Captured Terrorist Weapons by Indian Army

valleyosint

Country flag
Any idea about the last (silver) AK?

It's for sure a Darra gun. It's patterned on a krinkov but it's also part underfolder, which is kinda interesting. Just looking at the front end, it also looks like it isn't a Chinese AK since it has open sight hood and a slant brake. Pretty unique gun

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Any idea about the last (silver) AK?

Just one of the custom-made 7.62x25mm// .30 cal "SMG" variant of kalashnikov from Darra, magazines for it show in the red rectangular part
1617132492124.png

These pattern of kalashikov-derived 'SMGs' are quite common in darra market and they are available in quite different varieties, i mean,
1617132649548.png

from "M16" variant to "small" AK to "normal AK" and what not, some are even built upon fullsized AKs like this particular example in pic below which is build using Hungarian AMD-63
1617132714576.png

Anyway,this particular one that's captured is this one, they just seem to have sand-blasted the receiver to give it shiney metallic polish
1617132940376.png

Here it is, seems the owner of this particular one put a small railed section on it, notice tiny drum magazie for it lol
1617132960093.png

I kinda wonder if these are gas operated firearms or simple blowblack operated one, as for small pistol caliber round like 7.62x25mm it might not require a gas system to cycle it, simple-straight blowback would be enough.

MisraZ

Country flag
Just one of the custom-made 7.62x25mm// .30 cal "SMG" variant of kalashnikov from Darra, magazines for it show in the red rectangular part
View attachment 83322

These pattern of kalashikov-derived 'SMGs' are quite common in darra market and they are available in quite different varieties, i mean,
View attachment 83324
from "M16" variant to "small" AK to "normal AK" and what not, some are even built upon fullsized AKs like this particular example in pic below which is build using Hungarian AMD-63
View attachment 83325
Anyway,this particular one that's captured is this one, they just seem to have sand-blasted the receiver to give it shiney metallic polish
View attachment 83326
Here it is, seems the owner of this particular one put a small railed section on it, notice tiny drum magazie for it lol
View attachment 83327

I kinda wonder if these are gas operated firearms or simple blowblack operated one, as for small pistol caliber round like 7.62x25mm it might not require a gas system to cycle it, simple-straight blowback would be enough.
There are 4 norinco star pistols, can anyone identify other 3 esp. the 1st one. 2 of them have oversized grips and look like old colt models.

valleyosint

Country flag
View attachment 83322

View attachment 83324
View attachment 83325
View attachment 83326
View attachment 83327

Some of the smiths actually have the capability to nickle plate, or otherwise metal plate, gun parts. It looks like OPs example is one of the plated versions, while yours with the drum looks painted.

valleyosint

Country flag
There are 4 norinco star pistols, can anyone identify other 3 esp. the 1st one. 2 of them have oversized grips and look like old colt models.
Well the brown handled (one on the left) looks to me like a bad copy of the Norinco type 54, which is a copy of the Soviet TT-33. The other 4 you identified seem much better made, or are the real deal
1441454253.jpeg

The next one over to the right looks almost like a SIG p210 or maybe a really awful copy of the POF PK-9 (a Beretta 92 copy itself). The last option is a bad Chinese CF-98/Type 92/QSZ-92 copy. If someone can ID that pistol as a real gun I'll give you a virtual handshake.
600px-SIG_210-2_(6825677804).jpeg
unnamed-10.png
unnamed.png
type 92:qsz-92.jpeg

Above: Type 92/QSZ-92, below CF-98 civilian model
cf-98, 9mm.jpeg

The last gun is a common Darra style where they are trying to copy high-end competition shooting pistols with the lightening cuts, comp holes, high-flash finishes, and so on. Darra pistol first, real one second. The other likely option is that they're copying the Turkish Zigana Pistol which looks just like our mystery gun. The Zigana is also in that market of trying to emulate higher end competition guns
unnamed-1.png
post-12567-1196802168.jpeg

t-sa-zigana-weapon-pistol-cz-75-png-favpng-ns3pKUXS4TnZ0Hp1eJ96v6Jnf.jpeg

Last edited:

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Well the brown handled (one on the left) looks to me like a bad copy of the Norinco type 54, which is a copy of the Soviet TT-33. The other 4 you identified seem much better made, or are the real deal View attachment 83415

The next one over to the right looks almost like a SIG p210 or maybe a really awful copy of the POF PK-9 (a Beretta 92 copy itself). The last option is a bad Chinese CF-98/Type 92/QSZ-92 copy. If someone can ID that pistol as a real gun I'll give you a virtual handshake. View attachment 83416View attachment 83417View attachment 83418View attachment 83419
Above: Type 92/QSZ-92, below CF-98 civilian model
View attachment 83420

The last gun is a common Darra style where they are trying to copy high-end competition shooting pistols with the lightening cuts, comp holes, high-flash finishes, and so on. Darra pistol first, real one second. The other likely option is that they're copying the Turkish Zigana Pistol which looks just like our mystery gun. The Zigana is also in that market of trying to emulate higher end competition guns View attachment 83421View attachment 83422
View attachment 83423
Well all of them are Tokarevs, the one with thicker frame that kinda looks like SIG P210 is also a second hand copy of Torakev with different style of pistol grip and so,
rest for Zigana itself well it's also a Tokarev derivative here, the one shown here is this one,called Zigana (or Zigana 2) .30 bore pistol there

so in one way or other all of them are Tokarevs, some are direct copies, some are derivatives.

valleyosint

Country flag
The Chinese tokarev is by far the most common handgun so it makes sense everything is a derivative. The one we all seem to be confused by is that vaguely SIG looking one, i'm still not sure it's supposed to be a tokarev

Global Defence

Articles