BrahMos Cruise Missile

IndianHawk

Country flag
Well, Su-30MKI also has advantage over Tejas Mk2 on range and weapon loading both of which are quite critical in the war against China. These are the two of the reasons that Rafael won the contract.

Meanwhile, don't forget that Chinese J-10C (>100 in service) already has RCS, BVR and EW advantage over Su-30MKI now according to Chinese. So, what basically what Tejas Mk2 needs to bring in is not only bridging the gap between J-10C and Su-30MKI, but also dramatically superiority over Chinese J-10C replacement in future.
Lmao j10 ew better than su30mki . In which fantasy land!! Show us the power budget available for ew on su30 and j10 . Not to forget j10 has Israeli and French components which are decades ahead of whatever crap even j20 has. Lol. Chinese are funny people.

Secondly more than half of your j10 fleet is unavailable according to multiple nato reports which are at your doorstep. Lol. First correct it.

no smoking

Country flag
Range is useless in air combat unless you have bvr,radar advantage
Really?
Longer range means big tactic maneuver room;
Longer range means your jets can deployed far from enemy's threat;
Longer range means you can put more enemy's land under your threat;
Longer range means longer combat hour in one mission which provides the pilot more options;
Longer range provide better chance for pilot survival.

Air combat is not computer game: I have a better radar, so I detect you first. Then my bvr is better, so you are dead for sure.

Su30 has old pesa based radars and mk2 would have GaN based AESA radar
The problem is not how better Tejas Mk2 is than Su-30.
The question is how better Tejas Mk2 could be than Chinese jet at the time when Tejas Mk2 enters service.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Meanwhile, don't forget that Chinese J-10C (>100 in service) already has RCS, BVR and EW advantage over Su-30MKI now according to Chinese.
Says who ? According to Chinese ? :pound:

Nobody believes Chinese brain farts, except for Chinese .

Now eat your own medicine.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Really?
Longer range means big tactic maneuver room;
Longer range means your jets can deployed far from enemy's threat;
Longer range means you can put more enemy's land under your threat;
Longer range means longer combat hour in one mission which provides the pilot more options;
Longer range provide better chance for pilot survival.

Air combat is not computer game: I have a better radar, so I detect you first. Then my bvr is better, so you are dead for sure.
Really ?

Air combat is not computer game: I have a better range radar , so big tactic maneuver room I detect you first. Then my range bvr is better, so I safe from threat you are dead for sure.

Air combat is not computer game: I have a better range radar, so I put more enemy land under threat detect you first. Then my range bvr is better, so I more options you are dead for sure.

Moral of the story - don't dig your own grave .

All these so called advantages won't matter much if the opponent is capable enough to nullify the so called advantages.

So first learn to heed own advice - Air combat is not computer game.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles