Aircraft Crash Notification

Deathstar

Country flag
Take a look at their crash record and you will know. Their F-7 constantly go down. Two Jf 17 crashed too. Check the no. of F 16 crash too. It's just we don't get the news.

With the sheer size of our aircraft fleet and different platforms we operate it's a messy situation.
To hell with PAF , look at USAF largest in the world , how many did they crash this year????
Only i remember is one F16 crashing in California and other in Germany.
Or do we actually believe that our sortie rate is higher than USAF????

rone

Country flag
i don't know what's problem with our birds its our 13th crash in a year, even after surya Kiran crash i hoped IAF would take steps to prevent further but it's look like read paper stalls all over again,if we go like this we have a horibbile track record

Deathstar

Country flag
i don't know what's problem with our birds its our 13th crash in a year, even after surya Kiran crash i hoped IAF would take steps to prevent further but it's look like read paper stalls all over again,if we go like this we have a horibbile track record
14th if we count poonch Heli crash. We are an utter joke

Flying Dagger

Country flag
To hell with PAF , look at USAF largest in the world , how many did they crash this year????
Only i remember is one F16 crashing in California and other in Germany.
Or do we actually believe that our sortie rate is higher than USAF????
You brought PAF crash record bro i just said what it is and USA had two heli crashes too

Anyway the reasons are plenty. First they don't fly aircraft which are as antique as ours .

And we must admit their maintenance standard is pretty high while we suffer from shoddy maintenance issues fighting for spare part supplies or get low quality spares manufactured here in India or imported from different sources.

The circus of aircrafts we have makes it difficult too.

Our pilots many of them due to trainer shortage in last two decades rarely get the required flying hours and were directly thrown to the mig 21 like jets. One of the reason new pilots are often found to be the hand behind the crashes.

Bird hit is major issue in India with dense populated areas airforce hardly could do much.

The Russian engine of our fighter jets have a reputation of failure and other issues.

Though the Mig 29 UPG has sorted out many issues Mig 29k remains a problematic child and till Gorshkov/Vicky is in service we are stuck with it.

Deathstar

Country flag
You brought PAF crash record bro i just said what it is and USA had two heli crashes too

Anyway the reasons are plenty. First they don't fly aircraft which are as antique as ours .

And we must admit their maintenance standard is pretty high while we suffer from shoddy maintenance issues fighting for spare part supplies or get low quality spares manufactured here in India or imported from different sources.

The circus of aircrafts we have makes it difficult too.

Our pilots many of them due to trainer shortage in last two decades rarely get the required flying hours and were directly thrown to the mig 21 like jets. One of the reason new pilots are often found to be the hand behind the crashes.

Bird hit is major issue in India with dense populated areas airforce hardly could do much.

The Russian engine of our fighter jets have a reputation of failure and other issues.

Though the Mig 29 UPG has sorted out many issues Mig 29k remains a problematic child and till Gorshkov/Vicky is in service we are stuck with it.
I quoted USAF cz u mentioned India is 4,th largest AF hence our crashes are more.
This isnt any acceptable reason at all. If u suffer from quality issues then its better to concentrate on that before buying expensive goodies like Rafales.
Our air force does suffer due to lesser quality.
PAF JF17 uses Russian engine as well but how many have been crashed since its induction 3-4?? Now compate it with our Su30 MkI.
What do u mean by antique? PAF uses flies F16 which they bought in 1980s , they still fly their mirages and F7s.
We expect F35s , Rafales , mock PAF yet our record isnt great either.
The scenario is similar as shown in Rang de Basanti film where R Madhavan dies in a crash due to duplicate spares used.
Lets admit it we lack professionalism. We have jugaadu attitude.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No wonder Russian planes have the best ejection seats ---- they constantly refine it from frequent plane crashes.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Question is what's the benefit of having Russian twin engine aircraft if it cannot fly when one engine is damaged.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
No wonder Russian planes have the best ejection seats ---- they constantly refine it from frequent plane crashes.
The export models of Russian fighters use Martin Baker, if you aren't using one of those you probably going to die.

Deathstar

Country flag
When is India going to do something about these birds? It cannot wait! :shoot:
Nothing , we will do nothing as theres zero accountability in India. You will never hear anything about this crash from tomorrow. Uptill next crash everythings fine and the cycle continues.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Question is what's the benefit of having Russian twin engine aircraft if it cannot fly when one engine is damaged.
MiG-29 has massive air intakes which makes it prone to such accidents. Once the engine catches fire it is too late to save it. You can only save the aircraft if you can safely shut down the damaged engine. Based on your video, it would not be safe for the pilots to try to land it on fire like that.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I quoted USAF cz u mentioned India is 4,th largest AF hence our crashes are more.
This isnt any acceptable reason at all. If u suffer from quality issues then its better to concentrate on that before buying expensive goodies like Rafales.
Our air force does suffer due to lesser quality.
PAF JF17 uses Russian engine as well but how many have been crashed since its induction 3-4?? Now compate it with our Su30 MkI.
What do u mean by antique? PAF uses flies F16 which they bought in 1980s , they still fly their mirages and F7s.
We expect F35s , Rafales , mock PAF yet our record isnt great either.
The scenario is similar as shown in Rang de Basanti film where R Madhavan dies in a crash due to duplicate spares used.
Lets admit it we lack professionalism. We have jugaadu attitude.
PAF sortie rate is dubious. How many hours they get to fly their junk fighters ?

I didn't mentioned we are fourth largest get that fact check but even then comparing an A grade American Airforce fleet with India which flies 50s 60s era antique is silly.

Rafale will solve the quality issue of aircraft you want that to be stopped ? It has 5 or 10 year maintenance/repair support deal with Dassault .

F 16 and other american airframes have more lifetime compared to a Russian jet. I hope you do know that?

PAF F -7 have dubious record of going down many incidents they don't even report .

F 7 pg 14+ crashed out of 50+ they had in last 15 years

You want to compare F 16 crash rate do that with Mirage 2000

F 16 crash record with Su 30 yes do that too you are welcome.

And i did say that we have shoddy maintenance issue what else I am supposed to admit ?

Let's say it Indians are less professional compared to their western counter parts. Make you feel good ?

If you read my post again..

Trainer shortage --- HAL insistence on having indigenous trainer or assembled by them which they failed to deliver and blocked import too.

BAE hawk deal suffered and delayed for years due to that there is no IJT and Pilatus further order were blocked as they may deliver a product in a few years and IAF should wait for them with .
red roses.

That's where training took a major hit in last 2 decades. I have raised that many a times in the forum . :playball:

But not buying Rafale because IAF jet have crashed is the most stupid thing i have read. :shoot:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Just curious!! Do bird strikes happen in Europe/US in winter(snow)?
Most of the birds have migrated for the winter. The West has a dedicated industry for bird control which is a multi-billion dollar market. The airport would not be able to afford the insurance to operate if it did not have it. India's big international airports must meet these standards, why is the military exempt?

Deathstar

Country flag
PAF sortie rate is dubious. How many hours they get to fly their junk fighters ?

I didn't mentioned we are fourth largest get that fact check but even then comparing an A grade American Airforce fleet with India which flies 50s 60s era antique is silly.

Rafale will solve the quality issue of aircraft you want that to be stopped ? It has 5 or 10 year maintenance/repair support deal with Dassault .

F 16 and other american airframes have more lifetime compared to a Russian jet. I hope you do know that?

PAF F -7 have dubious record of going down many incidents they don't even report .

F 7 pg 14+ crashed out of 50+ they had in last 15 years

You want to compare F 16 crash rate do that with Mirage 2000

F 16 crash record with Su 30 yes do that too you are welcome.

And i did say that we have shoddy maintenance issue what else I am supposed to admit ?

Let's say it Indians are less professional compared to their western counter parts. Make you feel good ?

If you read my post again..

Trainer shortage --- HAL insistence on having indigenous trainer or assembled by them which they failed to deliver and blocked import too.

BAE hawk deal suffered and delayed for years due to that there is no IJT and Pilatus further order were blocked as they may deliver a product in a few years and IAF should wait for them with .
red roses.

That's where training took a major hit in last 2 decades. I have raised that many a times in the forum . :playball:

But not buying Rafale because IAF jet have crashed is the most stupid thing i have read. :shoot:
Not u per se but someone mentioned we have more crashes cz we are 4th largest , hence comparison with USAF.
So PAF has less crashes reasons - dubious sortie rate , hiding crashes. Nice excuses.
My point of contention is tht we do lack professionalism be it IAF , HAL , MoD.
All above the reasons u mentioned point to the above fact i mentioned.
There are court of inquiries after the crash but what happens after that? Nothing , everyone forgets.
U are absolute sure about Rafale cz it has support from Dassault. Even this point of yours proves what i am saying is true.
The point regarding Rafale wss tht we cry about lack of aircrafts , reducing squadron strength but forget that about these huge number of crashes happening. We lost 27 since 2016 which is more than a sqaudron. But no lets cry that we are not buying enough

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
So PAF has less crashes reasons - dubious sortie rate , hiding crashes. Nice excuses.
My point of contention is tht we do lack professionalism be it IAF , HAL , MoD.
Stop flying obsolete chetak cheetah mig-27 mig-21 which are FUCKING 40 year old even the OEM stopped using them years ago even AN-32 are oldies they were inducted in 1970s. Jaguar some IAF Pilots jokes that if one engine of that jet goes down or some extra weight or some hard turn taken from that jet it will just go down because of lack of power. Were does the question of professionalism comes? I can provide you a 40 year old ambassador can you keep that car perfect for driving?.

Deathstar

Country flag
Stop flying obsolete chetak cheetah mig-27 mig-21 which are FUCKING 40 year old even the OEM stopped using them years ago. Jaguar some IAF Pilots jokes that if one engine of that jet goes down or some extra weight or some hard turn taken from that jet it will just go down because of lack of power. Were does the question of professionalism comes? I can provide you a 40 year old ambassador can you keep that car perfect for driving?.
So here professionalism should be questioned of MoD right? Their procurement policies are absolute shite filled with corruption and red tape. Couldnt sign MRCA in 20 years.
Regarding flying relics. Whats the age of USAF B52s? Since world war. And its not like only poor India has to fly old relics.
All 3 are to blamed for pathetic situation of IAF

Global Defence

Articles