AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Megalomaniac

Country flag
More KN doesn't mean more electric power. KN is for thrust.(Mechanical force). Electrical power depends on the generator and the level of technological maturity in that field. So 125KN can have same electrical power as of 110KN engine if the compact generator installed is not advanced enough. It's not like lets increase the rpm by 5000 and the connected alternator will generate more power. Read about new RR engine in development.
Hmm right like in Tempest. Will it be adaptive?

SARTHAK

Country flag
1. I don't know if I am right or wrong in this. But imo Tejas Mk.2 will feature 110 kN class engine and that engine is to be built by joint effort of India and France. AND for AMCA, it will be 125 kN class advanced engine which is to be built by joint effort of India and UK. It just speculation, don't take it seriously. AMCA needs more kN as DEW in Mk.2 will require extra power.

2. How am I more confident? My gut...it is my gut. 😂 See, it is not very hard to analyse F-35 is bulkier than AMCA. AMCA is more slick in aerodynamics. Because it will be built almost last among all stealth fighters, its designers will be fortunate to study different designs beforehand and to finalise the best shape for our IAF requirement. I am confident about RCS material. Although it is universally acclaimed that F-35's situational awareness is unmatched for now. Its computing capability, DAS and information sharing capability across all military platforms (Air force, Military and Navy) is noteworthy. If we can even attain 75% of those capability, AMCA may become like a medium class F-22 with a technology of F-35 which will be scary.
das is not a very exclusive feature though , f35 ew capability along with stealth is its cornerstone of superiority , su57 ,j20 and even rafale (has mini das type thing called ddmng) ddmng brochure says it is capable of targeting though france calls it maws , it has 2 sensors compared to 6 of das,so not a big deal for amca to match but ew would be interesting to be seen

Megalomaniac

Country flag
das is not a very exclusive feature though , f35 ew capability along with stealth is its cornerstone of superiority , su57 ,j20 and even rafale (has mini das type thing called ddmng) ddmng brochure says it is capable of targeting though france calls it maws , it has 2 sensors compared to 6 of das,so not a big deal for amca to match but ew would be interesting to be seen
Yes AMCA will be able to perform deep strike without ground support. That means it already will have 360° coverage DAS. I wonder what will be capacity of super computer inside cockpit for EW enhancement? Exaflop?

SARTHAK

Country flag
Yes AMCA will be able to perform deep strike without ground support. That means it already will have 360° coverage DAS. I wonder what will be capacity of super computer inside cockpit for EW enhancement? Exaflop?
tejas mk2 will be counterpart to gripen e in all terms , so amca will be upgraded, btw gripen e is very close to f35 as per SAAB claims

SARTHAK

Country flag
just for info

source MBDA DDM NG DOCUMENT

Other applications Thanks to the high-quality IR imagery produced by the DDM-NG sensor, many other applications can be foreseen on aircraft (Air Policing, Situational Awareness, Targeting, Assistance to navigation, Air Patrol, Anti-collision, “IR Black-Box”,…). DDM-NG can also be installed on wide-bodied aircraft, helicopters or ground vehicles.

johnj

f35's stealth tech is 1.5 decade old, ig we can make that:dude:
at the same time, 20 years ahead of f22 and new coating is under testing. stealth tech wise f35 is far ahead and low stealth signature wise f22/b2 is ahead.

johnj

1. I don't know if I am right or wrong in this. But imo Tejas Mk.2 will feature 110 kN class engine and that engine is to be built by joint effort of India and France. AND for AMCA, it will be 125 kN class advanced engine which is to be built by joint effort of India and UK. It just speculation, don't take it seriously. AMCA needs more kN as DEW in Mk.2 will require extra power.

2. How am I more confident? My gut...it is my gut. 😂 See, it is not very hard to analyse F-35 is bulkier than AMCA. AMCA is more slick in aerodynamics. Because it will be built almost last among all stealth fighters, its designers will be fortunate to study different designs beforehand and to finalise the best shape for our IAF requirement. I am confident about RCS material. Although it is universally acclaimed that F-35's situational awareness is unmatched for now. Its computing capability, DAS and information sharing capability across all military platforms (Air force, Military and Navy) is noteworthy. If we can even attain 75% of those capability, AMCA may become like a medium class F-22 with a technology of F-35 which will be scary.
I don't know if I am right or wrong in this, mk2 going to use ge414 and jv for amca engine with 110 kn, mk2.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I don't know if I am right or wrong in this, mk2 going to use ge414 and jv for amca engine with 110 kn, mk2.
Yes, Mk. 2 will use GE414 but is planned to be upgraded with indigenous engine during midlife overhaul/upgrade.
AMCA Mk. 1 will also use GE 414 and Mk. 2 will be use indigenous engine. Depending on media outlet AMCA Mk. 2 will either use use 100kN/125kN engine developed in JV with Safran or 100kN/125kN JV with RR.

johnj

Yes, Mk. 2 will use GE414 but is planned to be upgraded with indigenous engine during midlife overhaul/upgrade.
AMCA Mk. 1 will also use GE 414 and Mk. 2 will be use indigenous engine. Depending on media outlet AMCA Mk. 2 will either use use 100kN/125kN engine developed in JV with Safran or 100kN/125kN JV with RR.
My thought, DRDO jv with Safan to develop a 110kN engine which replace ge 414 in both mk2 and amca, and uprated one for amca, amca mk1 ge 98kn,amca mk2 110kn, amca mk3 125kn, just a thought don't take seriously and it is better to wait for more details about jv. May be a downrated 110kn for lca mk2 aka mwf.

BABAJI321

Country flag
Any information/news about that 1:1 model/test model that was supposed to be built by a Bengaluru based company

gajapati

Country flag
Anybody following this?

What avionics component india make ? As far as i have observed all are western companies .. We dnt even have our own civilian aircraft . Few MSME might be supplying some minor components to global MNCs .. I dnt think they ll be in a mood to loose their income .

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
What avionics component india make ? As far as i have observed all are western companies .. We dnt even have our own civilian aircraft . Few MSME might be supplying some minor components to global MNCs .. I dnt think they ll be in a mood to loose their income .
Dare has a lot of work to do. They have built some decent avionics and related systems computers for mig 27 29 Lca jaguar and Su30Mki but commercial aircraft are different story.

karn

Country flag
Dare has a lot of work to do. They have built some decent avionics and related systems computers for mig 27 29 Lca jaguar and Su30Mki but commercial aircraft are different story.
There was a big controversy in Russia a few years ago cause export t 90s were better than domestic ones.. the export version in question was bhishma.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
@Super Flanker gyan kam de bro , atleast don't make irrelevant statement and junk up the forum please , people come here to get some information ,not just imo this or imo that all the time
Wait a second, I thought that you had put me in your ignore list as far as I know? What happened? Have you removed me from your IL? (Lol :frog::tongue::tongue2:)

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
He is probably talking about the T-90A and T-90S differences.
T-90A were equipped with the TO1-KO1 BURAN sight but T-90S were upgraded to use the ESSA thermal imaging sight, which allows for accurate firing to a range of 5,000–8,000m using the CATHERINE-FC thermal camera produced by Thales.
T-90A tank was powered by 840 hp four-stroke V-12 piston engine while T-90S was powered by uprated 1,000 hp (750 kW) giving excellent mobility and power availability to T-90S.
Fire-control system on T-90S was better than T-90A.
Gun on T-90S was more stable than T-90A.
T-90A had weight issues when used in conjunction with heavy ERA due to less-powerful engine.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles