AH-64E Apache attack helicopter

rkhanna

Country flag
That's how Americans operste. But SOFs were mainly recon. They did not knock down Iraqi radars to open aircraft corridors. The credit still goes to Apache.
Oh no sir. I completely agree with you. But dont discount the fact that Delta and the various other Task Forces were providing realtime targeting intel to the Apaches, Providing overwatch for their approach corridors and Protecting their flanks from OpFor Infantry. ALL CRITICAL Tasks for successful Rotary Based Assaults.

Also coming back to the SEAD/DEAD mission that opened the Gulf War.

The Apaches were the primary deliverer of Ordanance. 160th SOAR/AFSOC Pave Lows were providing EW and Heavy Jamming Support. for the SEAD work. The Apaches delivered the DEAD load out.

Point being Combined Arms! There is a rarely one hero in the 21st century battlefield.

PS. SOF also did conduct SEAD/DEAD missions.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
HAL LCH program cost is aprrox 100 million and we can already see the result.
A investment of 1 billion can cover both the Helicopter and Turbo shaft engine.

Could be since there are no kickbacks in these American weapons deals.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Realistically looking at it we should buy at least 80 Apaches or Kickstart our own Heavy Helicopter Project.
The Issue with Indigenous Heli is the Engine I don't think anyone will be ready to provide them.
Russia may.

If we can make electronics as good as Apache, we can use Russian KA 52 black Shark as well. It is a state of art chopper more powerful than Apache. i think it lacks in electronics only and may be in weapon package. Rest of the things are fine.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
6 Heli for more than 900million USD o_O
Wait till bill of material is released. It will contain list of all items being purchased as part of the deal including extra engines, weapons package, training & maintenance.

Me personally, I would like to see purchase of more hellfire. Just so that IA can do comparative trails with Helina, and so that we can know for a fact what the fuss is all about hellfire.

south block

up your a**
Country flag
Wait till bill of material is released. It will contain list of all items being purchased as part of the deal including extra engines, weapons package, training & maintenance.

Me personally, I would like to see purchase of more hellfire. Just so that IA can do comparative trails with NAG, and so that we can know for a fact what the fuss is all about hellfire.
would hellfire managed to overcome modern hard kill APS like afghanit though?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles