

Your macroeconomic break down is:

Private consumption: 37.17% Government consumption: 16.12% Gross capital formation: 43.48% Exports of goods and services: 20.66% Imports of goods and services: 17.48% Net exports: 3.22% (2022)
OK, OK, it's really wasting my time, at least your would use google translate to read official website of China.

On April 16th, the National Bureau of Statistics released a preliminary calculation that the gross domestic product (GDP) for the first quarter was 29629.9 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 5.3% at constant prices and a month on month increase of 1.6% compared to the fourth quarter of the previous year.

The added value of the primary industry was 1153.8 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 3.3%;

The added value of the secondary industry was 10984.6 billion yuan, an increase of 6.0%;

The added value of the tertiary industry was 17491.5 billion yuan, an increase of 5.0%.
In the first quarter, the total electricity consumption in society increased by 9.6%, industrial electricity consumption increased by 7.7%, freight volume increased by 5.3%, commercial passenger volume increased by 20.5%, and port cargo throughput increased by 6.1% to verify the growth rate of GDP. The growth rate of 5.3% is consistent.

Source in Chinese:
4月16日国家统计局发布,初步核算,一季度国内生产总值296299亿元,按不变价格计算,同比增长5.3%,比上年四季度环比增长1.6%。

第一产业增加值11538亿元,同比增长3.3%;

第二产业增加值109846亿元,增长6.0%;

第三产业增加值174915亿元,增长5.0%。

一季度全社会用电量增长9.6%,工业用电量增长7.7%,货运量增长5.3%,营业性客运量增长20.5%,港口货物吞吐量增长6.1%
等数据来验证GDP的增速,增长5.3%是吻合的。

About the real estate, this is the new update:

At a historic moment, cars surpassed real estate and became China's largest economic pillar!

Data shows that in 2023, China's total automobile output value reached an astonishing 11 trillion yuan, accounting for nearly 10% of the country's GDP. This number not only exceeds that of real estate, but also highlights the enormous potential of the automotive industry as a new engine of China's economy.

------------------------------

It's really wasting my time ... I really don't care your POV.

srevster

Country flag
OK, OK, it's really wasting my time, at least your would use google translate to read official website of China.

In the first quarter, the total electricity consumption in society increased by 9.6%, industrial electricity consumption increased by 7.7%, freight volume increased by 5.3%, commercial passenger volume increased by 20.5%, and port cargo throughput increased by 6.1% to verify the growth rate of GDP. The growth rate of 5.3% is consistent.

Source in Chinese:

About the real estate, this is the new update:

At a historic moment, cars surpassed real estate and became China's largest economic pillar!

Data shows that in 2023, China's total automobile output value reached an astonishing 11 trillion yuan, accounting for nearly 10% of the country's GDP. This number not only exceeds that of real estate, but also highlights the enormous potential of the automotive industry as a new engine of China's economy.

------------------------------

It's really wasting my time ... I really don't care your POV.
This doesn't matter if consumption is flat and exports didn't grow. Changing the distribution of a sum doesn't matter if the total sum didn't grow.

Show me where the total sum grew from a macroeconomic perspective. Was it exports, consumption, infra, or real estate sales?

Automotive sales come under exports and consumption. So if the total consumption is flat and exports declined, a rising EV industry doesn't offset the overall decline. For 5.3% GDP growth, the overall sum needs to increase by 5.3% not a specific sector.

How can freight traffic increase by 5.3% but exports shrink / consumption flat at the same time. Doesn't make sense

Last edited:

srevster

Country flag
The math doesn't add up to me. All I can rationalize is government is spending its fiscal budget to expand things to inflate GDP numbers. That's a big red flag!

Azaad

Country flag
🤣
Speak the truth , for the truth shall set you free...

@Crazywithmath ; @gslv markIII ; @FalconSlayers

rockdog

Country flag
View attachment 250685

3.5T in 2022
3.3T in 2023
It's really wasting my time, by RMB:

On January 15th, Titanium Media App reported that recently, the State Council Information Office held a press conference on the import and export situation for the whole year of 2023. Data shows that the total import and export value in 2023 was 41.76 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 0.2%. Over the same period, the import and export to countries jointly building the "the Belt and Road" totaled 19.47 trillion yuan, up 2.8%, accounting for 46.6% of the total import and export value, up 1.2%; Exported mobile phones amounted to 979.7 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 2.9%; Exported automobiles amounted to 716.51 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 76.8%.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles