Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT) Mark II

Austin

Any idea what causes the weight for Arjun Mk2 to be 68 T , If Mk2 without mine plough is 62.5 T then does the mine plough weighs 5.5 T ?
Ok Found some answers to my question

The Mine Plough weighs 1.5 T and its from pearsons

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sUZukLj2S...ss/zOrQaj5R8W0/s1600/TWMP+for+Arjun+MBT-1.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NnG8X4O5z...s0/_AN0nneHCh8/s1600/TWMP+for+Arjun+MBT-2.jpg

So weight without the Mine Plough will be 66.5 T for Arjun Mk2 ......what other additional weight gains over Mk1 ?

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
First:

second:

Where is the weld line at the 380 mm distance you quoted(at the back of the blue rectangle drawn by you)?

With out weld lines how will people insert composite armor?

100 percent you are wrong,

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
99% not. Arhun don;'t replicate here Leo-2A4 armour layout.
Those small periscope in toreet rof is not INISDE armour cavity (as in Leo-2A4) but after it's backplate. So armour after main sight is ending on this persicope.

If the small periscope in not inside armor cavity,Why is the weld line 300 mm behind it?

If your idea is correct then the weld line should be infront of the periscope,

not 300 mm behind the periscope,

So you are proved wrong once again,
Becouse it will explain those persicope question definetly. Based on other photos (interior captured on video) I can sye that armour ends BEFORE periscope...

Most of your previous drawings have been proved to be completely false by me, So no point in harking back to your wrong drawings again

Yes, im 99% sure that Kunal's left shoe is not standing on backplate. The backplate is ending in one line whit periscope.

As usual you are 100 percent wrong , since there is no weld line on the top of back plate (in front of the periscope)as per your idea, indicating you are completely wrong
ps. [Kunal could You mesure your pocked by ruler between those two blue thinks under zipper? It will reduce error.
Im not sure if your pocket is 13,5 or 17cm long. It will change a lot.

No one asked for your opinion about LEO- ARJUN similarity,

Since you never know anything about arjun , there is no point in professing your unsolicited opinion on the similarities or otherwise about Arjun and LEO,

Where is the weld line for the composite armor in front of the periscope?

The back plate and the weld line are supposed to be on the same horizontal line?

In fact there is no weld line on the turret top anywhere across it's width, on the 380 mm distance (end of blue rectangle )you marked in front of the periscope, Can't you accept it or not?

The weld line is only under Kunal's left boot, Can't you see such a simple thing?

If that weld line under Kunal's left boot is not for composite armor cavity ,

then what is the purpose of the weld line?

There is another weld line left of Kunal's left boot, indicating stepped armor further beyond the one under Kunal's left boot, But lets not go into that now,

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

I take wrong lenght of this pocket. As I understand is circa 14cm as it's marked on photo? (those red line along pocket).
Your first yellow line falls on the weld line,

your second yellow line too should also fall on the second weld line, if you apply the same logic ,

But you are drawing your second yellow line in a place where there are no weld lines!!!!!!

Why?

How can the armor back plate inside the turret ,can be positioned on a place over which there is no weld line for composite armor?

even if you extend your second yellow line across the entire turret of Arjun , you can not find a single weld line on it,

WHY?

For all other tanks in the world weld lines are supposed to mark the start and end of armor cavity,

But in case of ARJUN it is not? How come such a strange piece of logic can be applied for Arjun alone?

Another weld line just behind the red hook indicates the stepped composite armor design is employed in Arjun

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
side armour estimate.

so side armour whould be about 60mm, which gives protection against russian 30mm,
although perspective distortion of the bag makes this measure uncertain.
side armour could be up to 80mm thick.
this is not taking into account the stowage bins, which should consist of sheet metal about 5mm thick.
the outer armour, dunno what it is or how thick it is.
If we scale both the photos to the proper size, we can see all the conclusions drawn are absolutely wrong!!!!

Because in my opinion the red and yellow circles inboth the pictures are,

at roughly the same distance from the camera,

In Kunal's case it must be around 4 feet below the camera,

And in the bottom photo also it should atleast be 4 feet away from the camera,

So how can the difference between them vary to such a large extent in both the photos?

Last edited:

Dejawolf

If that weld line under Kunal's left boot is not for composite armor cavity ,

then what is the purpose of the weld line?
[/B]

There is another weld line left of Kunal's left boot, indicating stepped armor further beyond the one under Kunal's left boot, But lets not go into that now,
the weld line is where the front angled armour plates are welded to the flat roof. from other images you can see the the angle stops at the first weld, your so-called "composite armour" line, and not the second.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

looks close enough to me.
If I too am allowed to zoom two different photos to two different magnification levels ,

I can match the dimensions of any two objects in the world , like you are doing here,

While it may satisfy our argumentative needs, it is not the correct way to compare,

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Excellent job Kunal,

Your photos have proved conclusively all the so called weak side armor , weak behind the main sight theories propounded here for most of the last year as completely idiotic
i specifically asked is the new side armor tool box, answer was NO.

methos

Country flag

The red marked area seems to be a detachable container for some sort of liquid. Do they store additional fuel or oil there?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It is my assumption that it can be just simple water, Water is a very important source in desert for the crew and other tanks dont have such facility ..

The internal fuel is now some where else in the hull, And rest is same as MK1 ..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
new top secret liquid armor.
Liquid armour to protect troops
Vijay Mohan
Tribune News Service

Chandigarh, August 6
In a radical departure from conventional bullet-resistant materials for providing personal protection to troops, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is developing "liquid armour" for use in bullet-proof jackets.

Liquid armour is a material that remains in a state of a thick liquid or jelly under normal conditions, but changes its viscosity - it hardens under pressure or impact. Also called shear thickening fluid, it is composed of synthetic and nano particles of silica and metallic elements.

The project is being undertaken by DRDO's Terminal Ballistics Research Laboratory (TBRL) in collaboration with National Chemicals Limited (NCL), a laboratory based in Pune under the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research and the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), New Delhi. A meeting between senior representatives of the three establishments was held at TBRL here today to launch the project.

TBRL Director Dr Manjit Singh said each establishment has a defined role in the project to develop and validate the technology and the final product in the form of the bullet-proof jacket would be fabricated at TBRL. The project is expected to take about four years, he added.

So far, only the US and the UK have developed technology demonstrator versions of the liquid armour. Commercial production is stated to be still some way off as more research and development work is required to be done.

Liquid armour would have several advantages in terms of weight and effectiveness over the existing metallic or ceramic bullet-resistant material used in the present generation of personal protection outfits.

According to available literature on the subject, a traditional bullet-proof vest contains 31 layers of Kevlar and the impact of the bullet is concentrated over a small area, causing deep linear indentation and trauma. A liquid armour vest, on the other hand, would have 10 layers of Kevlar with the liquid material between each layer.

A bullet hitting it would harden the liquid and the impact would be absorbed and spread laterally over a wider area. Standard bullet-proof vests use thick and heavy layered plates of Kevlar or composites that restrict movement and enhance fatigue. Liquid armour jackets would be lighter, more flexible and easy to use, providing greater protection with less weight.

Besides personal protection, liquid armour could have other applications where weight and flexibility matter.
The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Nation

rajsking

Country flag
It just shows, making measurement from pictures are not that accurate ..

The actual size is 13.5cm from blue to blue part, Some getting 15 / 14 etc .. :)
I believe it should be 15+3.5 = 18.5
you must have taken it as 10+3.5 = 13.5

If the curved distance is around 18.5 - straight line distance should be 16.5-17 approx

Archer

Country flag
the weld line is where the front angled armour plates are welded to the flat roof. from other images you can see the the angle stops at the first weld, your so-called "composite armour" line, and not the second.
So thats the end to all the theorizing about the armor stopping at the sight itself then.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles