Aircraft Crash Notification

WARREN SS

Country flag
Technical snag 👉 IAI avionics or those cracks in the tailfin? Lets see what the report comes from IAF. IMHO if we try to do everything in the platform, fit this news system, oh lets fit those avionics from IAI, you know what, lets upgrade those engines too... by the time you realize, you've a completely a new system which was never mean to operate on standard levels. Now we are down to 1 more less jet in our inventory. :smash:
Crashes happen When there is a major technical snag Either in Engines Or FBW
I don't think Its related To avionics

Well We are adding 21 More Mig-29 in future

scatterStorm

Country flag
Crashes happen When there is a major technical snag Either in Engines Or FBW
I don't think Its related To avionics

Well We are adding 21 More Mig-29 in future
lets see the COI for this. If those are engines or even FWB, then hold on for indefinite grounding.

WARREN SS

Country flag
lets see the COI for this. If those are engines or even FWB, then hold on for indefinite grounding.
I am not saying that it Should acceptable Norms I mean We should Increase Efficiency
of Aircrews and there training

But Crashes are Part Of Aviation When u are using a machine regularly And flying it 100-150 + hours in a year
That To Adding Multiple Third Party Avionics And Weapons in your Aircraft

The Whole fleet is regularly Utilized in Multiple Training hours It Will bound Develop a Snag

We should Try To make it minimum Because in some cases its human error or Negligence of air crew

scatterStorm

Country flag
I am not saying that it Should acceptable Norms I mean We should Increase Efficiency
of Aircrews and there training

But Crashes are Part Of Aviation When u are using a machine regularly And flying it 100-150 + hours in a year
That To Adding Multiple Third Party Avionics And Weapons in your Aircraft

The Whole fleet is regularly Utilized in Multiple Training hours It Will bound Develop a Snag

We should Try To make it minimum Because in some cases its human error or Negligence of air crew
:truestory: yes, human errors can't be neglected, even the F22 belly flop was due to human error.

WARREN SS

Country flag
:truestory: yes, human errors can't be neglected, even the F22 belly flop was due to human error.
For example
brand new Factory made MKI Which was Crashed on 27 jun 2018 In HAL hanger itself was Due to human error by HAL Air crew Or Pilots
It Was Negligible :facepalm::facepalm:

I don't Know If responsibilities fixed here or Not

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
IAF MiG-29 crashed today in Punjab. It was an upgraded UPG single seater. :crying:

Luckily Pilot managed to bail out.

Why does this keep happening? I am not an expert on aircraft manufacturing or Maintenance but why does always happen to India every other month? We are losing millions of dollars worth aircraft every year because of these crashes. Already the IAF fleet is depleted with several squadrons that are now under strength and combined with that Indian Government and IAF still stuck in the stupid MMRCA 2.0 Competition lagging behind in picking a Fighter Jet and sticking to it instead of changing the requirement every other day.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I am gonna tell the truth due to which surely I will get a huge amount of flaming, but you need to hear this.

HAL is an incompetent burden to our defence sector, and it needs to be penalized heavily and scrapped ASAP. A better alternative will be to completely privatize HAL and/or sell it to TATA, Reliance or Kalyani who can handle the diabetic fat babus hogging up Indian taxpayers money.

The simple reason HAL does not work is the same principle communism never works. If you got no incentive to work at the end of the day, getting the same structured salary and promotions independent of your work quality, even the most honest and motivated person will feel his work going down the drain.

Shabby quality of HAL has cost us dearly over the years, and whoever has directly or indirectly ever worked with or in HAL, knows its notorious reputation.

DRDO, on the other hand, is doing better than HAL, although their productivity and innovation is different lab-to-lab.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Buy HAL Tejas with GE engines ✌ and fly with ezzzzz. No issue's of crashing and BS indigenous fly by wire works like charm Russian jets will always have crashing issues because of the engines which these jets have require more maintenance testing and care.

WARREN SS

Country flag
Buy HAL Tejas with GE engines ✌ and fly with ezzzzz. No issue's of crashing and BS indigenous fly by wire works like charm Russian jets will always have crashing issues because of the engines which these jets have require more maintenance testing and care.
Russians Engines are real culprit Look at Massive crash rate of Su-27

2 Crashed already this year only

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
No human error here. After the aircraft is in air, potential human error (like taking dangerous maneuvers) leaves the pilot no room for effective ejection. Human error is most probable during takeoff and landing.

The only reason the pilot has to abandon a flying jet in mid-air is only when aircraft is not in his control, which signals technical issues.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I fear, as soon as Tejas comes in numbers and roughened up by active duty in IAF, and gets little older, they will be crashing left and right due to poor quality parts from HAL

Russians Engines are real culprit Look at Massive crash rate of Su-27

2 Crashed already this year only
Russian engines? Mig-29 has 2 of them! What is the probability that BOTH of them develops snag at the same time?

Why JF-17 using the same Mig-29 engine has a lower crash rate? Why does Jaguar powered by Royce-Royce engines BUT manufactured by HAL have a high crash rate?

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Russian engines? Mig-29 has 2 of them! What is the probability that BOTH of them develops snag at the same time?

Why JF-17 using the same Mig-29 engine has a lower crash rate? Why does Jaguar powered by Royce-Royce engines BUT manufactured by HAL have a high crash rate?
Depends on many things.
You can recover aircraft with one engine till the time aircraft haven't catch fire. You can see a video in which IAF pilot is able to land a jaguar aircraft which lost on of the engines so he dropped the load in order to make aircraft stable.

Pakistani indigenous aircraft industry cannot even perform overhaul of the JF-17 whereas HAL is building and performing overhaul on these types of engines from 90s. Russian engines are not born fail
They fail because they require more maintenance and care because of higher thrust and higher stages. Who knows what is the sortie rate of PAF Jf-16.

Jaguar jet is old countries Like UK France have already retired that oldie you need to understand that once we procure a jet we cannot just keep flying it with a single engine we need to buy new engine and Parts from OEM to overhaul them keep them battle worthy the case with jaguar is it's oem have already stopped manufacturing it's spares now jaguar jet is already losing it's thrust is decreased by 20-30% that's why that jet crashes.
Tho some parts of jaguar engine have been developed by indigenous capabilities.

porky_kicker

Country flag
I am gonna tell the truth due to which surely I will get a huge amount of flaming, but you need to hear this.

HAL is an incompetent burden to our defence sector, and it needs to be penalized heavily and scrapped ASAP. A better alternative will be to completely privatize HAL and/or sell it to TATA, Reliance or Kalyani who can handle the diabetic fat babus hogging up Indian taxpayers money.

The simple reason HAL does not work is the same principle communism never works. If you got no incentive to work at the end of the day, getting the same structured salary and promotions independent of your work quality, even the most honest and motivated person will feel his work going down the drain.

Shabby quality of HAL has cost us dearly over the years, and whoever has directly or indirectly ever worked with or in HAL, knows its notorious reputation.

DRDO, on the other hand, is doing better than HAL, although their productivity and innovation is different lab-to-lab.
The most important question to ask

Who does the MRO on the mig29 ?

IAF or HAL ?

answer : IAF at ozar nasik at its mig29 repair and maintenance facility.

How can hal be responsible once a aircraft is cleared by IAF for induction . Every aircraft needs to pass through a series of flight tests both by hal and then the IAF before the IAF takes possession of the aircraft. If the IAF takes possession of the aircraft then it means the aircraft has no faults . What happens after that is the sole responsibility of the IAF.

In the case of mig 29 , the IAF is responsible since mro is being done at it's facilities and the aircraft cleared for flight by IAF itself.

How come IAF cleared for flight the mig29 with ( alleged ) faulty technical problems in the first place. If so the onus lies 100 % on the IAF maintenance and flight test crews who ( possibly ) did not test the aircraft and its sub systems 100%.

HAL has its faults but it has become the BOOGEYMAN to hide deficiencies in IAF itself.

How the heck does a twin engine aircraft crash ? Points to possible FBW failure , why the IAF ground crew fail to test the sub systems of FBW which is mandatory and detect the same ? Every aircraft goes through a series of pre-flight tests other than the routine tests post every flight.

Also possible the pilot is incompetent

Also possible there was sabotage , with help from douchebags in the airforce.

Problem is no action is taken on IAF by MoD for air crashes due to negligence , so they no longer care.

How come jf17 with an older engine rd33 is not crashing that too single engined. Here with even 2 engines aircraft crash regularly . Problem lies squarely with IAF ground crew . Chalta hai attitude.

Last edited:

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
The most important question to ask

IAF or HAL ?

answer : IAF at ozar nasik at its mig29 repair and maintenance facility.

How can hal be responsible once a aircraft is cleared by IAF for induction . Every aircraft needs to pass through a series of flight tests both by hal and then the IAF before the IAF takes possession of the aircraft. If the IAF takes possession of the aircraft then it means the aircraft has no faults .

But in this particular case of mig 29 , the IAF is responsible since mro is being done its it's facilities and the aircraft cleared for flight by IAF itself.

How come IAF cleared the mig29 with ( alleged ) faulty technical problems in the first place. If so the onus lies 100 % on the IAF maintenance and flight test crews who ( possibly ) did not test the aircraft and its sub systems 100%.

HAL has its faults but it has become the BOOGEYMAN to hide deficiencies in IAF itself.

How the heck does a twin engine aircraft crash ? Points to possible FBW failure , why the IAF ground crew fail to test the sub systems of FBW which is mandatory and detect the same ?

Also possible there was sabotage , with help from douchebags in the airforce .
HAL, they have their facility at Nashik airport. Major overhauling like that of Mig-29 MLU is not in the scope of IAF.

How can hal be responsible once a aircraft is cleared by IAF for induction . Every aircraft needs to pass through a series of flight tests both by hal and then the IAF before the IAF takes possession of the aircraft. If the IAF takes possession of the aircraft then it means the aircraft has no faults .
IAF can only check the performance parameters and other external factors. The main issue is low-quality parts & their integration due to inferior metallurgy and composites. For example, if I get my fuel-valve replaced for my car, I may inspect it for correct working, but it can fail the next day due to its subpar quality.

If you commit a mistake in IAF, there is accountability, and heads roll. Punishments are severe.
If you commit a mistake in HAL, your boss will simply deny the responsibility. If you are suspended for your mistake, enjoy the holiday at home because you are paid anyway, if you are displeased, you stir up the labour union to protest and shutdown whole HAL factory (really happened).

How the heck does a twin engine aircraft crash ? Points to possible FBW failure , why the IAF ground crew fail to test the sub systems of FBW which is mandatory and detect the same ?
previously Mig-29 practically had no FBW, can unlike F-16s and newer jets where its nearly impossible to fly the aircraft without FBW, Mig-29 pilots embrace it to make the aircraft supermanueverable. The pilot can switch it off if it fails anyway.

Possible, but as I said in my earlier post, once flying, hardly possible pilot actually made the aircraft crash by spiralling downward. Human errors happen the most during landing and takeoff. Once in air, you get ample time to correct your errors, and if not, you got no time to eject anyway.

porky_kicker

Country flag
HAL, they have their facility at Nashik airport. Major overhauling like that of Mig-29 MLU is not in the scope of IAF.

IAF can only check the performance parameters and other external factors. The main issue is low-quality parts & their integration due to inferior metallurgy and composites. For example, if I get my fuel-valve replaced for my car, I may inspect it for correct working, but it can fail the next day due to its subpar quality.

If you commit a mistake in IAF, there is accountability, and heads roll. Punishments are severe.
If you commit a mistake in HAL, your boss will simply deny the responsibility. If you are suspended for your mistake, enjoy the holiday at home because you are paid anyway, if you are displeased, you stir up the labour union to protest and shutdown whole HAL factory (really happened).

previously Mig-29 practically had no FBW, can unlike F-16s and newer jets where its nearly impossible to fly the aircraft without FBW, Mig-29 pilots embrace it to make the aircraft supermanueverable. The pilot can switch it off if it fails anyway.

Possible, but as I said in my earlier post, once flying, hardly possible pilot actually made the aircraft crash by spiralling downward. Human errors happen the most during landing and takeoff. Once in air, you get ample time to correct your errors, and if not, you got no time to eject anyway.
Why waste time bro defending the indefensible

Mig 29 mlu is done after every flight ?

The mig 29 that crashed was on its first flight after mlu ?

First understand the difference between mro and mlu

Mro is done by iaf at ozar nasik , not by hal. Are you telling me periodic maintenance , repair , pre flight tests , post flight maintenance , test etc is done by hal . Bro don't go there , no point arguing for arguments sake.

Low quality parts ? , inferior metallurgy ? etc , heard about about CEMILAC and its role . Why they give clearance for the same , to kill IAF pilots ?

PS
How many heads rolled in iaf due to negligence leading to crashes , give us the list of names ?

Last edited:

daya

Country flag
Why waste time bro defending the indefensible

Mig 29 mlu is done after every flight ?

The mig 29 that crashed was on its first flight after mlu ?

First understand the difference between mro and mlu

Mro is done by iaf at ozar nasik , not by hal. Are you telling me periodic maintenance , repair , pre flight tests , post flight maintenance , test etc is done by hal . Bro don't go there , no point arguing for arguments sake.

Low quality parts ? , inferior metallurgy ? etc , heard about about CEMILAC and its role . Why they give clearance for the same , to kill IAF pilots ?

PS
How many heads rolled in iaf due to negligence leading to crashes , give us the list of names ?
You all are missing a point. The condition of the maintenance crew at IAF itself. The technicians are being ignored. Are they not a part of IAF. Don't get offended, but at the same time, it must be looked into.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag

F-22 CRASHED.

USAF confirms the pilot ejected and is in stable condition at a hospital. The aircraft belonged to the 45th Fighter Squadron, a training unit that moved to Eglin temporarily after Tyndall AFB was struck by a hurricane. Crash occurred on Eglin training range 12mi NE of main base

Global Defence

New threads

Articles