ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I hope it is not like an April 1st joke.
Would be in very bad taste. For the hundreds of Indian defence enthusiasts who take pride in our S&T achievements.

Can anybody authenticate the report.
The rest of the comments can follow later.

If it is not the LCA mk2, what plane is it.
What ?? That's a fan art

MirageBlue

Country flag

2:37 time mark. The covers get closed even for first flight. ( Of LSP 4 of MK-1)
The first ever flight of a prototype may see the landing gear continuing to stay in extended position. That is basically to avoid one possible failure case, where the landing gear does not retract and extend back properly. With the LCA TD-1 that flew for the first time, the landing gear was kept open all through the flight. It was just abundant caution at work there.

Once it becomes a tested part, even for first flights of other prototypes, the landing gear is retracted by the pilots.

Last edited:

MirageBlue

Country flag
I hope it is not like an April 1st joke.
Would be in very bad taste. For the hundreds of Indian defence enthusiasts who take pride in our S&T achievements.

Can anybody authenticate the report.
The rest of the comments can follow later.

If it is not the LCA mk2, what plane is it.
It's a CGI..made by Kuntal Biswas.

Tridev123

Country flag
It's a CGI..made by Kuntal Biswas.
I have acknowledged it. Refer to my previous post.
But it would have been great if our aeronautical community (HAL, ADE, ADA etc) had really pulled an rabbit out of the hat. Delivered something even if it was a prototype well ahead of time.

But sadly we know that keeping to deadlines and cost estimates are not practices common to our PSU's. Even without the Covid pandemic there would have been slippages in delivering on promises. Here I do acknowledge that in the aerospace field delays do happen even in the big MNC's like Lockheed Martin and Boeing. The case of the F35 comes to the mind. However in India instead of exceptions delays are the rule. I would dearly like to see if the entry of reputed companies like L&T, Tatas etc into design and fighter aircraft assembly /production would change the situation. They would require a lot of help initially, no doubt. The private sector in India should get into combat aircraft development and production as soon as possible. We can then compare the performance of HAL and the private entity.

If the first prototype of the LCA mk2 had been ready today for flight tests then one would not be wrong in predicting that the first FOC aircraft will be delivered to the IAF in 5 yrs from now.

Anyway since it is not happening, let's keep our fingers crossed. I believe the Rafale would be an overkill for the J10C to be acquired by the PAF. The MWF will be the real match for the J10C(it might even exceed the performance of the J10C) and will be a much more cost effective option for us.

The sooner we realise the MWF the better position we will be in.

FactsPlease

Country flag
I have acknowledged it. Refer to my previous post.
But it would have been great if our aeronautical community (HAL, ADE, ADA etc) had really pulled an rabbit out of the hat. Delivered something even if it was a prototype well ahead of time.

But sadly we know that keeping to deadlines and cost estimates are not practices common to our PSU's. Even without the Covid pandemic there would have been slippages in delivering on promises. Here I do acknowledge that in the aerospace field delays do happen even in the big MNC's like Lockheed Martin and Boeing. The case of the F35 comes to the mind. However in India instead of exceptions delays are the rule. I would dearly like to see if the entry of reputed companies like L&T, Tatas etc into design and fighter aircraft assembly /production would change the situation. They would require a lot of help initially, no doubt. The private sector in India should get into combat aircraft development and production as soon as possible. We can then compare the performance of HAL and the private entity.

If the first prototype of the LCA mk2 had been ready today for flight tests then one would not be wrong in predicting that the first FOC aircraft will be delivered to the IAF in 5 yrs from now.

Anyway since it is not happening, let's keep our fingers crossed. I believe the Rafale would be an overkill for the J10C to be acquired by the PAF. The MWF will be the real match for the J10C(it might even exceed the performance of the J10C) and will be a much more cost effective option for us.

The sooner we realise the MWF the better position we will be in.
All my heart, all my heart...

Global Defence

Articles