Arjun vs T90 MBT

sayareakd

Country flag
I have a life beyond the internet.

Your pathetic attempt at sarcasm is lost on me since you are merely quoting facts here.

These were posted repeatedly by many others, "greater mortals" only need to keep posting the same thing over and over again for simpletons to understand. So, here goes.

T-90

T-72B
You can apply this to the T-90

Arjun facts,

Now compare to a tank like Leo2. Look at what's been marked in green for Arjun and check what's there on Leo 2 at the same place.
This is what Arjun should have been in order to be equivalent to the T-90.

Now look at the pic of the Abrams (green). This is what Arjun should have been for it to be better than the T-90. But looking at the above, it isn't even equivalent to the T-90, let alone better.

Let's even forget the fact that the T-90 comes with ERA equipped over the armour while Arjun only has it in prototype form.

It doesn't get any simpler that this.

this will clarify things. Crew is well protected even as per your drawing if you compare with the pic i just posted

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

this picture posted by@ http://sayaraekd shows the crew compartment ends well before the turret end.

So all the angle of attack lines drawn on the drawing of METHOS and DAMIAn are not relevant in discussing the arjun vulnerability.

Last edited:

Anonymouse

Country flag
Notice where crew compartment ends in turret. Of the 2 holes in turret, commander sits in top and gunner in bottom in picture. The driver hole can be seen just below gun.

Anonymouse

Country flag
You can see composite armor thickness of front chassis in the open access hole.

Anonymouse

Country flag
Side view, shows how the turret frontal armor nicely goes in an angle and blends into turret hole.

Anonymouse

Country flag
ERA protection has improved crew compartment protection in mark ii.

From Ajai Shukla.

Damian

This tread is a monstroity, when fanboys start to write and do not wait to others to answer, so I wonder if this is old good tactic of fanboys... to shout as loud as possible, to prevent any answer. :facepalm:

But first things firts.

finally I have found a pix of 2004 model Arjun which shows that side protrusions were not present in it than.
No Bang For The Buck | Saikat Datta
I hope this will put to rest all this debate.
Well definetly Decklander needs eyeglasses, if he do not see that behind side turret as he call them protrusions, there are storage boxes installed. If this is prototype, then it present final or near final production configuration for Mk1.

Seriously, I am not Indian and I know it better than him... what a shame.

Ok, na that second kid. The Arjun side turret armor thickness.

Many will ask, how to get a knowledge about tanks armor, without being in a tank personally, nothing more simple, you just need good exterior and interior photos.

Someone might ask, however, why on these photos like one of our dear fanboys said, there is space between man standing in hatches and the turret edge.

We can see the huge space between the man standing and the side turret wall in these pictures. the point to clarify is whether any variable thickness plate is there on the side or not?

The real turret thickness is known, but what we have here? A simple storage boxes.

Now compare tha last photo and storage boxes placement, with photos above. And the answer is clear.

Damian

So obviously:

Blue = strong.
Red = weak.
Orange = slightly weaker protected zone, typical for all tanks, made by main sight or gun mantled.

Explanation. The Arjun Mk1 have addition orange/slightly weaker protected zone, because it have a main gunner sight, placed in the front armor "window", it makes armor there less protective. Very similiar problem had Leopard 2, which was more or less eliminated by the KWS upgrade program from variant A5 to A7. M1 series and T-90S have sights placed on the turret roof, behind frontal armor, so such problem do not exist.

Anonymouse

Country flag
Damian, I can only wish India's enemies are as smart & as intelligent as you. :rofl:

Last post from me.

Damian

My post is not meant to be hostile for Indians, but to show, where are obvious weak zones, and where improvements are nececary. Otherwise some tank crew might pay in their blood.

Damian

As we can see, here is also some space for improvements.

Global Defence

Articles