Agni V Missile

Bullet

Country flag
You doubt? o_O
Bet you we have from a decade, since Agni 3...:)
It's so obvious, if we can launch multiple satellites using a single Rocket, into different orbit using launch bus, we can launch multiple RV warheads using single missile into different trajectory to hit different cities. Now check out since when ISRO is launching multiple satellites using PSLV you will know since when we have mirv capabilities....:biggrin2:
I love your simple logic. [emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

porky_kicker

Country flag
In order to carry out a full range test, you either have a land size as large as Russia, or a strong ocean control like US on east Pacific. Otherwise, everyone will closely watch your test and you just give away all your critical missile data to them.
Seriously ?

First thing you totally missed the gist of my post which you quoted

Secondly

Large land mass is kind of necessary for testing ground / air launched long range cruise missiles / articles. However It is not a requisite for testing long range ballistic missiles unless if you have the luxury.

Even then long range cruise missiles etc can be tested at floating test ranges if one has the necessary infrastructure to support the same.

DRDO project 20 MRIS is dedicated towards testing primarily such articles and on a secondary role can support project OSS MRIS which is primarily for testing ballistic articles.

And what do you mean by strong ocean control ?
It is noobish claim , tests can be conducted in international waters provided notams are issued

As for snooping , everybody snoops on everybodies tests be it land or over water.

But do you even know what they snoop for ?
Provided If you know then you will also know what it means ie the beginning of a long headache for the snoopers with no guaranteed success.

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Look at this pic from ISRO

Look hard
And keep looking
Don't stop staring at it
If the truth draws on you then you may stop looking :biggrin2:

DuQ6G5JVAAA3DpD.jpeg

@sayareakd just for fun try to compare the structure with the relevant iit k drdo slides. Keep in mind that structural scaling will vary due to required optimised nature of the military article.

Last edited:

Vishal Chandorkar

Country flag
You doubt? o_O
Bet you we have from a decade, since Agni 3...:)
It's so obvious, if we can launch multiple satellites using a single Rocket, into different orbit using launch bus, we can launch multiple RV warheads using single missile into different trajectory to hit different cities. Now check out since when ISRO is launching multiple satellites using PSLV you will know since when we have mirv capabilities....:biggrin2:
I am not doubting. Happy to know that we do have it. I used to think it’s still in the works. Ur correlation makes sense

lcafanboy

Country flag

Look hard
And keep looking
Don't stop staring at it

View attachment 30259

@sayareakd just for fun try to compare the structure with the relevant iit k drdo slides. Keep in mind that structural scaling will vary due to required optimised nature of the military article.
Yes! This is it agni 3 mirv bus....:devil::devil:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
In order to carry out a full range test, you either have a land size as large as Russia, or a strong ocean control like US on east Pacific. Otherwise, everyone will closely watch your test and you just give away all your critical missile data to them.
Purpose is to know our capabilities, if you could handle it, good for you. You will also know that deterrence at work.

shiphone

Country flag
LOL.... dear young Indian...I'm really surprised that you have never seen the 4th stage of PSLV...the PS4...which was there from the very begining.

just try this keyword "pslv 4th stage" on google.

Last edited:

Advaidhya Tiwari

Look hard
And keep looking
Don't stop staring at it

View attachment 30259

It is PSLV 4th stage image which you took from WikiPedia. It looks like a Shiv Ling. But what is the specialty here?

Chinmoy

Country flag
LOL.... dear young Indian...I'm really surprised that you have never seen the 4th stage of PSLV...the PS4...which was there from the very begining.

Well @porky_kicker did mentioned it is from ISRO. He just asked to compare it with another slide presented by DRDO.

porky_kicker

Country flag

I have no words left except to thank you sir for enlightening me on the issue.

Please continue doing the good work.

Saying anything else on the matter will be a obvious waste of time won't it ?

And sir I hope you realised the joke is on whom, mr . Obvious :biggrin2:

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
agni-iii-1540x800.jpg

pg-38-india-ap.jpg

Another question

What are the circular vents ( bleed ports ? / thruster vents ? / etc etc ) for ? 4 in no .

Look at the base of the cone 1st pic ( 2 of such are visible ) 2nd pic 2 of such are visible

I am sure our Chinese comrades will be happy to help us ( Just do a small favour and don't state the obvious facts like it is Agni 3 blah blah ........ )

Anybody ? :biggrin2:

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag

Look hard
And keep looking
Don't stop staring at it

View attachment 30259

Will explain the same later in a week or so, but anybody here who can beat me to it ?

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag

Look hard
And keep looking
Don't stop staring at it

View attachment 30259

Will explain the same later in a week or so, but anybody here who can beat me to it ?
A small hint ( analogue if I might say )

7375408882_1060ba3206_b.jpg

images.jpeg

ugm-133-trident-ii-sub-launched-ballistic-missile-mirv-warheads.jpg

Now correlate with the ISRO pic I posted

Also don't forget to include the DRDO iit slides

DuQ6G5JVAAA3DpD.jpeg

Also this isro slide should help get more insight

7785618_xsdr8te_jpeg889c8e5acff395c20863856b3fff7f17.jpeg

And it goes without saying what I was trying to imply from the perspective of available and demonstrated civilian technology at the hands of ISRO which can give a insight to the expected relevant military systems like Post Boost Control System (PBCS)

Only need is engineering and SWaP optimisation as per design needs and inclusion of required additional technology like military grade GNC etc etc to the above for a military grade version either as derived system or as a new purpose built system utilising the tech building blocks from the same

Samgne wale samaj gaenge , Ishara kafi hai

@sayareakd @Chinmoy and others
And last but not the least our Chinese comrades :biggrin2:

Last edited:

indiatester

Country flag
A small hint ( analogue if I might say )

View attachment 30293

View attachment 30294

View attachment 30295

Now correlate with the ISRO pic I posted

Also don't forget to include the DRDO iit slides

View attachment 30296

Also this isro slide should help get more insight

View attachment 30297

And it goes without saying what I was trying to imply from the perspective of available and demonstrated civilian technology at the hands of ISRO which can give a insight to the expected relevant military systems like Post Boost Control System (PBCS)

Only need is engineering and SWaP optimisation as per design needs and inclusion of required additional technology like military grade GNC etc etc to the above for a military grade version either as derived system or as a new purpose built system utilising the tech building blocks from the same

Samgne wale samaj gaenge , Ishara kafi hai

@sayareakd @Chinmoy and others
And last but not the least our Chinese comrades :biggrin2:
But thats not the nose cone shape of our missiles. Are you suggesting that they are compatible? The diameter of PSLV's 4th state is 2.8mtrs vs that of Agni 2 mtrs. Not to mention that PSLV is liquid engine vs Agni solid. (don't flame me for stating the obvious)

Ah well, I will wait for your explanation later on.

porky_kicker

Country flag
But thats not the nose cone shape of our missiles. Are you suggesting that they are compatible? The diameter of PSLV's 4th state is 2.8mtrs vs that of Agni 2 mtrs. Not to mention that PSLV is liquid engine vs Agni solid. (don't flame me for stating the obvious)

Ah well, I will wait for your explanation later on.
Sir where did I say they are explicitly compatible ?

One cannot simply take a civilian system and utilise it perse , I mentioned SWaP , optimisation engineering , technology blocks didn't I ?

Why are you mentioning Agni 2 ? It is irrelevant in the discussion. It sports a single RV

Agni 3 has 3 mirvs but does not follow the above template , it uses a different payload bus configuration designed with a little help from the ruskies .

I was alluding all along to Agni 6 , k 4/5 etc those missiles which have ( will have ) ogival nose cone shape . Why do you think I kept mentioning DRDO IIT slides in the relevant posts of mine ?

Also from guys I know , they alluded that the PSLV trans stage post boost control system ( PBCS ) can be considered equivalent to US multiple launch technology. Though they added optimisation and certifying the same is a entirely different ball game and takes lot of effort and time. Infact it involves herculean effort

Last edited:

indiatester

Country flag
Sir where did I say they are explicitly compatible ?

One cannot simply take a civilian system and utilise it perse , I mentioned SWaP , optimisation engineering , technology blocks didn't I ?

Why are you mentioning Agni 2 ? It is irrelevant in the discussion. It sports a single RV

Agni 3 has 3 mirvs but does not follow the above template , it uses a different payload bus configuration designed with a little help from the ruskies .

I was alluding all along to Agni 6 , k 4/5 etc those missiles which have ( will have ) ogival nose cone shape . Why do you think I kept mentioning DRDO IIT slides in the relevant posts of mine ?
I doubt anyone thinks that we are not capable of MIRV. It has always been the political decision not to do it (not sure why. I highly doubt it will lead to an arms race).
Even if we do use similar bus configurations and nose cone shapes from PSLV, we still need to test them a few times to be sure don't we?

Arihant Roy

Country flag
I doubt anyone thinks that we are not capable of MIRV. It has always been the political decision not to do it (not sure why. I highly doubt it will lead to an arms race).
Even if we do use similar bus configurations and nose cone shapes from PSLV, we still need to test them a few times to be sure don't we?

Fellas have a look at this image. Trident D5 third stage MIRV bus with Mk5 MIRV.

Compare it with the initial fourth stage PSLV pic that porky_kicker had posted.

Attachments

Global Defence

New threads

Articles