AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

gryphus-scarface

Country flag
Don't underestimate AMCA ,it will have new tech like conformal sensors embedded into the skin,just look at the requirements of the Japanese and brit aircrafts ,AMCA has the same requirement.
I'm not underestimating it, just saying that India has the capability to design and build a 5th gen plane. Tejas and the MWF design are more than proof of this.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Buddy,when is the last time you ever said something positive about india?

So what you are saying is, indians can't develop things,so your solution is to go to a foreign dealer?
Main goal for Indigenous development is to eliminate the foreign dependency.

Every single one of Your post spills indophobhia/hindhuphobia. Why the hate buddy?

I can counter all of your "suggestions" with logic and reasoning(which you lack of), but I don't want to waste my time explaining with a hater.
(P.s. Not single one of tejas fighter crashee ever, can't say the same about your jf17,can you)
Bro dont compare Jf17 with tejas ,their latest variants will be so different in technology ,while tejas will pack various onboard and offboard sensors with data fusion,the Jf17 will only carry some sensors without which in can't even Last in a battle ,and it won't even have better situational awareness due to lack of the sensor fusion.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
I'm not underestimating it, just saying that India has the capability to design and build a 5th gen plane. Tejas and the MWF design are more than proof of this.
More than enough yes. Infact MWF will better than most of Indian aircrafts which are currently in service.

tejascot

MFW
Empty weight -7000kg
Loaded weight 10300
Maximum takeoff weight 17500kg
Ferry range 3500km
Range 1750km
Combat radius 1200km
Service ceiling 55000ft+
Weapon stations 11*

Sent from my Alfa L using Tapatalk

garg_bharat

Country flag
Guys building a brand new fighter from ground up is a very time consuming and expensive business.
AMCA was always thought off as spinoff of MMRCA. Unfortunately MMRCA is still not awarded and offsets related to it may not benefit AMCA much.

Assuming AMCA flies on GE engines; same as Tejas; building components and assembling the plane will take a min 4-5 years.

A limited series and further testing the plane will take at least 4-5 years more. So it is very clear that AMCA should be available for series production in 2027 if all goes well.

I doubt India can wait that long for 5th gen.

tejascot

Guys building a brand new fighter from ground up is a very time consuming and expensive business.
AMCA was always thought off as spinoff of MMRCA. Unfortunately MMRCA is still not awarded and offsets related to it may not benefit AMCA much.

Assuming AMCA flies on GE engines; same as Tejas; building components and assembling the plane will take a min 4-5 years.

A limited series and further testing the plane will take at least 4-5 years more. So it is very clear that AMCA should be available for series production in 2027 if all goes well.

Amca jet available after 2030

Advaidhya Tiwari

AMCA was always thought off as spinoff of MMRCA.
Who told this? Do you have mental problems that you assume everything by yourself? MMRCA is import deal whereas AMCA is indigenous. How can AMCA be developed fro MMRCA?

AMCA will fly on F414 initially but will use 110kN engine being developed.

I doubt India can wait that long for 5th gen
What is the hurry to get 5th generation fighter in less than 7 years? Is there some alien invasion? Even Rafale ordered in 2016 will complete delivery in 2023, a full 7 years. Apache ordered in 2016 will take delivery in 2021-22. What kind of timeline are you living in?

garg_bharat

Country flag
Who told this? Do you have mental problems that you assume everything by yourself? MMRCA is import deal whereas AMCA is indigenous. How can AMCA be developed fro MMRCA?

AMCA will fly on F414 initially but will use 110kN engine being developed.

What is the hurry to get 5th generation fighter in less than 7 years? Is there some alien invasion? Even Rafale ordered in 2016 will complete delivery in 2023, a full 7 years. Apache ordered in 2016 will take delivery in 2021-22. What kind of timeline are you living in?
You have a mental block.

MMRCA offsets were supposed to develop industrial capacity in India for AMCA and other aircraft.
You guys confuse product development with infrastructure.
You cannot have very expensive factories set up just for one product.

China has a 5th gen now. How far along will China be in 2027 or 2030. Probably flying 6 gen.
Sure India can wait forever as you say.

gryphus-scarface

Country flag

Who told you that AMCA was a spin off of MMRCA? Do you have any source for this? AMCA has been happening since 2009. Ghatak since 2011 and MWF since 2015. A lot of technology has been built for these planes. You doubt our plane design capabilities, but we have designed the Tejas. You doubt our ability in material sciences, but we have already built Tejas. For the Ghatak program, IIT Kanpur has been helping a lot, designing the skin material, and doing wind tunnel testing. For the Tejas, have you seen SPORT?
AMCA is a 5th gen fighter. MMRCA is all 4.5 gen. We have MWF and LCA for 4.5 gen. AMCA's first flight is 2024-25. LSP will likely be 2030.

MWF first flight is 2021-22. During Aero India one of the DRDO scientists already said that the MWF metal cutting had begun, and in around 18 months the first plane should be rolled out.

tejascot

Pmo approved full scale development of amca or MFW ????

gryphus-scarface

Country flag
You have a mental block.

MMRCA offsets were supposed to develop industrial capacity in India for AMCA and other aircraft.

China has a 5th gen now. How far along will China be in 2027 or 2030. Probably flying 6 gen.
Again we have the MWF. IAF has a requirement of 200 MWF. 200 is more than enough to keep those factories around. It will keep them busy for a good amount of time. So far 40 Tejas mk1 + 83 Tejas mk1A, means those also will be around for a good amount of time. The MMRCA will increase capacity of our factories, but by no means will it be necessary. Its more necessary because the IAF needs those planes, and we might as well manufacture them here.

As for China, even the US and EU are aiming for first trial flights of 6th gen planes in 2026, so China will not be there. You can relax about them. They are focusing on the FC-31 and J-20.

tejascot

Again we have the MWF. IAF has a requirement of 200 MWF. 200 is more than enough to keep those factories around. It will keep them busy for a good amount of time. So far 40 Tejas mk1 + 83 Tejas mk1A, means those also will be around for a good amount of time. The MMRCA will increase capacity of our factories, but by no means will it be necessary. Its more necessary because the IAF needs those planes, and we might as well manufacture them here.

As for China, even the US and EU are aiming for first trial flights of 6th gen planes in 2026, so China will not be there. You can relax about them. They are focusing on the FC-31 and J-20.
China already starts work on two new fighters j14 ,j25
And he also secretly conduct a test of new bomber h20
He also talk about the pakfa jet to Russia
Total 5
India starts work on amca or MFW or ucav ghatak
May be bought a pakfa jet in future
Total 4

gryphus-scarface

Country flag
China already starts work on two new fighters j14 ,j25
And he also secretly conduct a test of new bomber h20
He also talk about the pakfa jet to Russia
Total 5
India starts work on amca or MFW or ucav ghatak
May be bought a pakfa jet in future
Total 4

You need to relax about China. They have a larger defence budget, and a larger economy. We can't expect to keep up with them right now.

Anyway, I can't find anything on the J-14. The only thing I can find are the J-20 and FC-31. H-20 seems much further away. Most concept imagery varies from B-21 Lancer esque to B-2 esque. Our Ghatak UCAV is already a stealth bomber. ANother important thing to understand is that we must develop planes and other military technology based on our needs. China maybe has a need for those, but we need the MWF, AMCA and Ghatak. No need to compare based on number of programs running. If you go by this measure, US is actually behind India since they only have F-XX, while we have 3 programs.

Advaidhya Tiwari

You have a mental block.

MMRCA offsets can't help AMCA. This is absurdity to even think that offsets will have so much technology that 5th gen fighter can be made. India alreay has infrastructure as seen in production of Tejas, Su30. No western country will give advanced infrastructure as offsets. AMCA will be either fully developed and made by India or will not be made. Using offsets from MMRCA is smply a foolish thought

There is no 6th generation fighter. Even the definition of 6th generation is unkown. It is not that you simply keep adding generation in name. There is a limit beyond which we can't go that easily. 5th generation F35 is not yet fully complete and in undergoing continual upgrades. Just like the weapons used in 1800 was also used in 1850, similarly, the weapons have a saturation limit. So, even when India gets to 5th generation, others will be in same level.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
LIGHT STEALTH AIRCRAFT DESIGN NEED TO BE STUDIED SERIOUSLY. HIS DESIGNER CL;AIMS IT TO BE A REVOLUTIONARY STEALTH AIRCRAFT WHICH CAN DEFEAT ANYTHING EXCEPT F22.

Advaidhya Tiwari

^^^ You guys seriously take VSTOL too seriously. Have you ever heard LSA's name anywhere else except these forums.
^^^ You guys seriously take VSTOL too seriously. Have you ever heard LSA's name anywhere else except these forums.
LSA is a joke. It is ridiculous to think that one man can design a plane which hundreds of genius scientists of ADA are taking decades to design. No point talking about it

tejascot

You need to relax about China. They have a larger defence budget, and a larger economy. We can't expect to keep up with them right now.

Anyway, I can't find anything on the J-14. The only thing I can find are the J-20 and FC-31. H-20 seems much further away. Most concept imagery varies from B-21 Lancer esque to B-2 esque. Our Ghatak UCAV is already a stealth bomber. ANother important thing to understand is that we must develop planes and other military technology based on our needs. China maybe has a need for those, but we need the MWF, AMCA and Ghatak. No need to compare based on number of programs running. If you go by this measure, US is actually behind India since they only have F-XX, while we have 3 programs.
Bro ucav ghatak is not a bomber they only drone to carry 2/4 lgbs
They have not carry air to air weapons
Motow of the ghatak below 15tns
India develop bomber after 2035

tejascot

LIGHT STEALTH AIRCRAFT DESIGN NEED TO BE STUDIED SERIOUSLY. HIS DESIGNER CL;AIMS IT TO BE A REVOLUTIONARY STEALTH AIRCRAFT WHICH CAN DEFEAT ANYTHING EXCEPT F22.
Lca can achieve 35 degree of aoa in dog fight
Lca jet RCS is below 0.5m sq
Lca can perform all roles
Lca can delivers all advance weapons
Lgbs {Griffen,sudarshan,paveway
Glide bombs {spice,saaw, gruda}
Smart weapons{cbu ,cluster bombs
Rockets {s8, s12,s24 }
Cruise missile{ bhramous missile
Jf17 thunder radar detection range for tejas 10.5 kms
Only AWACS or heavy weight aircraft can detect tejas jet at a longer distance
Tejas is best multirole fighter for iaf
Rafale detect tejas 40km distance
Typhoon detect tejas 19 km distance
F16 detect tejas 10km distance
Gripen detect tejas 9km distance
Mirage detect tejas 25km distance

Reactions: Kay

Kay

Country flag
If we had the LSA today, it would make sense. Starting to build one today is not possible because of budget constraints ( we cannot have LSA on top of AMCA, MMRCA, MWF, Naval LCA, Super Sukhois, Rafales, Ghatak, IJT, HTT, Saras and many more). LSA is supposed to benefit from AMCA design as we have to have a working 5th generation design before building another - otherwise we have two risky projects.
If LSA is to be built after 2035, it may not be needed any more - the future may become more about drones and mother ships. In that case LSA can be an extremely fast and agile drone / optionally manned fighter. So, there are too many uncertainties.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles