Agni V Missile

keshtopatel

well wings of fire is a biography it not an open source that anyone can write any crap about it and read vikaram sarahabahi biography you will know and if you still cant find it then there is something wrong with your reading skills i guess, and by the way ISRO was founded roughly more then 45 years ago so do you think they change their policy ever decade no some principles remain the same no matter what and did you know that vikram sarabhi was even against launching the military satellite with the help of ISRO but the government did not listen to him on that India's cryo-engine failure: Beginning not the end: Rediff.com India News
read it carefully where it says that ISRO is probated for military application i can provide you better source but why don't u find it for yourself
Biography, which is being sold for paltry 5 dollars to every Tom Dik n Harry is not an open source?

Lolum lol here....

Please learn some - Policies are subject to changes! its universal.

Example of highest standard superpower: USA and Vietnam.....

Even India has changed its policies several times (read Israel-NAM et al)

well it is prohibited by the government itself
Show me any government order then, any docket number you can refer.

Remember you have forbid me from qouting open sources, so you dont do the same on this either......

the only thing you are referring is from some open sources or press release
And on rediff.com I am sorry, because I can not accept it, as it being an open source too. Period.

Open source intelligence is a form of intelligence collection management that involves finding, selecting, and acquiring information from publicly available sources and analyzing it to produce actionable intelligence. In the intelligence community (IC), the term "open" refers to overt, publicly available sources (as opposed to covert or classified sources); it is not related to open-source software or public intelligence.
Thus your provided source IS an open source and not acceptable.

Consider it tit for tat!

keshtopatel

I think they had persuaded Indian gov to resist from 10K range

Now where does it say 10K range? Arm twisting & diplomatic pressure is always there in globalized world.
As I thought that the word to the wise should suffice, but alas it is not!

If the US of A is pressuring India on Agni, that also on short range, then why it is not understood that they will do the same on 10,000 Km because it directely affects thier security! Well you got proof on short range, so use the hindsight here.

You can not say US can not do that, because they have done that to the country like Russia too, and I have furnished the proof!

So if they CAN, this should be the end of matter itself.

Its akin to saying that US forbids India to eat meat (short range Agni) and you are saying show me the proof that they have forbid India not to eat pork (10,000 Km)

Well, first of all, read my following statement where I did NOT make any claim:

I think they had persuaded Indian gov to resist from 10K range
Marely said that I think........

Why the heck I am unnecesary presurised to furnish the proof without myself making any claim or commitment on such?

Its obfuscation!

My opinion you think changing -

Now you have problem with my addition of word "tweaked".
Well additional words added means a lot, hence I do have a problem.

THE ANALOGY:

I am a thief.
I am not a thief
Did you see how an added word can make the hell of a difference?

None of them makes A5 an ICBM, which was my prime individual opinion.

A5 is ICBM or is not - its your wrong definition of 6000 Km being non ICBM thats where I tried to tackle you, afterall how can you go against the universal scientific principles and definitions. This way you are bringing whole industry, science against you.

NEW VERSION: with additional wording:
Yes tweaked 6000Km A5 is no ICBM. And I repeat my words, I stick to -
OLD VERSION :

I won't exactly consider A5 a 5000-6000 Km range missile a cross-continent hitting world-class absolute ICBM
I think Jury is out on this.....

On CEP:

Now when you are making argument that I have added word "first" just now.

So your recent remark -

Now Check my very first post responding member named "manc" - #130

I dont need to dig up your past 3000 posts, for what?
On this the onus is upon you!
Shall I similarly say, hey check my past posts with tom dik n Harry on Pakistanforum?
Try to be rational

I hope you recognized the word & you can check the post made when you were not even part of discussion. I maintain the same stand. So don't comment on my reputation. I won't tolerate personal remarks hereafter.

If I was not part of a discussion because I was not a member then, or I did not read every thread of this site, does it mean you have recourse on me, on this¿¿¿¿

You can always put up your views to a new comer on proper prospective, without resorting to tactics like why did you not check my post number 9999.......these are things of the past!

On Armed User acceptance:

My statement -

Nrj says:
And hence without matching the mandatory level IA/IN will not accept deliveries from DRDO.
There is nothing mandatory on this accuracy CEP, where did you get this? Has IA-IN said that?
There is a precedence on the contrary whereby they have accepted the CEP far greater than normal as per your standard of 100 (you are on the record) previously.

Dont obscure the issue here please.

When did I say that I have official word for CEP from IA?
If you dont, then why use the word "mandatory" ? I know you dont have it (CEP requirement), you (probably) cant have it.

My previous rant on this to you therefore:

If you dont know the requirements of IA on CEP, why you are harping on the same here, again n again?

To which you say:

Nobody knows.
So how is it mandatory then without any benchmark and IF NOBODY KNOWS?

Unofficial sources which are not approved by authorities.
The dialogue is between me and you, what authority got to do here?

Trying to muddy the water?

Maybe I did, maybe I did not.
When you give answers like above, where is the crediblity?

You had all the answers on everything, but on this its a flip flop, why?

I think you are skating on thin ice on the whole issue here......

NOTE TO MOD: Are personal attacks allowed now?[/QUOTE]

Did I abuse you, or was there any name calling?

On the contrary you are trying to use tactics-ploy to have me removed from here, just because (whatever)......

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Kesho no one is trying to get you outta here.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Marely said that I think........
Personal view. Fair enough.

keshtopatel said:
A5 is ICBM or is not - its your wrong definition of 6000 Km being non ICBM thats where I tried to tackle you,
Maybe it is for you. But I keep my individual view & GOI/DRDO also affirm on Agni not being ICBM.

keshtopatel said:
afterall how can you go against the universal scientific principles and definitions. This way you are bringing whole industry, science against you.
Indeed I can when its my personal opinion. Talking of industry, DRDO doesn't credit A5 as an ICBM program.

keshtopatel said:
I dont need to dig up your past 3000 posts, for what?
To keep up with the flow of discussion.

keshtopatel said:
Shall I similarly say, hey check my past posts with tom dik n Harry on Pakistanforum?
You can if we are on the particular mentioned forum. I won't be frowned on that. But will take it in a rational manner.

keshtopatel said:
If I was not part of a discussion because I was not a member then, or I did not read every thread of this site, does it mean you have recourse on me, on this¿¿¿¿
I won't make any conclusion on it if I was on the other side.

keshtopatel said:
You can always put up your views to a new comer on proper prospective,
As a matter of fact I did. But can't meet anyone's expectations.

keshtopatel said:
without resorting to tactics like why did you not check my post number 9999
It was to clear my stand which you thought drifting.

keshtopatel said:
these are things of the past!
Well not the past but just a page back. We usually have long conversation here.

keshtopatel said:
There is nothing mandatory on this accuracy CEP, where did you get this? Has IA-IN said that?
There is a precedence on the contrary whereby they have accepted the CEP far greater than normal as per your standard of 100 (you are on the record) previously.
I stand by my previous personal view on this. Feel free to disagree.

nrj said:
Lesser the CEP of A5 larger the Nuke Force serving India so ideal state remains to have least CEP.
nrj said:
With higher accuracy Strategic Force Command can assign smaller nuclear warhead to long-range missile still meeting the very purpose of strike (preemptive/retaliatory) as the geographic target location will be dead hit considering the accuracy parameter. On the other hand since having smaller payload, actual range of missile will be enhanced. Highly accurate missile increases the "kill efficiency" of the weapon.

India can field larger Nuke force using smaller yield (fusion/fissile, Plutonium/Lithium Deuteride) material with higher efficiency. Less accurate missile will require larger payload to achieve the similar lethality. With smaller payload the Agni missiles can hit targets beyond their declared specific range.

keshtopatel said:
If you dont know the requirements of IA on CEP, why you are harping on the same here, again n again?
I stand by my view & so can defend it. You can disagree. If something is wrong in my posts, staff is there to do the needful.

keshtopatel said:
The dialogue is between me and you, what authority got to do here?
Owner of Agni program is DRDO/GOI so they are the very absolute authority to label it. Hence I can put the evidence of their testimony saying "India does not have an ICBM Program".

keshtopatel said:
You had all the answers on everything, but on this its a flip flop, why?
Yes my dual-answer because we can carry out discussion on both the issue separately. However, this current thread does not hold relevant title.

keshtopatel said:
I think you are skating on thin ice on the whole issue here......
Again, these remarks are not necessary. I can respond in aggravated manner on personal level but it isn't the aim of discussion here.

BTW I don't skate.

keshtopatel said:
Did I abuse you, or was there any name calling?
Yusuf has responded to it.

keshtopatel said:
On the contrary you are trying to use tactics-ploy to have me removed from here, just because (whatever)......
Not at all. I in fact enjoyed the discussion except some part. Nobody is trying to get you out of here. I think some of your points are good. Did I missed to greet in your Introduction thread?

Anyways, Welcome to the DFI ! We look forward for your contribution ahead.
:)

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
[hl]OK Guys, the quality of last few posts has gone down literally without adding any substance to the discussion and has become a personal battle. Not to mention the point-by-point comments which makes the posts unreadable. So, you two give a rest to this matter. Any further posts in the same direction will be deleted.[/hl]

EagleOne

Saraswat: Agni-V will be test-fired in 2011

cross post

Agni-V, the inter-continental ballistic missile being developed in India, will be test-fired in 2011, director-general of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) V.K. Saraswat, said here on Sunday.

"Agni-V should be ready to be test-fired anytime next year. It is an intermediate-range ballistic missile," said the Scientific Advisor to the Ministry of Defence.

Agni-V will be a three-stage solid fuelled missile that will carry a conventional nuclear warhead. It will reportedly have a range of more than 5,000 km. It will be a canisterised missile, providing it flexibility, to be launched from multiple platforms on land and sea.

"Over the past 15 years, the successful launches of the Prithvi, Agni and BrahMos missiles have proved that the country's missile programme has reached a mature level," Dr. Saraswat said.

The DRDO is also working on the next version of the supersonic cruise missile BrahMos, he added. Dr. Saraswat was speaking to journalists on the sidelines of an interactive session between academicians, policy makers and the industry, organised by the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI).

The ISI and the DRDO signed a memorandum of collaboration for a Rs. 9.7 crore-project to be executed over the next five years on the security of information at installations and networks of the DRDO. "The project involves indentifying high-end security solutions for government installations and our information network."

Dr. Saraswat said there were two operations in information security — offensive and defensive — and that the DRDO was currently working on defensive solutions, which it considered essential.

The Hindu : States / Other States : Saraswat: Agni-V will be test-fired in 2011

pmaitra

Минский автомобильный завод

any idea what is going to be the base for the Agni-v TEL?are we looking at russia for MAZ designs or trying to develop something on our own.
Videos of some MAZ trucks:

MAZ (Republic of Belarus or ex-Belorussian SSR, USSR ):

Company Official Video:

Other videos:

Some other (old and new models):

ZIL (USSR)

TATRA (Czech Republic)

Oshkosh (USA):

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

The range of Indian Ballistic missiles is intentionally kept in IRBM ranges so India is not perceived as a hostile nation (to the west).
That is very correct.

IMHO, India now has outgrown such a requirement. With such strong trade ties with the West, wide range of convergence on international matters, India definitely needs to acquire global reach capability without ruffling too many feathers.

One must keep in mind, North Korea managed to avoid the predicament of US led invasion like in Iraq only due to it's nukes and the Taep'o-dong missiles.

I think India needs to tell the world, "We may not be able to defeat you in war, but we can surely defeat any of you evil designs to occupy our land!"

The US has always wanted to setup a base in central Asia and Kashmir is not off it's radar. There is a reason why we need to be wary of them. An ICBM will go a long way in ensuring India's safety which is the safety of 1/6th of Humanity.

I think it is time for India to go ahead with all her plans w.r.t. ICBM. The West couldn't do much after our N-tests; all they can do now is but mere trivia!

pmaitra

I don't think cutting the payload by half will double the range. Its a wrong notion that everyone has. Range would increase by 20% or so.
My car with all 5 passengers gives me about 13 kms a liter. When I go alone it does not give me 30 a liter
Very well said.

If I may add, a woman can have a baby in 9 months, but 9 women cannot have a baby in 1 month.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
now is the age of Armour truck for missile like agni, (you guys must have seen the new armour truck in R Day 2010). It takes three truck to fire a missile, but with new truck it will be only one single armour truck which will do the same job, this is under test and development and you guys will see those soon.

Anshu Attri

Country flag
Saraswat: Agni-V will be test-fired in 2011

:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::

Agni-V, the inter-continental ballistic missile being developed in India, will be test-fired in 2011, director-general of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) V.K. Saraswat, said here on Sunday.

"Agni-V should be ready to be test-fired anytime next year. It is an intermediate-range ballistic missile," said the Scientific Advisor to the Ministry of Defence.

Agni-V will be a three-stage solid fuelled missile that will carry a conventional nuclear warhead. It will reportedly have a range of more than 5,000 km. It will be a canisterised missile, providing it flexibility, to be launched from multiple platforms on land and sea.

"Over the past 15 years, the successful launches of the Prithvi, Agni and BrahMos missiles have proved that the country's missile programme has reached a mature level," Dr. Saraswat said.

The DRDO is also working on the next version of the supersonic cruise missile BrahMos, he added. Dr. Saraswat was speaking to journalists on the sidelines of an interactive session between academicians, policy makers and the industry, organised by the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI).

The ISI and the DRDO signed a memorandum of collaboration for a Rs. 9.7 crore-project to be executed over the next five years on the security of information at installations and networks of the DRDO. "The project involves indentifying high-end security solutions for government installations and our information network."

Dr. Saraswat said there were two operations in information security — offensive and defensive — and that the DRDO was currently working on defensive solutions, which it considered essential.

Rahul92

great news but still we are far behind china we should concentrate more range of ICBMs
:emot112:

Rama

india needs to concentrate with agni 5 with mirv + agni slbm and ssbn that will take of indias stratgic problems

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
^^

India To Test-Fire Agni-V In 2011 | AVIATION WEEK

The Agni-V can be launched from multiple platforms on land and sea.

"It will be a three-stage, solid-fuel missile that will carry a conventional nuclear warhead," a DRDO source said. "We are also developing multiple independently targetable re-entry vehicle [MIRV] warheads for Agni missiles. The advantage is that it can carry several nuclear warheads."

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
A BrahMos flight on Sept. 5 boosted the confidence of Indian missile scientists. "With the successful BrahMos launch, we achieved a major breakthrough in critical missile technology for strategic missions," Saraswat said.
Does this statement let out anything? Brahmos missile is completely diff from other missiles. Was the Brahmos missile tested in a new config/extended range or was it used to test a component that would feature on the next missile that the DRDO may be working on?

neo29

I still dont understand why are we boasting about missile tests all the way from Agni 2, Agni 3 and Agni 5. They just have 1k difference in them. It will look weird if we end up declaring Agni 6 or 7 with range of 6k to 7k. We can start boasting when the difference with the last missile is over 3k.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
going by the 1k difference in each version of agni and its developement time of about 19 years it will take india another 70 years to field a true icbm of 12k range. so i think the surya icbm should be of a entirely new design to carry a much larger nuclear payload to be multi platform weapon and should be fielded by 2020-2025.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
That's not how the calculation goes does it?? Simple example a child learns to talk only after a year or two but once it does it rapidly learns all the words and talks in sentences etc... Once DRDO learns all the tricks of the trade it will only be a matter of enhancing and improving rather than inventing which it has been doing for all this while. Look at isro and how it started and now it has fool proof launch vehicle in the pslv and will soon have gslv.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles