Agni V Missile

AMCA

Country flag
One thing i am not able to understand is why this missile has camouflage paint scheme when it is required to sit inside a canister.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Uncanny camo resemblance with Paki missile....

Agni V

Pak Ra'ad....

binayak95

Country flag
Sorry, I haven't read all this thread.
How many independant warheads on the Agni 5 ? what yield each?
3 MIRV, and its a trade off between warhead weight and range. Range is confusing, 8k is for sure, but I've heard that it can be greater. Much greater.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Sorry, I haven't read all this thread.
How many independant warheads on the Agni 5 ? what yield each?
No official info whatsoever on that. Members here can only guess. We don't even know what is the maximum yield device that India has. Some say we are already making 200kt thermonuclear warheads. While other sources say we only have 20-50 kt warheads.

lcafanboy

Country flag
@lcafanboy Here he is saying there is no MIRV/MARV ..

@AMCA something on the paint job and also on the range

The missile is still under development. Also this is first test from canister I suppose. First time they have released fotos of agni 5 with canister launch. Mirv is already tested with agni 3. Don't expect goi to declare so soon as it will be crossing the Rubicon which can attract sanction and make other nations suspicious about India. Further agni 5 & 6 are completely different family of missiles, these are actually surya 1&2 full blown ICBMs with mirvs Agni 6 will come with minimum 5-7 warheads with above 10000kms range just short of reaching America so as to not annoy uncle. K4 and K5 too are mirved.

There's a reason why chinese are crying as they have lost nuclear blackmailing capability and doklam is a proof where all their threats were countered by similar threats from India and China backed off. Also chinese have toned down and are now talking about CBM and resolving issues through talks and negotiation....

Enjoy the new power status of India which will only keep on improving from here...:)

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The missile is still under development. Also this is first test from canister I suppose. First time they have released fotos of agni 5 with canister launch. Mirv is already tested with agni 3. Don't expect goi to declare so soon as it will be crossing the Rubicon which can attract sanction and make other nations suspicious about India. Further agni 5 & 6 are completely different family of missiles, these are actually surya 1&2 full blown ICBMs with mirvs Agni 6 will come with minimum 5-7 warheads with above 10000kms range just short of reaching America so as to not annoy uncle. K4 and K5 too are mirved.

There's a reason why chinese are crying as they have lost nuclear blackmailing capability and doklam is a proof where all their threats were countered by similar threats from India and China backed off. Also chinese have toned down and are now talking about CBM and resolving issues through talks and negotiation....

Enjoy the new power status of India which will only keep on improving from here...:)
I think this is 4th canister test launch. First two were without canister.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Believe the Agni V missile was tested at a 3000 km range today, not a full range test.

lcafanboy

Country flag
No official info whatsoever on that. Members here can only guess. We don't even know what is the maximum yield device that India has. Some say we are already making 200kt thermonuclear warheads. While other sources say we only have 20-50 kt warheads.
We definitely have 200kt warheads. See @sayareakd thread of new fotos of pokhran 2. BTW do you know we had more than 450 nuclear weapons even in 1994 of which few were for Bofors guns. Now that is called tactical Nukes unlike Porkies who always FART about tactical weapons. If we had miniaturized Nukes in 1990s we definitely had hydrogen bombs too as these are first stage of hydrogen bombs and then comes multiple stages of fusion by adding tritium (which we had in abundance due to unique heavy water manufacturing facility which produces tritium which even US doesn't have) and deuterium. So we already have 200kt weapons also it's been 20 years we have tested pokhran 2 and so there could be several improvements which would have gone into making lighter and better warheads.

If that fat pig kim Jong can demonstrate hydrogen bombs with no industrial base India with so huge industrial base and talent can definitely do with much ease...

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
1st test: 19 April2012 (Open mode)
2nd test: 15 Sept 2013 (OM)
3rd test: 31 Jan 2015 (Canister) [Sacked DRDO head Dr Avinash Chander present}
4th test: 26 Dec 2016 (C)
5th test: 18 Jan 2018 (C)
6th test: 03 June 2018 (C)

* One more test likely before induction

* Today's launch was to reinforce the reliability & efficiacy of the missile. The missile fell into the Australian waters, at the designated area, with no physical target (like a decommissioned ship etc). [Tested range was just about 5000 only, claim scientists.]

* The new paint scheme (camouflage) is closer to the mil colours it will finally have. The missile will have the finetuned final colors during the next launch. The colours have no significance during the end game.

* No MIRVMARV features yet on #Agni5, say insiders. However, work on these capabilities are being developed at Missile Complex for some time now. Also, insiders say work on an advanced missile (unnamed) already on. [Note: Last line is a claim, I can't confirm.]

* A total of 300 scientists and engineers have worked on this mission from across various @DRDO_India labs. Out of this close to 200 are youngsters, which is inspiring

source ...taramark007 fb page

lcafanboy

Country flag
I think this is 4th canister test launch. First two were without canister.
First time they have actually released fotos of canister launch. All earlier foto release were hiding the launch mechanism by shooting from behind the trees, so can't be confirmed but this one is explicit.

no smoking

Country flag
3 MIRV, and its a trade off between warhead weight and range. Range is confusing, 8k is for sure, but I've heard that it can be greater. Much greater.
3 MIRV?
The Agni-V 's payload is 1.5 ton. Considering the bus and other equipment will count half of the weight, you only get 750kg for your 3 warheads, which means only 250kg for each. The question is: does India have developed RV weight at 250kg?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles