AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
What about dry thrust of 110 and 125 kN engines so that AMCA can supercruise ?
I am still in confusion with regards to this whole engine saga. 110 KN Engine will be for AMCA MK-1 and 125 KN Engine will be for AMCA MK-2 right?
just wish that stealth will be of f35 level
Stealth is not the problem. It will be far better than F-35 in stealth. My only wish is that it should be on par with F-35's sensor, electronics and networking performances.
How are you confident that AMCA will be more stealthier than F-35?(have lesser RCS than F-35)?

SARTHAK

Country flag
Stealth is not the problem. It will be far better than F-35 in stealth. My only wish is that it should be on par with F-35's sensor, electronics and networking performances.
we r doing pretty good in that segment also, tejas mk1a & mk2 will have a radar capabale of executing electronic attack, sensor fusion will be implemented on tejas mk2 ,amca will be an improvement over that ,what i am curious about is datalink , is drdo developing a dedicated datalink for amca?

SARTHAK

Country flag
I am still in confusion with regards to this whole engine saga. 110 KN Engine will be for AMCA MK-1 and 125 KN Engine will be for AMCA MK-2 right?

How are you confident that AMCA will be more stealthier than F-35?(have lesser RCS than F-35)?
even if it is little less stealthier than f35 ,it doesn't matter , what will matter is ir stealth , afaik drdo has partnered with IITs to develop ir stealth coating ,amca ability to be optionally manned and control ucav and drone swarms will be the key , rf staelth is not much of a concern unless rcs is considerably higher than f35

THESIS THORON

Country flag

f35's stealth tech is 1.5 decade old, ig we can make that:dude:

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I second that. This has became extremely confusing. Every media release states different rating.
Things have gone so far that one is not sure how many types of engines are being designed.
We should wait for the first prototype before making any claims about RCS for AMCA.

Last edited:

flanker99

Country flag

There is no confusion if u follow proper official interviews...for amca mk1- ge 414 and for amca mk2 the next gen engine under development whether will it be 110 or 125 kn remains to be seen

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
AMCA will be interfaced with AFNet using these SDR.
so no special datalink like russians developed for su57 and USAF for f22?
As per IAF the requirement is any new aircraft to be procured must have network-centric capability and must integrate with AFNet.
It doesn't matter what interface/data-link is used (be it satellite, RF-LOS via SDR/Radar or relayed via some third party). All that matter is the aircraft integrates with AFNet and the sensor data be transferred to servers in real-time.

Megalomaniac

Country flag

1. I don't know if I am right or wrong in this. But imo Tejas Mk.2 will feature 110 kN class engine and that engine is to be built by joint effort of India and France. AND for AMCA, it will be 125 kN class advanced engine which is to be built by joint effort of India and UK. It just speculation, don't take it seriously. AMCA needs more kN as DEW in Mk.2 will require extra power.

2. How am I more confident? My gut...it is my gut. 😂 See, it is not very hard to analyse F-35 is bulkier than AMCA. AMCA is more slick in aerodynamics. Because it will be built almost last among all stealth fighters, its designers will be fortunate to study different designs beforehand and to finalise the best shape for our IAF requirement. I am confident about RCS material. Although it is universally acclaimed that F-35's situational awareness is unmatched for now. Its computing capability, DAS and information sharing capability across all military platforms (Air force, Military and Navy) is noteworthy. If we can even attain 75% of those capability, AMCA may become like a medium class F-22 with a technology of F-35 which will be scary.

Super Flanker

Banned
1. I don't know if I am right or wrong in this. But imo Tejas Mk.2 will feature 110 kN class engine and that engine is to be built by joint effort of India and France. AND for AMCA, it will be 125 kN class advanced engine which is to be built by joint effort of India and UK. It just speculation, don't take it seriously. AMCA needs more kN as DEW in Mk.2 will require extra power.

2. How am I more confident? My gut...it is my gut. 😂 See, it is not very hard to analyse F-35 is bulkier than AMCA. AMCA is more slick in aerodynamics. Because it will be built almost last among all stealth fighters, its designers will be fortunate to study different designs beforehand and to finalise the best shape for our IAF requirement. I am confident about RCS material. Although it is universally acclaimed that F-35's situational awareness is unmatched for now. Its computing capability, DAS and information sharing capability across all military platforms (Air force, Military and Navy) is noteworthy. If we can even attain 75% of those capability, AMCA may become like a medium class F-22 with a technology of F-35 which will be scary.
f35's stealth tech is 1.5 decade old, ig we can make that:dude:
Let's wait for atleast the prototype of AMCA to roll out 1st. Don't jump to such Conclusions as of now. If AMCA will have less RCS than F-35 than I will be truly surprised, even if it has atleast 75-80 % of the level of Stealth that F-35 has than too I will be surprised.

Super Flanker

Banned
BRUH, you yourself are concluding that it wouldn't be near f35 :bplease:

and at same time you are saying let the prototype come
Where did I conclude that it won't be near the level of F-35? Never did I conclude anything in my above posts, all I did was speculations regarding RCS of AMCA. Backread the post of mine.

Super Flanker

Banned
breh, as if I was concluding on my original post :dude:

I had used i guess word, even I was not concluding any thing :yawn:
I am not talking about that post of yours. I am talking about this post of yours:-
BRUH, you yourself are concluding that it wouldn't be near f35 :bplease:

and at same time you are saying let the prototype come
In this post you are saying that I am Concluding that that I was saying that AMCA won't be stealth near F-35 level. (Lol)

THESIS THORON

Country flag
I am not talking about that post of yours. I am talking about this post of yours:-

In this post you are saying that I am Concluding that that I was saying that AMCA won't be stealth near F-35 level. (Lol)
I was saying that, in my orignal post I had used Ig and you said stop concluding, let the prototype come.

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
AMCA needs more kN as DEW in Mk.2 will require extra power.
More KN doesn't mean more electric power. KN is for thrust.(Mechanical force). Electrical power depends on the generator and the level of technological maturity in that field. So 125KN can have same electrical power as of 110KN engine if the compact generator installed is not advanced enough. It's not like lets increase the rpm by 5000 and the connected alternator will generate more power. Read about new RR engine in development.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles