China Economy: News & Discussion

Gyyan

Country flag
You are papering over how China got those human and financial resources ;)

In the 1980s China had very few college graduates and little money to do anything.

Now it is competing with the US and the West in everything from space launches to EVs to nuclear powerplant. Some things like electronics and high speed rail, it is the global dominant eco-system. You cannot build a tv or a cellphone anywhere without parts from China. These are all technological growth from what China was in the 1980s.

So no long progress?

So what is long term? China has been succeeding pretty well for 40 years and if that is short term maybe 100 year ;)

Anyhoo this is the "short term" report card between our two peoples:
View attachment 183448
Can you please stop with the emojis I get goosebumps thinking some Sima Nan kinda guy sitting across computer acting like a girl🤢🤢🤢

Gyyan

Country flag
Can you please stop with the emojis I get goosebumps thinking some Sima Nan kinda guy sitting across computer acting like a girl🤢🤢🤢
Seriously Sima Nan is the goat.
Man made me realise how similar and moronic all of Asian community is.

Concard

Country flag

In the 1980s China had very few college graduates and little money to do anything.

Now it is competing with the US and the West in everything from space launches to EVs to nuclear powerplant. Some things like electronics and high speed rail, it is the global dominant eco-system. You cannot build a tv or a cellphone anywhere without parts from China. These are all technological growth from what China was in the 1980s.

So no long progress?

So what is long term? China has been succeeding pretty well for 40 years and if that is short term maybe 100 year ;)

View attachment 183448
You replied exactly like a Gokao factory student would. Simply regurgitating the same thing over and over again. Once the technology is stolen you are pretty good at branding it as your own and mass producing it. I am not denying that capability of yours.

Space technology : Yeah, you have been progressing well since one of your comrades passed on sensitive info working in NASA.

Nuclear power plant : How? Until recently China was using AP1000 reactor technology from US. China has claimed they have developed something of their own. I don't have much idea about it. But yeah in this area you have progressed well after getting (I mean steal) much needed technology from Canada.

EV's: What exactly have you developed the rest of the world didn't? The batteries? Well, the credit has already been given to John Goodenough for that. Yeah, China mass produces batteries but hasn't invented any major breakthrough yet.

With respect to comparison to India is laughable. Did anyone deny India is lagging behind China in manufacturing?

I am talking about major breakthroughs in Science or like a paper which had created a major impact in the field. Looking at your replies I presume you will have a hard time understanding my point. You still have a long way to reform your education system and your thought process. Scientific thinking cannot be inculcated overnight in a system which incentivizes and places more importance on plagiarism and exam scores.

Gyyan

Country flag
You replied exactly like a Gokao factory student would. Simply regurgitating the same thing over and over again. Once the technology is stolen you are pretty good at branding it as your own and mass producing it. I am not denying that capability of yours.

Space technology : Yeah, you have been progressing well since one of your comrades passed on sensitive info working in NASA.

Nuclear power plant : How? Until recently China was using AP1000 reactor technology from US. China has claimed they have developed something of their own. I don't have much idea about it. But yeah in this area you have progressed well after getting (I mean steal) much needed technology from Canada.

EV's: What exactly have you developed the rest of the world didn't? The batteries? Well, the credit has already been given to John Goodenough for that. Yeah, China mass produces batteries but hasn't invented any major breakthrough yet.

With respect to comparison to India is laughable. Did anyone deny India is lagging behind China in manufacturing?

I am talking about major breakthroughs in Science or like a paper which had created a major impact in the field. Looking at your replies I presume you will have a hard time understanding my point. You still have a long way to reform your education system and your thought process. Scientific thinking cannot be inculcated overnight in a system which incentivizes and places more importance on plagiarism and exam scores.
What do you expect as a response from them? They don't think it's wrong to steal until something is stolen from them.
Their history is filled with such people to take inspiration from there is a reason empires collapsed in ancient China every monday.
They are already accepting they stole someones life work and act like nothing is wrong with it.
While they come and cry every now and then on how US is blocking their chip supply how they are proud of their economy and exports and how they have perfected the tech they stole.

They have a role model who cried on how their helis are better than black Hawk cause it has fly by wire.

SexyChineseLady

Unlike opinions and geopolitical charged accusations that are subjective to biases, numbers are objective -- like trade figures, patents and papers ;)

Gyyan

Country flag
Unlike opinions and geopolitical charged accusations that subjective, numbers are objective -- like trade figures, patents and papers ;)
Here is the perfect example of what I said above.

It's the same strategy her dad Sima Nan used.
Never accept china bad.
All other countries conspire against it.
china numba one.
USA bad
Japan killed 5 trillion people during their atrocities and stuff.

Her dad Sima Nan used to preach similar stuff.

another_armchair

Country flag

The list is long and mighty hilarious. The earlier Chinese made clones of Bajaj Pulsar were called Bulsar and launched in Africa, Latin America where they bombed spectacularly and naturally so.

SexyChineseLady

Here is the perfect example of what I said above.

It's the same strategy her dad Sima Nan used.
Never accept china numba one.
USA bad
Japan killed 5 trillion people during their atrocities and stuff.

Her dad Sima Nan used to preach similar stuff.
Actually, USA is considered good and a benchmark. Catching up to the US is what drives China. And why the US has to resort to bans and embargoes. Why stop selling to a nation that is not catching up? ;)

Gyyan

Country flag
Actually, USA is considered good and a benchmark. Catching up to the US is what drives China. And why the US has to resort to bans and embargoes. Why stop selling to a nation that is not catching up? ;)
Why stop selling a nation that steals.
The answer is in the first sentence isn't it?😘😘😘

SexyChineseLady

Why stop selling a nation that steals.
The answer is in the first sentence isn't it?😘😘😘
By definition if you are selling something the other person is paying for it. If they are stealing, you wouldn't need bans and embargoes ;)

American chip equipment makes were minting a goldmine from China sales but not any more :)

SexyChineseLady

Gyyan

Country flag
By definition if you are selling something the other person is paying for it. If they are stealing, you wouldn't need bans and embargoes ;)

American chip equipment makes were minting a goldmine from China sales but not any more :)
Then why do I see china crying and acting like a bitch unlike US.😘😘😘😘

Why was china threating of export to Australia when they called for a check on wuhan virus?

Gyyan

Country flag

SexyChineseLady

Then why do I see china crying and acting like a bitch unlike US.😘😘😘😘

Why was china threating of export to Australia when they called for a check on wuhan virus?
How is China crying? China just continues going about its business instead of tariffing and banning this, that and the other thing ;)

Gyyan

Country flag
How is China crying? China just continues going about its business instead of tariffing abd banning this, that and the other thing ;)
I see every now and then Chinese ministry releasing press on how chip war is affecting US more and stuff and you said the same thing.

indiatester

Country flag

So no long progress?

View attachment 183448
So, the divergence started after USA started to invest in China via FDI and setting up offshore factories...
Interesting...
https://sgp.fas.org/crs/row/IF11283.pdf

SexyChineseLady

I see every now and then Chinese ministry releasing press on how chip war is affecting US more and stuff and you said the same thing.
Far less than US press releases on how China is catching up and the US needs these bans to stay ahead ;)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles