AEROINDIA 2019

AnantS

Country flag
I'd hope that it is an autofolding rotor.

The interview that Tarmak did with the R&D head and Grp Capt Unni Pillai revealed that the rotors and the tail boom are auto.
But this guy says rotor folding mechanism still remains issue as the forward non foldable blade makes it untenable on most of ships

cyclops

Country flag

uoftotaku

Country flag
Aero India 2019 will be covered by Doordarshan National on 20th February 2019, 09:00AM onwards.

Wow, are those side bay doors?
No..thats for the landing gear

And the "rear" bay isn't practically possible. No space for weapons under the engines, will also cause weight distribution issues also.

More likely it shows the darkened panels as engine access bay for maintenance / replacement purposes

porky_kicker

Country flag
Aero India 2019 will be covered by Doordarshan National on 20th February 2019, 09:00AM onwards.

Wow, are those side bay doors?

Also, I hope there's something akin to the JSF EOTS planned for the AMCA.
Where did you see side bay doors ?

porky_kicker

Country flag
No..thats for the landing gear

And the "rear" bay isn't practically possible. No space for weapons under the engines, will also cause weight distribution issues also.

More likely it shows the darkened panels as engine access bay for maintenance / replacement purposes
With saw tooth configuration along the edges ?

Which is always a indication that the bay doors will be opened in flight and hence to reduce RCS during such.

I don't think so , it's definitely weapons bay also given the size

Also regarding weight distribution and what not , if one is not part of the design team , one cannot comment on the same due to the complexities involved.

Anyways let's wait and watch

Last edited:

uoftotaku

Country flag
With saw tooth configuration along the edges ? Which is always a indication that the bay doors will be opened in flight and hence to reduce RCS during such.

I don't think so
Saw tooth edges should rightly be applied to ALL panel gaps as any straight edges compromise stealth. So ANY and ALL openable panels, be they weapons bays, fuel points, avionics bay, even the canopy and gun port all have saw tooth edges in true stealth configuration. Heck even the bay which houses the embarkation ladder for the F-35 has a saw tooth edge.Take a look at the F-22 and compare with F-35 and you can see the difference and understand why people keep harping that F-35 is far too compromised on many aspects