Country flag
Usually things go like this

>Need a new force
>Create new force
>Add Men
>Add Equipment and Machine
>Call it a day.
>Civil Service heads the Department.

There is one key factor that is lacking And that is self introspection.
If u look at history US marine corp didn't become a behemoth in 1 day took several years of self introspection trial and effort to reach where it is today.

When we create a department it becomes a sloth that is just there for the sake of it.
Example ITBP they do election duty, embassy protection and all sorts of stuff other than Tibet patrolling.

Another force will just be a job scheme in the long run without the right leadership, defined objective and constant overwatch.
But near future multi billion dollar projects like sagarmala where will increase the coastal economic zones, more number of ports. You required active security you need CMPF.

mikhail

Country flag
Is this force going to be operational anytime soon or are babus in the MHA going shelve this as well?

If the Center is indeed serious on establishing a new CAPF solely for guarding our maritime border then it should be at least 20-25 battalions strong to guard the maritime coastline effectively.My question is why opt for a new CAPF when the same job can be done by the I.C.G. if they are provided with sufficient additional manpower and infrastructure.There's absolutely no need for a separate Central Marine Police as the job can be handled by the I.C.G. itself.Just raise its manpower from 18,000 to at least 30,000 personnel and utilise the additional personnel to effectively patrol the maritime coastline.My two cents!!

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
If the Center is indeed serious on establishing a new CAPF solely for guarding our maritime border then it should be at least 20-25 battalions strong to guard the maritime coastline effectively.My question is why opt for a new CAPF when the same job can be done by the I.C.G. if they are provided with sufficient additional manpower and infrastructure.There's absolutely no need for a separate Central Marine Police as the job can be handled by the I.C.G. itself.Just raise its manpower from 18,000 to at least 30,000 personnel and utilise the additional personnel to effectively patrol the maritime coastline.My two cents!!
India's Maritime security is 3 layered!!
The first layer is with few km to our costline, 2nd layer is till our Exclusive Economic Zone and 3rd layer beyond EEZ is international waters!!!
1st lawyer's work presently done by state marine police alone, 2nd layer is done by ICG and 3rd layer is done by IN.
1st layer of our maritime security is in dire need of restructuring and to be honest its the weakest spot hence CMPF is required which will complement State Marine Police.
About ICG, yes they should increase their manpower for that, they need resources and enough OPVs!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles