AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
This could be for full scale model which will go intense RCS testing.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

Trololo

Country flag
Anyone has any info about why the 3B-04 model (The one with the F18 like chines) was rejected? It looked superb IMO.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Anyone has any info about why the 3B-04 model (The one with the F18 like chines) was rejected? It looked superb IMO.
3B-09 is the best design which balances stealth and kinetic performance.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
TAI TFX disign looks like our AMCA 01
In fact, every other 5th generation fighter concept and design-- optimised more for air-to-air than air-to-ground-- out there looks close cousins of F-22.

AMCA has see design evolution. From vertical tail-less MCA circa 2002 to 3B08 now. Which clearly suggests that once Ghatak was approved the emphasis shifted to towards more air-to-air than air-to-ground.

Last edited:

sjmaverick

Country flag
Guys i understand that idrw is not a reliable source of information but there seems to be a news regarding issuing of Request of expression to manufacture 2 TD, since the deadline to submit proposal is 15th March it arouse lot of doubts around this news ....Can anyone have a reliable news on this ?

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Go to ADA website and download the pdf, it's not idrw source.

:drool:
Like the new name : NGTD
So AMCA timeline should look something like:
  • Vendor Selection by: June-2018. (Assumed)
  • NGTD-1 rolls out: Dec-2022
  • Flight tests commence: Jan-2023
  • NGTD-2 rolls out" June-2023
  • Flight test ends by: December-2024.
  • Prototype Vehicles phase starts (4 PVs planned): January-2025
  • LSP-1 rolls out: January-2027 (Assumed)
  • IOC: January-2029 (Assumed)
  • SP-1 rolls out: January-2030 (Assumed)
  • AMCA fries Pork: 2040. (Amused)
^This timeline sound reasonable guys?

Last edited:

sjmaverick

Country flag
:drool:
Like the new name : NGTD
So AMCA timeline should look something like:
  • Vendor Selection by: June-2018. (Assumed)
  • NGTD-1 rolls out: Dec-2022
  • Flight tests commence: Jan-2023
  • NGTD-2 rolls out" June-2023
  • Flight test ends by: December-2024.
  • Prototype Vehicles phase starts (4 PVs planned): January-2025
  • LSP-1 rolls out: January-2027 (Assumed)
  • IOC: January-2029 (Assumed)
  • SP-1 rolls out: January-2030 (Assumed)
  • AMCA fries Pork: 2040. (Amused)
^This timeline sound reasonable guys?
Thanks mate ...

India has various world records on its name which include complex science and technology projects as well..deep down my wishful thinking want to assume India can surprise the world on time lapse between TD to Reasonable rate of production per year as well by beating its preset timeline for once ....Keeping various assumptions unchanged viz Govt Support, IAF support, Threat perception from Enemy etc with a much more matured aviation industry in place as compared to what was available to Tejas....But i guess thats why these thoughts are called wishful thinking:)...Not sure what is better for this project being looped through HAL or without it.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Thanks mate ...

India has various world records on its name which include complex science and technology projects as well..deep down my wishful thinking want to assume India can surprise the world on time lapse between TD to Reasonable rate of production per year as well by beating its preset timeline for once ....Keeping various assumptions unchanged viz Govt Support, IAF support, Threat perception from Enemy etc with a much more matured aviation industry in place as compared to what was available to Tejas....But i guess thats why these thoughts are called wishful thinking:)...Not sure what is better for this project being looped through HAL or without it.
I still hope that production begins earlier. We need a 5th gen fighter earlier than 2030. I hope at least Su-57 MKI sees light of day earlier. But if my timeline is reasonable, then it fits well with my previous forecast regarding the Air Force fleet:-

I still think HAL as lead integrator and other vendors supplying major sub-assemblies is the best way to go. No other vendor has the experience required.

Edit: BTW, is it true that AMCA will be using Fly-by-optics?

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
I still hope that production begins earlier. We need a 5th gen fighter earlier than 2030. I hope at least Su-57 MKI sees light of day earlier. But if my timeline is reasonable, then it fits well with my previous forecast regarding the Air Force fleet:-

I still think HAL as lead integrator and other vendors supplying major sub-assemblies is the best way to go. No other vendor has the experience required.

Yes acc to ADA brochures.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag

Few Constraints on the timeline shared by you:
1)I do not see any further or additional order for Rafale as I am quite sure if we will go for them we wont have enough funds to support Su-57 or AMCA.
2)The production rate and the number production lines do not fit as I am quite sure that the numbers wont rise till Tejas MK2 and as your are expecting it by 2028 I do not see Manufacturing those numbers will be even possible.
3)You have not accounted for the losses in accidents etc.
4)I will also push AMCA beyond 2030 as if we get Su-57 by 2027 again crunch of funds will puch AMCA beyond 2030 might be 2035.
5)Tejas Mk1A production by 2022 will be great but i am expecting it by 2025 :( .

What happens with this is meeting 42 squadron strength by 2040 adding 5 more years to your timeline.
+ delay due to foreign vendor etc will be another 5 years.

Sadly we will only be getting the required strength by 2045 :( ;(

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles