Cars & Bikes - Automotive Discussion Thread

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
We are three guys heading to the North east(sikkim-gurdongmar-guwahati and stuff)

Will spend some 1 week or 2 there.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

captscooby81

Country flag
Thats what bike like ducati scrambler and other roaster bikes are between cruisers and sports ..

By the way nice bike ..i hate riding these too much heavy and not my taste to bend it like beckham to make my knee scratch the roads

@aditya10r while you were away....

View attachment 17232 View attachment 17233 View attachment 17234 View attachment 17235

Yamaha V-max... though you won't see this in RACR events ..

@Project Dharma youclike cruisers right? What about a cross between cruisers and sports bikes?

Krusty

Country flag
Thats what bike like ducati scrambler and other roaster bikes are between cruisers and sports ..

By the way nice bike ..i hate riding these too much heavy and not my taste to bend it like beckham to make my knee scratch the roads
Thala, actually these sports bikes thanks to their clever engineering, aren't too heavy compared even even normal pulsars..

Even the pulsar 200ns is about 150kg dry.. Superbikes (1000cc class) will be anywhere between 180-200 that's all. Actually not that much difference interms of weight. But size, yes.
VMax is great for the open road..

Bossu, you should get one... :cool1: atleast a 600cc class..

Last edited:

mendosa

Tata tiago near kishanganj(bihar)

View attachment 16988
View attachment 16989

=================================
I do not understand anything about cars, but in the last 1 year, I've seen so many cars launched in India, some of them are starting to look appealing. I don't even understand how they are priced.

Tiago is 1.2L engine and priced 3.2L and Ford EcoSport is 1L engine and priced 7L. How does one evaluate these offerings? is the extra 3.5L for something I am missing or is it purely branding?

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I do not understand anything about cars, but in the last 1 year, I've seen so many cars launched in India, some of them are starting to look appealing. I don't even understand how they are priced.

Tiago is 1.2L engine and priced 3.2L and Ford EcoSport is 1L engine and priced 7L. How does one evaluate these offerings? is the extra 3.5L for something I am missing or is it purely branding?
Actually fords engine is more useful in the city.Low end surge and immediate power delivery plus fords engine is more lighter more powerful than tata one.

But i want cars with smaller engines because with forced induction motor can have same performance as the bigger motor while weighing less and costing less than that and returning good economy

Krusty

Country flag

Mendosa Saar, there are too many variables involved. The two cars you quote are from different class. Bigger the engine size doesn't mean bigger price tag necessarily. The Eco boost engine from ford is the latest tech and produce much higher output for its size along with being efficient and clean. It's also very smooth coming from a proven engine manufacturer. Ecosport is place two notches above the hatchback which is what tata Tiago is. And TATA is well... tata... everything is functional. Just enough that the typical Indian customer is satisfied. Tiago is nothing but an evolution of the indica. Engine is good for Indian standards but isn't big on ground breaking tech. So it's cheaper inspite of having a slightly bigger engine.

mendosa

Mendosa Saar, there are too many variables involved. The two cars you quote are from different class. Bigger the engine size doesn't mean bigger price tag necessarily. The Eco boost engine from ford is the latest tech and produce much higher output for its size along with being efficient and clean. It's also very smooth coming from a proven engine manufacturer. Ecosport is place two notches above the hatchback which is what tata Tiago is. And TATA is well... tata... everything is functional. Just enough that the typical Indian customer is satisfied. Tiago is nothing but an evolution of the indica. Engine is good for Indian standards but isn't big on ground breaking tech. So it's cheaper inspite of having a slightly bigger engine.
Thanks.

I liked these 3 Honda BRV, Ford EcoSport and Creta for no particular reason, I just saw them on the street once and they looked nice. Price to value ratio seems good too.

I remember Ratan Tata lamenting in a press conference about how they miscalculated Nano's appeal among Indians. He said that in a country like India where a car is purchased as a status symbol, it was really counter-intuitive to brand a product as being the cheapest in the market. Despite having the best marketing minds in the business, they missed this core essence. All these Ivy League marketing punks can spew numbers and words like 'paradigm shift' (lolwa) but not a single one could raise this red flag in any of their meeting. Tata was on the verge of tears.

Branding Nano as the 'cheapest car' was a mistake, admits Ratan Tata

Last edited:

Krusty

Country flag
Thanks.

I liked these 3 Honda BRV, Ford EcoSport and Creta for no particular reason, I just saw them on the street once and they looked nice. Price to value ratio seems good too.

I remember Ratan Tata lamenting in a press conference about how they miscalculated Nano's appeal among Indians. He said that in a country like India where a car is purchased a status symbol, it was really counter-intuitive to brand a product as being the cheapest in the market. Despite having the best marketing minds in the business, they missed this core essence. All these Ivy League marketing punks can spew numbers and words like 'paradigm shift' (lolwa) but not a single one could raise this red flag in any of their meeting. Tata was on the verge of tears.

Branding Nano as the 'cheapest car' was a mistake, admits Ratan Tata
just my 2C:

I hate the Eco sport because I personally feel it's small and cramped (although for some, his is a plus). 5 people is a tight squeeze. While the build quality is typical ford. Really good. But I particularly don't like the styling and the overall dimensions. Short in length and tall in height. And remember, it isn't an SUV. It's just a Ford Fiest underneath with slightly jumped up suspension. If compact is your thing go do it.

I loved the creta. Had a chance to drive my friends car. As a Two time previousnowner of Hyundai. I can say Hyundai provides the best service experience in India. Even better than maruti which Beats it only in number of authorised Centers. Creta was perfect for me. The design especially is really good. 5th person though again, is bit of a squeeze. Loved the Diesel engine.

I have not driven the Honda though.
If YoY are considering diesel, you can also check out the Renault (Dacia) duster. It's big, chunky and offeres proper SUV experience.

I have said time and again, all my Favourite car Brand’s have gone to the dogs thanks to these new generation by the book ivy leave MBAs. I find it irritating. Marketing isn't everything. For example. Rolls Royce never even bothered with marketing. They were all about 'the best for those who can afford it'. It was their charm. Now they have the concept of 'progressively poor models for progressively poor people'. It's bullshit. The same policy is followed by every single high end manufacturers. Lambo, Porsche. All of them have sold their soul. Just to claim xxxx sales per month. You don't need to have fancy MBAs to tell you if you produce cheaper models you will sell in higher numbers. Damn.

P.S: back in the days of orkut, I predicted 'nano' will never sell the way TATA thinks it will and it can however be used as a luxury auto. The article was titled 'nano-rickshaw'. It was promptly taken down in 3 days.. idiots can't come up with a proper sales strategy but they have time to snoop around everyone's SM pages.

Krusty

Country flag
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul sirji :biggrin2:
With all due respect, bikes are cheap and fun. Cars are for safety and practicality. 99.9% of the cars you ever saw was built for it. Bikes, not the case. Especially today in India with so many Pulsars, R15s, dukes and gixxr and so on running about.

The fact is, fast bikes are infinitely more easier to design, engineer and build than fast cars. Which leads to this myth that cars aren't fun.

I had driven around in one of these around zanvoort circuit just for an hour and I emerged a new man.

IMG_3569.JPG

I would say it was as fun or perhaps even more fun than a motorcycle because you are on opposite lock at almost every single corner with your arse hanging just a few inches from the tarmac.. You just won't believe how quick that thing is.

Or how about this? Same formula, even bigger engine. It weighs about as much as my right shoe, and has a V8 while being perfectly street legal. This thing is as fast as an S1000rr (which sits at the TOP of the Super bike food chain) around race tracks. It doesn't have a body. Instead it's chassis is an exoskeleton.

IMG_4013.JPG

Or it's off Cousin? Experience the terror just a few feet off the ground even after the road ends... again, perfectly street legal.

IMG_4014.JPG

The point is, the average person will never buy any of these cars.. they are expensive toys. What they can afford are bikes. Ergo, you don't see many cars of these kind around which gives rise to that myth of bikes alone being fun..

And then there is the whole world of off-roading fun with buggies and trucks which will make the post needlessly longer..

Trust me, there is a whole lot left to be experienced..

Last edited:

Krusty

Country flag
I can appreciate bikes and I like the one you posted.

However, for a variety of reasons I'm just a car/truck guy. I don't know much about bikes :)
Speaking of trucks.. when are you getting the hemi? Thought about the hellcat? what did you decide about your Subaru??

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Speaking of trucks.. when are you getting the hemi? Thought about the hellcat? what did you decide about your Subaru??
I decided against it bro, I will try to drive the Subaru as long as I am able to control myself. Don't want too much money in depreciating assets right now.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
When you dont know where to waste your money....

Feels good to be back,took nepal route to return*darjiling unrest*.
Chandragarh-jaankpur-birgunj-darbhanga(india)-patna.

I am never gonna go for an unplanned ride like this ever.

Will upload the pics later.

@Project Dharma @Krusty @Razor @captscooby81

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
is any one here xBhp member?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles