ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redragon

Country flag
Kunal Biswas
is it the Navy version, I heard from somewhere saying "The Sea Tejas" was banned this week from first test flying, due to so flaw in it's frame, is it true???

trackwhack

Kunal or Saya, Is the HAL airport in Bangalore now dedicated for military purposes only?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Kunal or Saya, Is the HAL airport in Bangalore now dedicated for military purposes only?
I doubt is dedicated Military Air-base but some time things are different as per situation..

Kunal Biswas
is it the Navy version, I heard from somewhere saying "The Sea Tejas" was banned this week from first test flying, due to so flaw in it's frame, is it true???
This is Air-Force version, the 'sea tejas' flight test are delayed coz of heavy landing gears..

p2prada

As an ex-IISCian, I can relate to this immediately! Awesome!
Wait for the next project to start. What we lacked for LCA was basic technologies and experience. Now we will have both for AMCA.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
While trying to indigenize the production of parts, we came across a problem. We couldn't get push buttons for the control sticks from the Russians because their supply chain was very poor. I went to an automobile switch manufacturer in Nasik. His name was Bachubhai Patel. We asked him to make the push button for us. He replied that he knew how to make buttons for cars but not for aircrafts. We convinced him to try. We told him that we wanted the push buttons in three months. After about two and half months, he gave me a call. He asked me to come over and have a look at it. He had made a very simple and innovative test facility. He had made the push button and he tested it for ten million cycles. He said, 'I have tested it. It is working quite well. Now you have a look at it.' He had made about half a dozen buttons. I gave two buttons to my colleagues to run tests on them in the laboratory and to the design team to study the dimensions. I was amazed at Bachubhai Patel's choice of materials and design. He got it right in the first time. He had designed it without a single failure. What people had struggled for three years and had been running after the Russians for, this old man who was already sixty five in those days, did it. When we started exploring we were even able to find rubber rings, split pins, metallic materials and a variety of things within Indian industries. We wanted some composite material work done that nobody had done in this country and very few people in the world had done. I talked to a professor in IIT Bombay and said these are the components and asked him to try working on it. He made a very important component called the Air brake.
WELL THIS IS TALENT IN OUR COUNTRY IF EXECUTIVE AND THEIR BOSSES COULD SPOT IT HATS OFF TO TEGJAS TEAM :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
We also wanted to change the aerodynamics. We developed a concept called Vortex plate. We didn't know at that time that we were the first in the world to develop something like this. NASA developed a similar concept only six years later.
Can our techies put more light in to this please

john70

Country flag
Tejas lsp 7 flight vid

[video]http://vimeo.com/user7318063/lsp-7-first-flight-09-march-2012[/video]

A very nice vid of Tejas LSP 7 flight.

The Tejas Light Combat Aircraft, LSP-7 accomplished its maiden flight from HAL airport on 9th March 2012. This test flight is significant for the programme as LSP-7's build-standard is close to the initial operational clearance ( IOC) standard. LSP-7, along with LSP-8, will be offered to the Indian Air Force for user evaluation trials (UET). This is also the first time a maiden flight of a prototype was not accompanied by the customary 'chase' aircraft, an indicator to the level of confidence in the machine.
It was a moment of immense pride for the members of the Tejas team who reported satisfactory performance of aircraft systems including Multi-mode Radar (MMR), Helmet Mounted Display System (HMDS), Auto-pilot and Instrument Landing System (ILS). It was the first time that the maiden flight of the aircraft was not accompanied by the customary 'chase' aircraft which is an indication of the rising levels of confidence in the performance of the aircraft. Another significant achievement includes the "Production Test Schedule" which was used for the first time on the maiden test flight of the LSP-7 aircraft.
The flight which lasted a total of 28 minutes had Gp Capt KK Venugopal at the controls in the cockpit and Wg Cdr Kabadwal of the National Flight Test Centre (NFTC) as Test Director in the telemetry room.

This is really a nice video.
I like the way it is towed with all the "sweat" workers sitting in the towing vehicle as LSP 7 is taken for the flight ; though it appears unproffessional, i love the respect given to the proud "sweat" workers too.

I like the way the whole machine is first examined by him, where we see it as near as possible then takes on the cockpit...... really love this vid.

All the workers are seen clapping as the flight takes off......'

The landing is flawless.....

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
@Ace @Track Both of you are awesome members, trust me both of you are more like minded than you think. I know because i have dealt with both of you! Give peace a chance and you may both like each other. :p

john70

Country flag
LCA TEJAS........ Really nothing interesting is coming today for this marvelous bird.... Waiting for a post on it. Good night all of u.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Tejas Mk1's Future Prospects

It has cost India Rs140.47 billion—spent over a period of 29 years—to acquire the core technological and industrial competencies required for producing a home-grown medium multi-role combat aircraft (M-MRCA) like the 'Tejas'. In the process a total of 40 laboratories owned by the Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO), 25 academic institutions, 300 public-/private-sector companies, and a combined design/engineering team made up of 600 personnel had to be roped in to realise the national dream of developing a fourth-generation M-MRCA for both the Indian Air Force (IAF) and Indian Navy (IN). The entire R & D programme was divided into 1,200 packages, while for flight certification purposes, the aircraft was categorised into 17 major systems with 346 line-replaceable units (LRU) and 33 software-embedded systems. Additionally, in order to bridge the technological and infrastructure gaps of two generations, critical ground-based facilities like the National Flight Testing Centre (NFTC) were built over the past decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles