Agni V Missile test launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country flag
I mean the satellite which helps its forces to communicate with each other.
that would be military satellites and not many nations have a network
USA and Russia are 2 that come to mind but Russia's network is not
as extensive as USA's and usually more than 1 satellite make up the
network and there are backup satellites.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Most ballistic missiles of AGNI's size and weight fly MACH 15+ . USA 'S minutemen
hit speeds of MACH 18+.

The Minuteman III ICBM
I forgot this is an ICBM! :D

Which means it should go faster than the rate of gravitational pull to escape earths gravity. Which is 8-kms/second to counter earths negative pull, so Agni being an ICBM works like a space Rocket and not a Missile. So the word Missile is an euphemism in this regard.

Blackwater

launch is postponed due to bad weather. My Q is when china attack us on rainy day do we wait for weather to clear???:taunt1::taunt1::taunt1:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
People some times confused patriotism with senseless logic-less Nation worship.

Any way What Black Water asked is a fairly valid Question:)

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
launch is postponed due to bad weather. My Q is when china attack us on rainy day do we wait for weather to clear???:taunt1::taunt1::taunt1:
:clobber:

how to track the missile in 5k km range with data from the missile specially with the mid way zone having all sort of disturbances for tracking ship to get tele data.

i am talking about the yellow zone.

we can launch missile at any time of day or night in all weather but the objective is not to test the missile but to get the valuable data for future tests and other usage.

pmaitra

Frankly, I was thinking of the same thing. Will our missiles be ineffective during thunderstorms? What about missiles of other countries? Are they also vulnerable to inclement weather?

Alternatively, is it safe to assume our missiles will work fine even in inclement weather, but it was postponed this time because they want to gather accurate measurements about the launch?

trackwhack

@ blackwater

If you did not bother reading the thread and mouth BS then why should I bother pointing out things to you. We have had this debate earlier too. Why do you keep abusing DRDO? What are your capabilities? Do you even know how to screw in a bolt forget about rockets and missiles.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
@ blackwater

If you did not bother reading the thread and mouth BS then why should I bother pointing out things to you. We have had this debate earlier too. Why do you keep abusing DRDO? What are your capabilities? Do you even know how to screw in a bolt forget about rockets and missiles.
We will stop Abusing DRDO when it starts delivering its promises.

And Praising it Through its inefficiency/incompetance is not gonna help India

trackwhack

Weather being a risk to rockets and missiles is uniform anywhere in the world. A lightning strike can kill a missile. But a deplyed missile weapons system wont be concentrated in the same area. If we have 10 weapons sites, it wont be bad weather everywhere when we need to strike. Simple logic. Why is everyone getting so paranoid?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
^what is that ?
Our glorious Saya has done a quick illustrative drawing without any explanations for lesser mortals such as you.

The Red spot is the splash down area where the Agni will land and the Yellow oval is the problem area where the weather is bad. So DRDO wants good weather through out the passage.

Thats what we think but not sure why DRDO stopped it, they must have know forecast anyway.

pmaitra

Read posts 291, 310 and 311 before mouthing off BS.
Mate, I understand that the missile will work fine in inclement weather, however, this understanding is still speculation, isn't it? It is true we won't be able to get accurate data if it is tested in bad weather. The point is, how certain are we that this missile will work in bad weather? Surely, we have little more than speculative inference here - don't you agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles