Camouflages and Uniforms of the Indian Armed Forces, The Past, Present and Future

abingdonboy

Country flag
They had a chance to make a once in a generation revamp here- move rank patches to the chest like every other major nation, get some functionality in the uniform etc but they went for this very very conservative approach, guess we will have to wait for the 2040s

abingdonboy

Country flag
Does the job I’d say, breaks up the profile

Not convinced about being untucked other than to emulate the pakis who themselves emulate the Americans.

won’t Allow hip holsters and most frontline western units have combat shirts that they tuck in so what’s gained here?

Just hope they don’t continue with all their trinkets (bright ranks, medals, ribbons, badges etc) but I fear that mindset is entirely unchanged

FalconZero

Country flag
I haven't color corrected it, i have armasen's pic to color correct the soldier maybe i will use him for the reference in next case. Most like it is a GODspeak (Gems of DFI hehe) and will end up in GOD thread but posting here anyway.

Soldiers in region of Thar!
I used the nearby references like cars, people at distant to scale the size of the soldiers and if you see the middle pic they seem good for such cases. Don't know much about something distant so on.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Ya'll Nibbiars most want the shirt to be tuck in.

I am sorry Haldi but I glad it’s not tucked in at last the Indian Army got rid of that. Disappointed that Ranks weren’t moved to the chest and all badges and patches not been subdued and matching the Camo Pattern.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles