Cars & Bikes - Automotive Discussion Thread

Krusty

Country flag
@aditya10r have you seen the latest 1290 Super duke R? I just saw one and it's sexy as heck! And apparently it has enough torque to jump start an aircraft carrier ...
IMG_3700.JPG

And I do like the exhaust note.. unlike the common and the boring inline four bangers..

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
@aditya10r have you seen the latest 1290 Super duke R? I just saw one and it's sexy as heck! And apparently it has enough torque to jump start an aircraft carrier ...
View attachment 16204
And I do like the exhaust note.. unlike the common and the boring inline four bangers..
In terms of acceleration Ducati 1299 is the best,I HAVE CLOCKED 2.61s .........................

This is my best so far..............................................................

captscooby81

Country flag
@Project Dharma @Razor You guys have one more person Kraut hater now :laugh:

@Krusty one more person who don't appreciate the beauty of german engineering o_O

Germans are Bad, Very Bad, Asserts Trump, Ranting About Their Car Exports to the US

US President Donald Trump is angry, very angry at the Germans, as they are apparently “bad, very bad!” If some reports are to be believed, the temperamental US President allegedly reprimanded Germany for having a massive imbalance in trade with his country, especially with regards to cars. The American president apparently went on to threaten Germany on putting an end to the country’s healthy car exports to the U.S.

“The Germans are bad, very bad… Look at the millions of cars they sell in the US. We will stop this” Mr. Trump reportedly said.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

@Krusty one more person who don't appreciate the beauty of german engineering o_O

Germans are Bad, Very Bad, Asserts Trump, Ranting About Their Car Exports to the US

US President Donald Trump is angry, very angry at the Germans, as they are apparently “bad, very bad!” If some reports are to be believed, the temperamental US President allegedly reprimanded Germany for having a massive imbalance in trade with his country, especially with regards to cars. The American president apparently went on to threaten Germany on putting an end to the country’s healthy car exports to the U.S.

“The Germans are bad, very bad… Look at the millions of cars they sell in the US. We will stop this” Mr. Trump reportedly said.

I am a Trump fan now. Gotta hate the krauts. Compulsory for me.

Krusty

Country flag
In terms of acceleration Ducati 1299 is the best,I HAVE CLOCKED 2.61s .........................

This is my best so far..............................................................
I was talking just about the torque. The rediculous pull you get from any speed in any gear . The Super duke produces more torque than the panigale...

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I was talking just about the torque. The rediculous pull you get from any speed in any gear . The Super duke produces more torque than the panigale...
Torque curve matters more along with tyres and the length of the swingarm(panigale has bigger swingarm,larger swingarm sends more power to the rear wheel).

Then you have aerodynamics and gear ratios(dukes have the shortest gear ratios of all)

This is the torque curve of a panigale,clearly the torque in the mid and the higher revs is great,great acceleration.

Another thing is ducati has mastered v-twins,they breath better and climb faster and the power band is also very wide delivering amazing acceleration.

The panigale is lighter too.

This is the torque curve of the superduke,the power band is not very wide,the gear ratios help it acheive a good acceleration but they are bogged down by the nature of engine that it is not comfortable at higher revs.

You better ride this bike around 7k-8k rpm.

Ducati 1299 panigale r weighs just 190kgs and the superduke weighs 215 kgs.

Krusty

Country flag

He's just pissed off even Americans don't buy as many American cars as they do German. German cars are what everyone wants quite simply because they are awesome. And Trump as we know probably read an article on trade with Germany so he just randomly chose words and said it , you know, that stuff he does when he sees a mic in front of his face.. akin to how a dog reacts to a rubber bone :pound:

Edit:
IMG_3703.JPG

Last edited:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

The best ducati i have ridden to date.................................................................................................

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
He's just pissed off even Americans don't buy as many American cars as they do German. German cars are what everyone wants quite simply because they are awesome. And Trump as we know probably read an article on trade with Germany so he just randomly chose words and said it , you know, that stuff he does when he sees a mic in front of his face.. akin to how a dog reacts to a rubber bone :pound:

Edit:
View attachment 16249
Haters gonna hate.
magamagamagamagamagamagamaga

PS: I think you meant "japanese cars are awesome."
You're welcome.

Krusty

Country flag
Haters gonna hate.
magamagamagamagamagamagamaga

PS: I think you meant "japanese cars are awesome."
You're welcome.
Sir I give credit where it's due. Japanese make perhaps the best affordable cars. I don't hate on mangamobiles . It's my belief that the
2JZ and RB3x series are among the most indestructible engines ever built.

Krusty

Country flag
Torque curve matters more along with tyres and the length of the swingarm(panigale has bigger swingarm,larger swingarm sends more power to the rear wheel).

Then you have aerodynamics and gear ratios(dukes have the shortest gear ratios of all)

This is the torque curve of a panigale,clearly the torque in the mid and the higher revs is great,great acceleration.

Another thing is ducati has mastered v-twins,they breath better and climb faster and the power band is also very wide delivering amazing acceleration.

The panigale is lighter too.

This is the torque curve of the superduke,the power band is not very wide,the gear ratios help it acheive a good acceleration but they are bogged down by the nature of engine that it is not comfortable at higher revs.

You better ride this bike around 7k-8k rpm.

Ducati 1299 panigale r weighs just 190kgs and the superduke weighs 215 kgs.
Factual, but you are comparing two very different engines intended for very different purposes. Besides, even in the Super sports catagory, Ducati is cheating. Everyone else has 999cc while Ducati has 1285. BTW Honda is hinting on reviving V twin for its Super bike.. interesting times ahead

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Sir I give credit where it's due. Japanese make perhaps the best affordable cars. I don't hate on mangamobiles . It's my belief that the
2JZ and RB3x series are among the most indestructible engines ever built.
Dude you take all the fun out of trolling.
:(

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Factual, but you are comparing two very different engines intended for very different purposes. Besides, even in the Super sports catagory, Ducati is cheating. Everyone else has 999cc while Ducati has 1285. BTW Honda is hinting on reviving V twin for its Super bike.. interesting times ahead
Arey bhai,v-twins cannot rev high because of larger bore,but inline 4 cyl engines can due to smaller cylinders and dimensions.....................
Inline engines rev upto 18000rpm but twins rev upto 12000-13000 rpm.

V twins accelerate faster,inline achieve higher top speed.

Honda should come up with V4 engine,we need one.Aprilia is expensive as fuck.

Krusty

Country flag
Dude you take all the fun out of trolling.
:(
I say again, if either the japs or the yanks were to build cars like Europeans normally do, they also will be mind blowingly expensive. Eg: LFA and the latest ford GT. both of which starts at 400k$... :hail:a Ferrari F12 (even an Aventador) which costs half will smoke them both while attracting more chicks

Krusty

Country flag
Arey bhai,v-twins cannot rev high because of larger bore,but inline 4 cyl engines can due to smaller cylinders and dimensions.....................
Inline engines rev upto 18000rpm but twins rev upto 12000-13000 rpm.

V twins accelerate faster,inline achieve higher top speed.

Honda should come up with V4 engine,we need one.Aprilia is expensive as fuck.
Yep, v twins rev lower but the bigger bore ensures rediculous torque advantage which translates into instantaneous acceleration.

Why v4? Bring on the v twin and battle it out with the Italians! Besides, Honda is no stranger to v twin Super bikes. But they took the moral route and went for a 999cc vtwin...
IMG_3705.JPG

Edit: I have been a fan of aprillia ever since I saw max Biaggi race an aprillia 250. Aprillia and MV are imo far more beautiful than ducatis..

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Yep, v twins rev lower but the bigger bore ensures rediculous torque advantage which translates into instantaneous acceleration.

Why v4? Bring on the v twin and battle it out with the Italians! Besides, Honda is no stranger to v twin Super bikes. But they took the moral route and went for a 999cc vtwin...
View attachment 16253

Edit: I have been a fan of aprillia ever since I saw max Biaggi race an aprillia 250. Aprillia and MV are imo far more beautiful than ducatis..
The v type config makes sure when the other 2 cylinders are sucking air or kicking smoke out the other 2 are either taking fuel and air in or produce the bang(in case of 4 stroke motors)...

The smaller cylinders ensure bike has a strong top end and the v engine config makes sure bike has a strong accelerating punch.Helps very much in the corner exit.
The v4 engine configs provide a compact engine and making room for a longer swingarm.

This is the torque curve of the aprilia rsv4.This combined with closely stacked gear ratios,it can set tracks on fire.

This is the kind of power delivery i look in a bike,linear power delivery so that you can modulate the throttle.
Forgiving and fun.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

View attachment 16253

THE HONDA NSR500---THE MOST SUCCESSFUL RACE WINNING MACHINE EVER MADE IN HUMAN HISTORY.

2 Strokes are fun to ride-no question about it,the constant bang,light weight motors,ability to run on worse form of petrol.Ahhhhhhhhh

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles