Agni V Missile

TheVarun

Tell this to Chinese government which is crying after Agni 5 test that it's range is 8000kms and not 5000kms as claimed by India. And india is delibrately downplaying the range of Agni 5. Please convince them they are shocked.....
What was interesting is that the Chinese media first denigrated Agni-5 on the day of launch, saying that it is not as sophisticated as Indians think, and that China is way ahead. India's infrastructure, it was also claimed, is weak and incapable of supporting a long range missile. The very next day, the same media accused India of deliberately understating the range of Agni-5, so as not to appear threatening to Europe! The idea was to make India look bad either way, not to find any abstraction called "the truth"!

no smoking

Country flag
Few people here don't understand difference between components and parameters.
Someone just doesn't understand the relationship between components and parameters. What is the parameters need to collected in the tests? The majority is the internal operating status of major components during the flying and external environment data. 600 parameters from 3 tests are too damn small.

Craigs

Country flag
Firstly, the Chinese government doesn't say anything about Agni-5 range until today, it was a Chinese TV program commentator said that, so please don't fool yourselves;
Secondly, 5000km seems to be short for a 50t ballistic missile at the time, but after several tests, now people concludes that is range of Agni-5, so you don't hear anyone making that claim anymore, even the guy himself.

The funny thing is the India fanboys like you always take one person's one claim in one time as the fact.
Is there independent media in China?????

no smoking

Country flag
You mentioned them yourself.:bplease: Varying these two parameters can vary the range of missile by huge margins. Many times media has quoted that a test was carried out in depressed trajectory. Which means missile wasnt tested to maximum range but of course other parameters like engine, cep etc can be tested in limited range too. Its quite easy to downplay the actual range of missile by launching it in such a way that maximum range isnt covered in tests.
It is just like you throwing a stone. How far the stone can reach is decided by
1. the throwing strength;
2. the angle;
3.the weight of the stone

If you always use the same stone, then you can change the range by changing the strength or the angle.

Now in term of your Agni-5, unlike liquid engine, solid engines can't change the thrust, once it starts burning, it won't be able to shut down until it burns out. In others words, the thrust and the duration of the engine are fixed figures. So, if your missile is that stone, we can confirm that your throwing strength and stone weight are unchangeable, then we easily figure out the ranges in different angles (Trajectory). So, you don't need carry out full range test, people can easily predicate your range.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Someone just doesn't understand the relationship between components and parameters. What is the parameters need to collected in the tests? The majority is the internal operating status of major components during the flying and external environment data. 600 parameters from 3 tests are too damn small.
Someone has this very bad habit of not reading what is quoted.

Look,” he said earnestly after a few minutes of leg-pulling over our off-the-mark reports, “I always knew I couldn’t afford several tests of my missile. Every time I test, I am burning up costly hardware which I can’t afford. So I had packed more than 600 parameters in three tests. My missile is ready.”
Did Kalam used the term Parameters or Components?

parameter
pəˈramɪtə/
noun
noun: parameter; plural noun: parameters
  1. 1.
    technical
    a numerical or other measurable factor forming one of a set that defines a system or sets the conditions of its operation.
    "there are three parameters by which a speaker is able to modify the meaning of the utterance—pitch, volume, and tempo"
    • Mathematics
      a quantity whose value is selected for the particular circumstances and in relation to which other variable quantities may be expressed.
    • Statistics
      a numerical characteristic of a population, as distinct from a statistic of a sample.
  2. 2.
    a limit or boundary which defines the scope of a particular process or activity.
    "the parameters within which the media work"
    synonyms: framework, variable, limit, boundary, limiting factor, limitation, restriction, specification, criterion, guideline;
    technicalconstant
    "they set the parameters of the debate"
Origin
upload_2018-8-1_13-30-44.png

mid 17th century: modern Latin, from Greek para- ‘beside’ + metron ‘measure’.
component
kəmˈpəʊnənt/
noun
plural noun: components
  1. a part or element of a larger whole, especially a part of a machine or vehicle.
    "an assembly plant for imported components"
    synonyms: part, piece, bit, constituent, element, ingredient;More
    unit, module, item;
    section, portion;
    rareintegrant
    "the components of electronic devices such as televisions and computers"
    • each of two or more forces, velocities, or other vectors acting in different directions which are together equivalent to a given vector.
      "he resolved the motion into horizontal and vertical components"
Origin
upload_2018-8-1_13-31-11.png

mid 17th century: from Latin component- ‘putting together’, from the verb componere, from com- ‘together’ + ponere ‘put’. Compare with compound1.
Again its a very bad habit of comparing work culture of two nations. Component testing is not bound to be done in a firing test. But Parameter testing is done only in a firing test.

Attachments

no smoking

Country flag
Someone has this very bad habit of not reading what is quoted

Component testing is not bound to be done in a firing test. But Parameter testing is done only in a firing test.
There are 2 types of component tests:
1. The simulation test of component working status on the ground which represents component performance in static status;
2. Since ground test can't simulate the complicated environments under high speed, such as extreme high/low temperatures, changing gravity, etc, you need to further test them in the flight. So, in the first several times flying tests, within the RV, instead of simulated warhead, people set up several test recording equipment to record the working parameters of major components as well as the external environmental data through the whole flight.

Flame Thrower

@Chinmoy and @no smoking why are you discussing on inconclusive data.

Kalam had said 600 parameters were tested in three tests...

There is no mention of components chinomy's quote.

With insufficient data, why are you guys fighting!?

Why do you @no smoking always assume that, Kalam, the missile man of India doesn't know that how to test his missile components and parameters. You may all point out the how testing should be done, but we all know the results and few statements about the missile, not the testing process, component design, list of all the parameters, the changes that came afterwards like Agni 2 developed into Agni 4 and Agni 3 to Agni 5.

What is the need to arguing about something you or we both don't know......

@no smoking thinks that enough tests aren't done. Fine. He is allowed to think so, but that doesn't change the reality. Scientists who work are well aware of the situations during the times of development and they know that how many launches they can get to test the missile completely...

Let's end this useless, pointless, stupid discussion where no useful info can come out, or start a private chat and discuss till both come to a conclusion....

Thus I rest my case.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
From thetimesofindia,
Jul 1, 2018

India's most potent missile Agni-V to be inducted soon

India is in the process of inducting the first batch of its intercontinental ballistic missile system — Agni-V — which will bring targets across China within its range, and is expected to significantly bolster the country's military prowess .

View attachment 26263
Ouf !
France is out of range :hail:

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Just imagine China with the 15 bigger city and the 15 bigger military bases scratched.... it's far than enough to be highly credible.
These are good enough for disrupting economy but not ending the enmity permanently. The minimum deterrence is not permanent solution

arya

Country flag
how much our agni 5 will capable against Chinese s 400 , how is our chance against s 400

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
What is the permanent solution? Let us hear it.
In case of China, permanent solution is to make a deal that India will not host any Tibet separatists after Dalai Lama. India must make a deal that India will not appoint junior Lama to succeed Dalai Lama and in return China will not poke inside Indian side of LAC, once Dalai Lama is no more.

Jameson Emoni

In case of China, permanent solution is to make a deal that India will not host any Tibet separatists after Dalai Lama. India must make a deal that India will not appoint junior Lama to succeed Dalai Lama and in return China will not poke inside Indian side of LAC, once Dalai Lama is no more.
That is called surrender of national interests. That is not a solution either permanent or temporary. Try again. We are listening.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
That is called surrender of national interests. That is not a solution either permanent or temporary. Try again. We are listening.
Nonense. Tibet is not Indian interest. India wants full control over the southern side of himalayas and is not interested in controlling northern side. This is very clear.

It is not in any interest to start war over random territories. Tomorrow you will start a war saying the USA flag on the moon is aggression! Try again, this time, with proper objectives

Jameson Emoni

Nonense. Tibet is not Indian interest. India wants full control over the southern side of himalayas and is not interested in controlling northern side. This is very clear.

It is not in any interest to start war over random territories. Tomorrow you will start a war saying the USA flag on the moon is aggression! Try again, this time, with proper objectives
No body is saying that we need to start a war. We are simply waiting for you to suggest a permanent solution. So what is the permanent solution?

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
No body is saying that we need to start a war. We are simply waiting for you to suggest a permanent solution. So what is the permanent solution?
I already said that India has no interest in regions across geographical boundaries and hence Tibet is an issue which India must never had intervened

Flame Thrower

What is the permanent solution? Let us hear it.
I am also interested...!!!

I wouldn't completely call it surrender, but yeah, definitely a sign of huge weakness.

Media would surely portray it as "India lost to China. If there is any propaganda war, I am sure that we'll lose it and lose it very badly.

I already said that India has no interest in regions across geographical boundaries and hence Tibet is an issue which India must never had intervened
This is no answer or permanent solution either.

We had intervened, unfortunately we can't change the past. Giving up now on goodwill does not benefit either. Nehru's goodwill is still haunting us in the name of IWT.

Jameson Emoni

Tibet has been an independent country for thousands of years. China invaded Tibet and Tibetans who could, they escaped to India. China does not get to decide what India's national interests are.

So, now, let us hear your permanent solution. So far you have proposed nothing that can be called a solution.

Jameson Emoni

I am also interested...!!!

I wouldn't completely call it surrender, but yeah, definitely a sign of huge weakness.

Media would surely portray it as "India lost to China. If there is any propaganda war, I am sure that we'll lose it and lose it very badly.

This is no answer or permanent solution either.

We had intervened, unfortunately we can't change the past. Giving up now on goodwill does not benefit either. Nehru's goodwill is still haunting us in the name of IWT.
It is China who intervened in Tibet by attacking and occupying it. But that is between China and Kishtij. I just want to know what is the permanent solution?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles