Agni V Missile

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
3 MIRV?
The Agni-V 's payload is 1.5 ton. Considering the bus and other equipment will count half of the weight, you only get 750kg for your 3 warheads, which means only 250kg for each. The question is: does India have developed RV weight at 250kg?
India did test thermonuclear bomb with lead tamper to reduce blast. It was recorded at 45kT. With uranium tamper snd more deuterium, it is possible to make 200kT bomb in 250-300kg.

India is pretty advanced in nuclear technology. Even some Russian officials have said this openly. There is little reason to doubt India having 250-300kg thermonuclear bomb

WARREN SS

Country flag
India did test thermonuclear bomb with lead tamper to reduce blast. It was recorded at 45kT. With uranium tamper snd more deuterium, it is possible to make 200kT bomb in 250-300kg.

India is pretty advanced in nuclear technology. Even some Russian officials have said this openly. There is little reason to doubt India having 250-300kg thermonuclear bomb
Actionually it's pretty easy today with advantacement of scalable computing that it was in 60's
With advanced of 3D printing it becaming more easy day by day

Only problem is tritium and production of HEU which India has enough today

You don't need 200KT fusion bomb

Even a better designed Fission based bomb can yied 400KT or more depending upon quality of HEU

French tests are example

I am sure about capibilities of BARC they surely upgraded the design of warheads and it capicity in last 20 years since pokhran 2018

I have some friends working for BARC saying if somehow we get one more chance for demostration of our nuclear capibilities this time the test will shock the entire planet

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
3 MIRV?
The Agni-V 's payload is 1.5 ton. Considering the bus and other equipment will count half of the weight, you only get 750kg for your 3 warheads, which means only 250kg for each. The question is: does India have developed RV weight at 250kg?
There is a lot of ambiguity with range and load capacity of Indian missiles. Any information as open source can not be taken as Gospel's truth.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
So effectively US decides whether to fight or not....hence the reason India is skeptical about US fighters too....
not really.
If USA want but UK don't : no fire ! So USA don't decide alone.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
3 MIRV?
A very good question.
If I remember well, I've read that a world class RV weight is no less than 230kg. Does India so evolved ???

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
A very good question.
If I remember well, I've read that a world class RV weight is no less than 230kg. Does India so evolved ???
1.5ton payload divided by 3 gives 500kg RV. Excluding the weight of covering and casing, the weight of the warhead alone is what needs to be in 250kg.

captscooby81

Country flag
Nitin gokhale is trying to hint something about the Agni 5 Test not sure what it is ..Also i take his views little pinch of salt as he is Pro BJP Defence Journo Pro Govt ..Still if its something is true in his quote then i am more than delighted with the latest Agni 5 Test ..

sorcerer

Country flag

lcafanboy

Country flag
Someone wants to be skeptical about our scientists, just showed him, his place.

View attachment 25543

Not very easy time for me, but i had to speak up for our guys.
He He He He.. Let them laugh and be skeptical as much as they can, the more the better since we know our capabilities. They will be in for some real nasty surprise during wRw....:devil::devil::devil:

no smoking

Country flag
Well, it is possible to make 200kt bomb in 250-300kg, after all P5 have proved that. But it is highly unlikely to achieve that with 1 test. It took all P5 countries more than 10 years and dozen of actual tests to figure out how to minimize a warhead.

Besides, nuclear core is only a part of RV, there are other components you also need to minimize as well, shell material, mechanics, electronic, sensors, etc, which present a long list of challenges to your industrial capabilities.

This kind of diplomatic words mean nothing. The international science community is still strongly questioning if India's first H-bomb is a success, not to mention a 250-300kg bomb.

Jameson Emoni

Not really.
It's a double keys system. To fire these missiles UK AND USA must agree.
Well, the point is, UK cannot fire these missiles without US permission. If US needs to shoot a missile at someone it has plenty of its own, it does not need these shared missiles. So whether UK approval is needed or not is a moot point.

no smoking

Country flag
A very good question.
There is one thing can answer you question: If they are so evolved, they should've signed the CTBT since they claimed to be on part with other nuclear powers.

Kay

Country flag
We have tested 40 KT weapons which are good enough deterrents. Nobody in India is losing sleep for us not having enough bang.
We have high confidence 200 KT weapons which can be quickly tested and produced should the need arise. We are not going to sign the CTBT so that our enemies live in fear.
In short, we have more than we need and can get more if we want.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
That dumbfuck is one of the NPT ayatollah. Best to ignore idiots like him.
Not to worry, as and when find they will be defamed and exposed. They are trying their best to stop India from getting Hypersonic. Randcorp is forefront in this effort. You will find me exposing them.

binayak95

Country flag
There is one thing can answer you question: If they are so evolved, they should've signed the CTBT since they claimed to be on part with other nuclear powers.
The reason for not signing the CTBT is not so that we can test warheads to perfect our tech. It's a political statement. We have already committed ourselves to no further tests under the 123 Agreement signed with the US.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Well, it is possible to make 200kt bomb in 250-300kg, after all P5 have proved that. But it is highly unlikely to achieve that with 1 test. It took all P5 countries more than 10 years and dozen of actual tests to figure out how to minimize a warhead.

Besides, nuclear core is only a part of RV, there are other components you also need to minimize as well, shell material, mechanics, electronic, sensors, etc, which present a long list of challenges to your industrial capabilities.

This kind of diplomatic words mean nothing. The international science community is still strongly questioning if India's first H-bomb is a success, not to mention a 250-300kg bomb.
How many P5 mrmbers reached Mars in first attempt? You have no idea about Desi jugaad technology of Indians.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles