Cars & Bikes - Automotive Discussion Thread

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
:hail::hail::hail:
Wah re Wah.... awesome 2 stroke candy land... Suzuki shogun is one of my all time Favourite bikes! Where is the 70s beast (Yamaha rd350/350LC)? That thing will easily show its tail lights even to the bikes on sale today. What a beast! 350cc 47bhp 2 stroke nirvana

View attachment 16345
RD's in india are dangerous,no disc brakes and very disproportionate weight distribution along with its bity 2 stroke nature made it very dangerous to be ridden on indian roads.

I have ridden a track tuned rd which puts down 100+hp and goes all the upto 240kmph with wavy discs.

lemme search if i have pics of it

Krusty

Country flag
RD's in india are dangerous,no disc brakes and very disproportionate weight distribution along with its bity 2 stroke nature made it very dangerous to be ridden on indian roads.

I have ridden a track tuned rd which puts down 100+hp and goes all the upto 240kmph with wavy discs.

lemme search if i have pics of it
Lol yes ofcourse.. :) but it was the norm back then. Bikes for true men where you have to wrestle with the bike. Now bikes are too soft and designed to be easy to ride fast.. actually I was discussing something similar with my Friend today. F1 cars now vs F1 cars of the 70s and 80s... the old ones produced massively more power and torque without having the driver aids of today's machines. The driver has to fight to keep traction Every turn and constantly keep the back of the car in check from sliding out. Now you have traction control, launch control, stability control, ESP working with massively improved aerodynamics/tyres/brakes.. current race Drivers wont be able to handle the older machines. Not even close. They were machines for real men.

To compare:
1983 BMW Brabham : 1400bhp in qualifying trim , zero driver aids, no modern aero and a manual gear shifter (massively heavy clutch throw). Kept in line just by the Drivers massive titanium balls
IMG_3721.JPG

2016:
700-800bhp, LATEST ABS, ESP, launc control, traction control, stability and spin control, latest aero package, carbon fibre brakes, KERS, electronic everything. Almost like a video game for modern 'kids'
IMG_3725.JPG

It's the same with bikes too

Btw try to get that RD pic.. better to fit a disc. Why still running drums at 100bhp??

Last edited:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Btw try to get that RD pic.. better to fit a disc. Why still running drums at 100bhp??
No it was running with 2 wavy 300mm discs up front with radially mounted 4 pot nissin calipers and 220mm disc at the rear with 2 pot brembo.

I rode it back in 2013 and it was an informal ride.Will take me some time.

The bike was useless on track thanks to disproportionate weight distribution.

captscooby81

Country flag
Will be doing it this time as last time i travelled at end of september by then the winter has started and because of the chances of getting stuck without a place to stay in Rohtang pass route made me rate the safer Srinagar Leh route ..hopefully by August i will take a trip if the Beamer gets launched or else may be 2018 just after the first clearance of snow ..

Well i had told him and he also knows very well one of our another cousin got killed in RTA riding a bike and speaking on phone ..So hope sense prevails ..correction He got a Duke 200 not 390 ...

Most of the people who i know died in auto crashes have died mostly because of their faults........
No denying that and her BF was no different.I ride my 390 everyday and never i have come close to any crash.I feel more confident on this bike than any other bike and to your cousin,ask him to ride a cycle properly or someday the family will have to mourn for him.

Man you should take the manali route for ladakh trip,it is much better than delhi-srinagar one.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Will be doing it this time as last time i travelled at end of september by then the winter has started and because of the chances of getting stuck without a place to stay in Rohtang pass route made me rate the safer Srinagar Leh route ..hopefully by August i will take a trip if the Beamer gets launched or else may be 2018 just after the first clearance of snow ..

Well i had told him and he also knows very well one of our another cousin got killed in RTA riding a bike and speaking on phone ..So hope sense prevails ..correction He got a Duke 200 not 390 ...
The thing with KTM bikes is that they have urgency and can fill an unprepared rider with adrenaline that can kill anyone...............................................

Krusty

Country flag
@aditya10r I was just talking to my Friend who's a close Friend of Rajini :) (RACR) he probably would have met you if you frequent RACR...

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
@aditya10r I was just talking to my Friend who's a close Friend of Rajini :) (RACR) he probably would have met you if you frequent RACR...
I have been trained by mister rajini...............................................

I have done more sessions at css than racr(i have done 5 sessions at css compared to 3 at racr)

Krusty

Country flag
I have been trained by mister rajini...............................................

I have done more sessions at css than racr(i have done 5 sessions at css compared to 3 at racr)
I'm not talking about Rajini. I'm talking about my Friend who's close to Rajini. I think he might know you.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I'm not talking about Rajini. I'm talking about my Friend who's close to Rajini. I think he might know you.
Whats his name????..........................................

captscooby81

Country flag
Watch from 42.00 Min the Tribute to Ayrton Senna

Lewis trying his hands on the old cars

Lol yes ofcourse.. :) but it was the norm back then. Bikes for true men where you have to wrestle with the bike. Now bikes are too soft and designed to be easy to ride fast.. actually I was discussing something similar with my Friend today. F1 cars now vs F1 cars of the 70s and 80s... the old ones produced massively more power and torque without having the driver aids of today's machines. The driver has to fight to keep traction Every turn and constantly keep the back of the car in check from sliding out. Now you have traction control, launch control, stability control, ESP working with massively improved aerodynamics/tyres/brakes.. current race Drivers wont be able to handle the older machines. Not even close. They were machines for real men.

To compare:
1983 BMW Brabham : 1400bhp in qualifying trim , zero driver aids, no modern aero and a manual gear shifter (massively heavy clutch throw). Kept in line just by the Drivers massive titanium balls
View attachment 16350

2016:
700-800bhp, LATEST ABS, ESP, launc control, traction control, stability and spin control, latest aero package, carbon fibre brakes, KERS, electronic everything. Almost like a video game for modern 'kids'
View attachment 16353

It's the same with bikes too

Krusty

Country flag
Watch from 42.00 Min the Tribute to Ayrton Senna

Lewis trying his hands on the old cars

Thala, I have seen that Sennas overtaking clip I don't know how many times, lost count. Lewis Hamilton screams like a kid driving that McLaren Honda.. Senna is pure unadulterated racing skill. I am an avid watcher of TOP gear. But stopped when Jeremy and co left the show. I have seen one overtake forgot the season and Drivers where an F1 car overtakes another one while on the outside lane in the wet when the tires have broken traction and the car is sliding. Fantastic. You won't find that kinda racing anymore

Krusty

Country flag
Btw when i talk about machines for real men, I HAVE to mention the Mad and stupefyingly unbelievably quick Group B rally cars.
What puny litre class bikes and hybrid HyperCars. These monsters will do 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds - on gravel - And that too Before there was complex traction control and launch control. They were so quick even Seasoned racing Drivers found them too much. Ultimately they were too powerful for their own good and group B got banned. Behold, the ultimate adrenaline and testosterone machines ... the legendary Group B rally cars...

Last edited:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I think that the new duke looks far better than the old one. Looks somewhat like the SuperDuke.
Yes,the previous 390 was the carbon copy of 200.....
Something that i didn't like,this one looks exclusive and feels bigger.

The LED headlights are stunning

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Nice!:) You certainly have a thing for camera angles
I met the powerdrift crew this year in Delhi and at race,they tutored me how to take great pics with not so great equipment.

Camera angle is the only decisive factor,later you can edit it.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles