Cars & Bikes - Automotive Discussion Thread

Krusty

Country flag
Today,i may get my hands on a ninja H2...........

I have ridden it already on the track and on the highway,the bike has torque and power both for straight line performance añd gear ratios are good too but the bike is heavy,it is not a bike for track purpose.
H2 and H2R are both for bragging rights .... it's a PR and Marketing statement more than anything else. For all real world intents and purposes they have the zx10r....

Krusty

Country flag
Btw @aditya10r @captscooby81, I just got to know about TVS Akula. Is it really happening? I find it hard to believe the production version will look anything like this..

IMG_3718.JPG

Is it confirmed? Looks absolutely beautiful.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Image looks to be altered to decrease resolution. Guessing Iphone 7 Or equivalent ..... phone
Wrong............Its a canon digital camera.

My phone is out of service.
Btw @aditya10r @captscooby81, I just got to know about TVS Akula. Is it really happening? I find it hard to believe the production version will look anything like this..

View attachment 16337

Is it confirmed? Looks absolutely beautiful.
Yes its going to happen and TVS is preparing for the launch.

Krusty

Country flag
It will look like this,no carbon fibre bits and no slip ons
Wow.. they just let people photograph a fully camo'd pre-launch test bike? One guy even hopped on!

Anyway it looks amazing nonetheless. Can't wait to see it in the flesh. Genuinely good effort. Late Mr. T.V.Sundaram sir would be proud.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Many people consider themselves to be a pro rider who can handle anything properly but they are not really that and they only realize it when they get in a crash or they die.

I met a girl last day in bodhgaya,she told me how her fiance died on a ktm duke 390.
He and his bike got slammed in a bus and bike burst into flames.This happened last year.

She goes on to tell everyone that ktm bikes are death traps,people will die on this bike only.
She asked me to throw my bike away.

@captscooby81 you told me something similar about it???

Down south people think KTM's are death traps

Krusty

Country flag
Many people consider themselves to be a pro rider who can handle anything properly but they are not really that and they only realize it when they get in a crash or they die.

I met a girl last day in bodhgaya,she told me how her fiance died on a ktm duke 390.
He and his bike got slammed in a bus and bike burst into flames.This happened last year.

She goes on to tell everyone that ktm bikes are death traps,people will die on this bike only.

I'd confidently say 99.9% of Indian riders/drivers are really REALLY bad at riding/driving. Forget being pro. When I was in Finland, I got a taste of how their government awards driving licences. It can take upto six months since you start your driving test before officials qualify you as worthy of holding a license. I was staggered at the sheer number of scenarios where people are put to test as to how they handle a car/bike. There are the usual dry road tests, and wet road and snow tests. In each category, the car is made to lose grip and slide on purpose and the person taking the test is awarded points on how he reacts and brings the car to a stop. There is another fourth test category where two wheels are on dry road and two wheels are on soaking wet tarmac. Hard braking is done and points are awarded on how the guy manages to hold the car in line. Again the car is forced to lose traction and the person is expected to react. They know the concepts of power on, power off, they feel the car going lighter and the grip disappear. The mere driving license test was like a pro rally training session wtf. I didn't even drive to get my license in India . The inspector just told me to go get my car. When I arrived he gave me a pass lol.

Btw I never heard any such complaints about KTM not sure about the current trend. My Cousin has an RC200 and he's very happy about it. In fairness he also bit the dirt once in the bike though. But he loves it.

Last edited:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I'd confidently say 99.9% of Indian riders/drivers are really REALLY bad at riding/driving. Forget being pro. When I was in Finland, I got a taste of how their government awards driving licences. It can take upto six months since you start your driving test before officials qualify you as worthy of holding a license. I was staggered at the sheer number of scenarios where people are put to test as to how they handle a car/bike. There are the usual dry road tests, and wet road and snow tests. In each category, the car is made to lose grip and slide on purpose and the person taking the test is awarded points on how he reacts and brings the car to a stop. There is another fourth test category where two wheels are on dry road and two wheels are on soaking wet tarmac. Hard braking is done and points are awarded on how the guy manages to hold the car in line. Again the car is forced to lose traction and the person is expected to react. They know the concepts of power on, power off, they feel the car going lighter and the grip disappear. The mere driving license test was like a pro rally training session wtf. I didn't even drive to get my license in India . The inspector just told me to go get my car. When I arrived he gave me a pass lol.

Btw I never heard any such complaints about KTM not sure about the current trend. My Cousin has an RC200 and he's very happy about it. In fairness he also bit the dirt once in the bike though. But he loves it.
Thats the exact point.Most of the people dont know how to ride a bike properly.When i showed my pics at tracks and superbikes,my grandpa said these bikes are destined to crash.

Another problem is that most of the people use rear brakes mostly,but the right technique is to use the front brake.

armyofhind

Country flag

Duke 390 is one of the safest bikes in India. Especially the new model. With the 320mm front piston and ABS as standard.

But yes.. it is definitely NOT a beginners bike.
I tried it on the Expressway.. the thing reaches 80kmph on second gear.

Novice riders don't give thought to that fact and buy such a powerful bike right at the start to show off.
They don't know how to modulate the speed.. and most of the people I've seen riding dukes do so without any gear.. no jacket.. no helmet.. no gloves.. in chappals. On top of that.. they ride it like a true squid.. throwing the bike around on traffic weaving in and out without following any traffic rules. An accident is just waiting to happen then.

Motorcycles are driven 95% on anticipation.. the braking is there only in case of emergencies. And that anticipation takes time to build up. People don't realize it.
I now find my eyes continuously moving all over the road and vehicles especially when I'm nearing a junction or turn. Earlier I just used to look straight ahead.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Duke 390 is one of the safest bikes in India. Especially the new model. With the 320mm front piston and ABS as standard.

But yes.. it is definitely NOT a beginners bike.
I tried it on the Expressway.. the thing reaches 80kmph on second gear.

Novice riders don't give thought to that fact and buy such a powerful bike right at the start to show off.
They don't know how to modulate the speed.. and most of the people I've seen riding dukes do so without any gear.. no jacket.. no helmet.. no gloves.. in chappals. On top of that.. they ride it like a true squid.. throwing the bike around on traffic weaving in and out without following any traffic rules. An accident is just waiting to happen then.

Motorcycles are driven 95% on anticipation.. the braking is there only in case of emergencies. And that anticipation takes time to build up. People don't realize it.
I now find my eyes continuously moving all over the road and vehicles especially when I'm nearing a junction or turn. Earlier I just used to look straight ahead.
There is no question that KTM 390 series is the safest bike in india.No bike offers metzeler tyres as stock,proper abs,320mm simtel padded brakes along with bybre 4 pot radially mounted calipers.

No body takes their life seriously.Nobody wears helmet let alone gloves and jackets.

I am not bragging about myself but i am possibly the best and safest rider in bihar.Unless people dont start respecting their lives they will die

captscooby81

Country flag
The problem is not with the machine its with the man above riding it..Well i just saw my one of youngest cousin getting a Duke 390 guess what this is his first bike ..Well i just pray that he rides safe ..The coordination you need to ride a bike is much more higher than what you need to drive a car ..Because a slightest of the touch will throw you in the road in a car you can take a hit and still walk home with your ribs safe ..

Not sure why parents are getting kids first bike such powerful ones ..For a person like me who had hands on bikes like Rx100,Shogun,KB125,Rajdoot in school days i know what it take to learn how to handle power ..

Sad about that girl and her BF ..But its not purely the bike fault ..

When i was riding to leh i was almost stead in 80+ from delhi and all the way upto patnitop 600+kms non stop in 10 hours i had crossed so much traffic only thing which saved me was my eyes glued to the road and i was always anticipating an accident every time i see a vehicle in far and i used to control my speed and braking according to it ..

Well coming to this riding of zig zag inside city traffics its nothing more than plain rush of hormones to commit a suicide ...i don t feel any machoism in doing that apart from risking your own life ..

captscooby81

Country flag
Yup this is with technological colobration from the Kraut BMWs so hopefully the performance is good and also the reliability part ...Waiting to get my hands on the No fairing Street bike version ....

Wow.. they just let people photograph a fully camo'd pre-launch test bike? One guy even hopped on!

Anyway it looks amazing nonetheless. Can't wait to see it in the flesh. Genuinely good effort. Late Mr. T.V.Sundaram sir would be proud.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
The problem is not with the machine its with the man above riding it..Well i just saw my one of youngest cousin getting a Duke 390 guess what this is his first bike ..Well i just pray that he rides safe ..The coordination you need to ride a bike is much more higher than what you need to drive a car ..Because a slightest of the touch will throw you in the road in a car you can take a hit and still walk home with your ribs safe ..

Not sure why parents are getting kids first bike such powerful ones ..For a person like me who had hands on bikes like Rx100,Shogun,KB125,Rajdoot in school days i know what it take to learn how to handle power ..

Sad about that girl and her BF ..But its not purely the bike fault ..

When i was riding to leh i was almost stead in 80+ from delhi and all the way upto patnitop 600+kms non stop in 10 hours i had crossed so much traffic only thing which saved me was my eyes glued to the road and i was always anticipating an accident every time i see a vehicle in far and i used to control my speed and braking according to it ..

Well coming to this riding of zig zag inside city traffics its nothing more than plain rush of hormones to commit a suicide ...i don t feel any machoism in doing that apart from risking your own life ..
Most of the people who i know died in auto crashes have died mostly because of their faults........
No denying that and her BF was no different.I ride my 390 everyday and never i have come close to any crash.I feel more confident on this bike than any other bike and to your cousin,ask him to ride a cycle properly or someday the family will have to mourn for him.

Man you should take the manali route for ladakh trip,it is much better than delhi-srinagar one.

Krusty

Country flag
For a person like me who had hands on bikes like Rx100,Shogun,KB125,Rajdoot in school days i know what it take to learn how to handle power ..
:hail::hail::hail:
Wah re Wah.... awesome 2 stroke candy land... Suzuki shogun is one of my all time Favourite bikes! Where is the 70s beast (Yamaha rd350/350LC)? That thing will easily show its tail lights even to the bikes on sale today. What a beast! 350cc 47bhp 2 stroke nirvana
IMG_3720.JPG
IMG_3719.JPG

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles