Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT) Mark II

JBH22

Its sexy

Btw T-90 appears to be dwarf compared to the Arjun tank

Last edited:

makmohan

Livefist: India's Arjun Mk.II Debuts At Republic Day 2014

The Arjun Mk.II main battle tank made its debut at India's 65th Republic Day Parade today. Incorporating over seventy improvements over the Arjun Mk.I, the improved variant is in a final phase (hopefully) of user trials, according to the DRDO. In a statement put out yesterday, the DRDO stated, "Arjun Mark II incorporates enhanced firepower with Automated Target Tracking and greater variety of ammunition including Gun-fired anti-tank missile and the devastating Thermobaric ammunition; enhanced protection that include Explosive Reactive Armor, Laser Warning come Countermeasure System, a Mine Plough, a Remotely operable Anti-Aircraft weapon, a Roof mounted driving seat; Advanced Land Navigation System and Enhanced night vision capabilities."

Courtesy - LiveFist

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
hope they will add more features and systems to this.................

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I doubt, Lets see ..

Though, I hope to see MK2 back in action with some pictures ..

bose

Country flag
I wish the armour plates on the both side skirting to be little bit more longer...

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I think the blue part is not simple armour plates, But there is some kind of NERA pakage ..

Note MK1 and MK2 skrits, M1 has thicker at front but not so about the most of the rear, Its not the same with MK2 ..

I wish the armour plates on the both side skirting to be little bit more longer...

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Resistance to change is very common for users who have used to one for long period of time... I think Arjun has reached a stage where there is no turning back from it... IA has also started to accept it... We must not delay to further upgrades to Arjun...
hope so, i want this tank to be inducted in thousands and take on enemy. No point in having tank for R day only.............:frusty:

bose

Country flag
hope so, i want this tank to be inducted in thousands and take on enemy. No point in having tank for R day only.............:frusty:
Here I would say Ministry of Defense and GOI have to take a stand and firm decision for Arjun's induction with no less than 500 in numbers else it will be difficult to support indigenous development, as one will always be tempted for imports. Apart from that we need a more powerful engine for Arjun ~ 1800 HP will be great"¦

We also need to start with the next upgrade to Arjun MK-2 ASAP else we will be again into the same situation where by the time we are ready with the future upgrades we fall back to others"¦

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Imho, We need to upgrade older MK1 to MK2 level at least ERA and electronic packages, After fully inducting MK2 ..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles