American tanks to roll on Indian soil

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
the arjun is maturing fast so we need not go for abhrams tank.but it can be a good competition to test the capabilities of arjun.

Folk hero

blindfold our army if not they will clam see how Abrams runs like desert bmw so now we need foreign mall but this time american.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

anyway but i wanted to see Arjun against some other heavy main battle tanks like Abrams Merkava if possible against type 99.

Blackwater

Are we considering A1-M2 in our arsenal, especially failure of Arjun.

Can any member, who is expert, make a comparative study of A1M2/ T-90/ Arjun

Damian

Can someone explain me what is this

?

Oh wait I know, maybe M1A2? I don't know, it is so difficult to properly write alfanumeric designations of weapons? :facepalm:

How it would look like when I instead of Arjun, wrote Nujra. :troll:

Can any member, who is expert, make a comparative study of A1M2/ T-90/ Arjun
Currently no M1A2 in US Army inventory, all of them were upgraded in to M1A2SEP v1 or M1A2SEP v2.

First FCS, it is the strongest point of M1A2SEP's.

FCS have a completely new sights with 2nd generation FLIR with high resolution that is further cleared by electronics giving very clear vision through thermal camera.

FCS have two oculars for main sight, the basic one with 3x and 10x zoom, and additional one with 3x, 6x, 13x, 25x and 50x zoom, AFAIK there is no other tank with such zoom levels in FCS.

Such zoom levels give at very long ranges better target finding, identification capabilities and a higher precision of aming due to the fact that it is easier to keep steady and good track on target that from even 1500m is a small dot in sights.

M1A2SEP have full day/night/bad wheater hunter killer capabilities, TC have CITV with 2nd generation FLIR, CITV can act as second main sight in case of damage of gunners main sight.

Addition to this is FTL or Far Target Location system, it works on such way.

Gunner finds target and lase it, ragne to target is calculated in to coordinates for artillery by vehicles computer and then send via FBCB2 system to nearest artillery unit. It permitt's for quick fire mission request with precise coordinates of target.

Of course M1A2SEP have state of the art protection, wekaer protected areas can be reinforced by using modular Tank urban Survivability Kit with M19 and M32 ARAT ERA and other protection solutions.

M1A2SEP v2 is also equipped with RWS for Tank Commander, RWS is fully stabilized, have thermal camera and laser range finder.

Fire power can be enhanced by mounting additional M2HB heavy machine gun over gun manle as second coax connected to tanks FCS.

M1A2SEP's are also quipped with full air conditioning unit, have UAAPU or in newer tanks UAAPU was replaced with new Hawker Batteries.

You can compare this to known informations about T-90S and Arjun Mk1.

Last edited:

bhramos

Country flag
the arjun is maturing fast so we need not go for abhrams tank.but it can be a good competition to test the capabilities of arjun.
I dont think we might pitch Arjun, as its capabilities might be leaked, and its fairy tales would be gone...
so we might only pitch T tanks......

p2prada

Ha! The Amrikan Abhraham cannt match 9O-T. No chance at all. 7T2 also gud tnk. Arunj ovrkll. Left rit centr blow Arbahma sky hih.

Chiena tnak TZZ-992A see abrahamasama blow amrickan tank to moon.

I guess this post will be deteleted. :p

methos

Country flag
FCS have two oculars for main sight, the basic one with 3x and 10x zoom, and additional one with 3x, 6x, 13x, 25x and 50x zoom, AFAIK there is no other tank with such zoom levels in FCS.

Such zoom levels give at very long ranges better target finding, identification capabilities and a higher precision of aming due to the fact that it is easier to keep steady and good track on target that from even 1500m is a small dot in sights.
Afaik the largest zoom factors are from digital zoom. The highest resolution optical image is taken, converted into pixels and the pixels are enlarged (depending on their processors and algorithms with anit-aliasing. That means that the larger resolutions (25 x, 50 x) don't include any information not exisitng in the smaller 13 x (probably 12.5 x) magnification, but the images are larger and therefore small details already available in 13 x might be seen.

Damian

Yes, 25x and 50x are digital zoom, still it enables to improve target finding, identification and aiming.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
remember general zia-ul-haq almost had a heart attack when the m1abhrams tanks was shown to the paki army and later that day died of plane crash.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
remember general zia-ul-haq almost had a heart attack when the m1abhrams tanks was shown to the paki army and later that day died of plane crash.
I saw a program related to this on Discovery and the M1 failed to hit even the min targets in the show off :lol:

Damian

I saw a program related to this on Discovery and the M1 failed to hit even the min targets in the show off
Please stop that foolnes with this thing called Discovery Channel. I never heard and read in documents or books (also Russian) that M1 failed to hit targets. I suspect here propaganda, or someones fantasy.

And if indeed something goes wrong, then it is not a fault of vehicle, but crew that ----ed up with sights and main gun zeroing, or there was even more serious ---- up and someone loaded wrong ammo data in to FCS while vehicle was firing completely different ammunition.

But such errors are not related to vehicle but to human errors, similiar things happend in Greece where for example British crew and their Challenger 2E had outdated ammunition with completely different ballistic properties than these in FCS... ----ed up firing guaranteed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles