ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I have already presented my view, I have nothing against other views unless they are unnatural and being forced on others in uncivilized fashion / manner ..

On the topic at hand, I have nothing much to add but this that their were many intellectuals on forums making lot of assertions about Tejas in last so many years, All those assumptions are now in drain in matter of a year.

Their is lot of changes done in just one year, We yet to witness the changes in next 3 years, So its best to keep assumptions at bay and let debate in constructive and logical manner.

I can observe you do not agree with the numbers projected/figured out/calculated by me......

dude00720

Country flag
With all due respect I asked him to get familiar with the content we were discussing.

This is Offtopic.........
You dont have a right to tell people what to do. This is against rules of civilised behaviour. The best you can say is, this is your opinion. If you continue , like this, people will stop posting in this thread.

I wonder, if that is, your purpose.

dude00720

Country flag
Their is lot of changes done in just one year, We yet to witness the changes in next 3 years, So its best to keep assumptions at bay and let debate in constructive and logical manner.
Exactly my point - @KunalBiswas .

Filtercoffee

Country flag
I hope you have read one of my post above

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...-news-and-discussions.1/page-640#post-1237714

I hope u have.

Summarizing in two lines will be difficult but let me try:
Please find my response inline....

As per the information available I am having figure expected in 2026 not 2022 .

Mig 21 and 27 to be retired 200+ to be retired by 2026 so believing a constant and gradual removal around 100 aircrafts might be retired by 2022.(crashes or cannibalized not accounted)

by 2022
available :36 Rafale+20 IOC Tejas+20 FOC Tejas+Few Su= ~85 can be expected. New Ones which hardly fulfills the requirement of the removed ones.....

If you have any other info please share.
Sir, you are proving my point exactly to what I have sugessted. No personal remark was taken into heart. Thank you for your concern though. Warm regards and I hope the airforce takes into what you are saying seriously.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
yes lets keep it logical and constructive....

Pulkit

Country flag
You dont have a right to tell people what to do. This is against rules of civilised behaviour. The best you can say is, this is your opinion. If you continue , like this, people will stop posting in this thread.

I wonder, if that is, your purpose.
I seriously do not get you .... I requested only.....
You made an open statement I just asked you to represent it....

As you said even u are no one to suggest me anything.................................................................................

Pulkit

Country flag
Sir, you are proving my point exactly to what I have sugessted. No personal remark was taken into heart. Thank you for your concern though. Warm regards and I hope the airforce takes into what you are saying seriously.
I made no personal remarks Just presented my view.............
Thanks and Regards ...........
PB

Filtercoffee

Country flag
I made no personal remarks Just presented my view.............
Thanks and Regards ...........
PB
Might as well sir it would be great if you could tell us more of ur opinion, I will try to learn more from your suggestions and views.

wuzetian

I wish there would be more talk of Tejas , any body know the Tejas test pilots ? I read a conspiracy theory that test pilots of HAL who support indigenous aircraft are mysteriously killed .

suny6611

Country flag
Why can't we make 30 planes each year by out sourcing sub-assemblies...

1) the 1st tejas ..... HAL says that 13 to 19 hrs per day by their assembly staff was put in so as to deliver the 1st tejas............. meaning short of staff !!!

2) HAL works on single pice system ............ ie they decide the number of a/c they wish to deliver in that year say 8 then all components are ordered ie 8 each ..... then they wait for delivery .... which is the best way to sit idle for long time. ................... meaning failed management for delivery of components.

3) all lines MUST stay active for 8-10 years(may be) so they take a call accordingly as to spread the order.

if they want to ........... y just 30 they can deliver even 100 ........ but for that they will need to change a lot !!!!

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
India’s Tejas Fighter Jet To Soon Fly With The Indigenous Kaveri Engine
Making a fighter jets is difficult, while making a jet engine is even more so. India learnt that when we started making a home-grown fighter, with a home-grown engine. While the plane’s development progressed, the powerplant's development was marred with technical challenges that have still not been ironed out.
India lacked the metallurgical expertise to make alloys that can withstand high temperatures and advanced nations aren’t willing to part with the technology. Take the case of China. While it has two fifth-generation jets under development, it too has lagged behind in jet engine technology. The J-20 that was shown in public recently is powered by Russian engines.
defencetalk.net
So, the DRDO had to opt for the GE F404 engine as a replacement. The Tejas was inducted with this engine and will get its FOC (Final Operational Clearance) with the same power plant. Since the Kaveri failed to produce sufficient thrust to power a fighter, DRDO contemplated developing a marine turbine based on it and even use it for the under-development AURA UAV. And now, there’s more.
According to reports, a consultancy agreement with Safran of France has been signed to revive the Kaveri.
Safran (formerly Snecma) also makes the engines for the Rafale fighter and according to the offset clause in the purchase agreement, will have to invest 50 per cent of the deal amount back into India.
Therefore, India may not have to spend any more money on the Kaveri engine.
Kaveri on the IL-76 flying test bed in Russia/*****************
Safran has reportedly proposed to make the Kaveri engine flight worthy in 18 months’ time. This means that the Tejas may fly with the Kaveri engine by 2020! This will also make it easier for India to export the Tejas in the future, since a separate agreement may not have to be signed with the engine suppliers.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Indian Company Centum Electronics has developed an indigenous AESA Radar
Meanwhile, an indigenous AESA Fire Control Radar is being developed for the Mk2 by Electronics and Radar Development Establishment (LRDE), for which Bangalore-based Centum Electronics has designed and developed the Vibration Hardened OCXO (oven controlled crystal oscillators). “The function of OCXO is to generate the clock frequency of 120 MHz, which is in turn fed to a synthesizer that generates the required X-Band frequency for AESA,” said Vinod S. Chippalkatti, vice-president,
Centum Electronics, to AIN. “The company was initially challenged three years ago to develop this product, since international companies were not able to meet the specifications and part with the technology. Centum is able to develop and deliver the product, which is lightweight, low-g-sensitive and its phase noise performance is excellent under vibration,” added Chippalkatti.
http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...dias-light-combat-aircraft-advances-new-order

Pulkit

Country flag
@tharun
Why can't we make 30 planes each year by out sourcing sub-assemblies...
The tech involved is very high tech and untill recently private sector was not as involved as they are now.
out sourcing of sub assemblies is already taking place .
There are various component which cannot be outsourced as you know its National Security.

We can make 30 planes per year if we setup another assembly line and have additional order of 100 Aircrafts.

1) the 1st tejas ..... HAL says that 13 to 19 hrs per day by their assembly staff was put in so as to deliver the 1st tejas............. meaning short of staff !!!
HAL is not short of staff but they employees there live in there la la land .
Once I was in Banglore and got a chance to interact with few employees.

According to them most of the people are just there to sign the attendance register.
Most of the high ranking officers are never at desk or are always late just like most of the government organisations.
2) HAL works on single pice system ............ ie they decide the number of a/c they wish to deliver in that year say 8 then all components are ordered ie 8 each ..... then they wait for delivery .... which is the best way to sit idle for long time. ................... meaning failed management for delivery of components.
There management of inventory is quite poor and they never place orders on time.
All the red tapes involved can be the reason for that .
3) all lines MUST stay active for 8-10 years(may be) so they take a call accordingly as to spread the order.

if they want to ........... y just 30 they can deliver even 100 ........ but for that they will need to change a lot !!!!
100 per year..... definately not from a single manufacturing establishment.... need to create many new lines but then it will be totally uneconomical.....

Reactions: G10

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Why and how? Govt. gave red signal to them favouring Safron+Kaveri pair?
Well seems it is stuck because we wanted to use it in AMCA development and Americans are not giving a green signal for it. It is not confirmed thats why I asked Kunal to check.

swap

Navy chief Sunil Lanba says Tejas LCA ( naval ) not up to mark yet, search on for another fighter jet

Indian Navy chief Admiral Sunil Lanba here today said the indigenous Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) is “not up to the mark”, due to which they are searching another fighter aircraft for carrier operations within the next five years. Lanba said the navy will seek a fighter aircraft from elsewhere, while it is still encouraging India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) to develop the Naval LCA. “The MiG-29K will operate from the Vikrant (first Indian built aircraft carrier). But we also need an alternate aircraft now. We are looking for it, as the LCA is not up to the mark yet. In the present form, the LCA cannot take off with its full weapon load,” said the Navy chief, adding that within the next five years a new fighter aircraft will be needed for carrier operations. In another major development, Lanba revealed that a nuclear submarine of China’s People’s Liberation Army Navy was deployed and did a port call at Karachi. “There has been no intrusion by Chinese vessels in Indian territorial waters in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. But we have our eyes on them (Chinese Navy),” said Lanba. Meanwhile, the Navy chief said the force is planning to acquire autonomous sub-surface assets and ship-based Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). On the Scorpene submarine leak, Lanba said India will setup a joint group with France. “We will see if have to make changes on the platforms. But the leaked data dates to the pre-2010 period. It does not have details on the armament. There is no critical leak,” he said, adding additional submarines are also being looked at.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles